True 3G Or Samart I-Mobile 3G ?

cers

I tried Smart I-Mobile and I found the coverage was rubbish, was a waste of 200 baht,<BR><BR>Now I use Truemove IPhone pack, it costs 699 baht per month on postpaid, my thai wife signed up for me I was only surpposed to get 5GB download per month 3G but somehow they gave me unlimited, the download speeds are very fast I can download at nearly 7megabits all the time, its much better than the home broadband service, in my first month of service I downloaded 50GB+ and upload 11GB+.<BR><BR>The 3G service all over Bangkok is 1st rate, also the 3G service in Pattaya is ok but not 100% in buildings, also True Move service is very limited in the country only semi major towns are covered, if you go out into the sticks don't count on getting any serivice at all and the internet is only GPRS they do not use EDGE as far as I know.<BR><BR>I do travel up country but use my wifes AIS GSM monthly phone with EDGE and make do.<BR><BR>If I was you get True Move ASAP.<BR><BR>

I tried Smart I-Mobile and I found the coverage was rubbish, was a waste of 200 baht,<BR><BR>Now I use Truemove IPhone pack, it costs 699 baht per month on postpaid, my thai wife signed up for me I was only surpposed to get 5GB download per month 3G but somehow they gave me unlimited, the download speeds are very fast I can download at nearly 7megabits all the time, its much better than the home broadband service, in my first month of service I downloaded 50GB+ and upload 11GB+.<BR><BR>The 3G service all over Bangkok is 1st rate, also the 3G service in Pattaya is ok but not 100% in buildings, also True Move service is very limited in the country only semi major towns are covered, if you go out into the sticks don't count on getting any serivice at all and the internet is only GPRS they do not use EDGE as far as I know.<BR><BR>I do travel up country but use my wifes AIS GSM monthly phone with EDGE and make do.<BR><BR>If I was you get True Move ASAP.<BR><BR>

Be very careful otherwise you may end up with a huge bill like I did. They FIX their mistakes and land you with a huge bill. I had the same thing as you, last month I got a suprise when my 3g bill ran up to 11,000 baht

Be very careful otherwise you may end up with a huge bill like I did. They FIX their mistakes and land you with a huge bill. I had the same thing as you, last month I got a suprise when my 3g bill ran up to 11,000 baht

Please confirm you are with True Move, did you dispute the bill, what happened ?

Please confirm you are with True Move, did you dispute the bill, what happened ?

Also I cannot believe they gave an 11,000 baht credit limit, surely it must have been a error! ?

Other than 3G phones, you can buy USB modems (slightly bigger than a typical thumb drive) for less than B2000. I bought mine from a small shop in Pantip, but I know that Data IT, a bigger retailer, had them as well.