Turbo Kit For Honda Civic 1.8 Mt 2008

Superkatsu

Hi,

I own a Honda Civic 1.8 MT build in 2008, can somebody suggest me a good garage in Bangkok, Chonburi Pattaya, to modify the engine?

I have a HKS ECU already, but compare to a stand Civic there is no difference....

I went to www.rc-turbo.com in Bang Na already but I am not sure if they can do a proper job....

the guy in the shop said, the Kit will be around 40.000bht, can use the HKS ECU and the Car will have 280-300HP, I would be happy with this, but it sounds to much HP for me.

I have very bad experience with garages in Pattaya....

i checked even www.civivfdthailand.com but couldn't get good information out of that page.

Hope for Help!

Turbo kit for 1.8L

Td05h-16G small turbocharger,

external 38mm wastegate set at 6-7psi,

Hks ecu can be used-which type do you have? (fcon?-standalone) or just the HKS IF?(piggyback)

intercooler 2.5" 18" length

injector 440-660cc,

intake custom with cone racing airfilter,

exhaust upsize with downpipe,

oil turbo feed lines,

custom intercooler pipes/silicone

Custom turbo headers!

(automatic?- put addational atf cooler and use racing grade ATF or manual-heavy duty clutch cover and aggressive friction plate+bearing)

a realistic HP margin would be around 220-240HP with a good tune.

more than that expect to change internals or heavy alot of realiability problems including gearbox.

you can go for brand new or 2nd hand parts.....brand new is always advised as you are sure each part you are putting in is of perfect condition.

you can PM for more info.

Turbo kit for 1.8L

Hks ecu can be used-which type do you have? (fcon?-standalone) or just the HKS IF?(piggyback)

injector 440-660cc,

oil turbo feed lines,

Custom turbo headers!

With a standard 1.8L throttle body? I would have thought this would be uprated to at least the 2,4L Accord unit as well, or is it unnecessary on this engine?

Turbo kit for 1.8L

injector 440-660cc,

oil turbo feed lines,

Custom turbo headers!

(automatic?- put addational atf cooler and use racing grade ATF or manual-heavy duty clutch cover and aggressive friction plate+bearing)

a realistic HP margin would be around 220-240HP with a good tune.

more than that expect to change internals or heavy alot of realiability problems including gearbox.

you can go for brand new or 2nd hand parts.....brand new is always advised as you are sure each part you are putting in is of perfect condition.

you can PM for more info.

Thank you very much, this helps a lot...

the Civic has manual transmission, and racing clutch, it was one of the civiv one make race cars, after changing the regalement, they want us to install a k20 engine, the engine swap was 300.000 so we quit racing...

do you have a shop?

We have a garage at chalem phket road,

regarding throttle body, it is advised to upsize as you have more air volume,

but not nessary for low boosting (simple) project.

their are plently of supplementry mods, such as fuel regulator, billet fuel filter, throttle body,

camshafts, pistons etc etc

i can easily recommend you to a petrol specalisit garage if you want.

the k20a 300k, a bit to pricy you can pick one up for around 200k, fitting it wont cost another 100k

unless you want more than required modifications.

if you have a manual gearbox with racing clutch it can easily handle the abuse of low boosting turbo setup

managing a gain of not much more than 50-80hp.

i still need information on your ecu, are you running HKS piggyback system or Fcon Vpro standalone system?

their are plently of supplementry mods, such as fuel regulator, billet fuel filter, throttle body,

the k20a 300k, a bit to pricy you can pick one up for around 200k, fitting it wont cost another 100k

if you have a manual gearbox with racing clutch it can easily handle the abuse of low boosting turbo setup

i still need information on your ecu, are you running HKS piggyback system or Fcon Vpro standalone system?

Boosting an NA engine without going for low compression (forged) pistons is a waste of time in my opinion.

You are only going to to be able to get very low boost, which means only a small increase in power. Compare that with the money you are going to spend, you are paying big money for it.

Why do you want to go turbo?

You already have HKS ECU but there is no difference from standard? I think it's probably a piggy back you have...

Get a proper re-mappable ECU and get someone who knows what they are doing and most engines should see a good increase in both BHP and Torque over a standard ECU.

What about throttle bodies and a some cams on your engine, then get it tuned? It will be a lot less money, the engine will be better for it (boosting NA = not good) and you should see a good increase in power... 30-50bhp... maybe more.

Boosting an NA engine without going for low compression (forged) pistons is a waste of time in my opinion.

You are only going to to be able to get very low boost, which means only a small increase in power. Compare that with the money you are going to spend, you are paying big money for it.

Why do you want to go turbo?

You already have HKS ECU but there is no difference from standard? I think it's probably a piggy back you have...

Get a proper re-mappable ECU and get someone who knows what they are doing and most engines should see a good increase in both BHP and Torque over a standard ECU.

What about throttle bodies and a some cams on your engine, then get it tuned? It will be a lot less money, the engine will be better for it (boosting NA = not good) and you should see a good increase in power... 30-50bhp... maybe more.

As I mention before this was a Civic from the one make race series, the engine build up by vattana... ( I belive all standard parts are used, because of the reglement, the only thing what the mechanic mention to me was that the cylinder head is down to minimum, to have more compression)

The ECU is a HKS F-Con.

the catalyst is still in...

Here some impression, when I like to overtake a Car on the motorway at 120km/h I have to shift back to the 3rd gear at 4500rpm there is some power....

It was not possible for me to reach 200km/h ...

In Germany I had a Audi 100 Turbo 2.2 avant (station wagon) the engine was a 5cylinder, 0-100km/h was about 7.2sec

I could reach easly 240km/h a little downhill 260 was possible... I played in a band and we traveled around germany with this car,

5 people, Guitar amp, Bass amp, Drumkit, fully loaded, I took the Spare wheel out outherwise it wouldnd fit everthing in.... I was always pushing, 230-240 no problem for the car....

I wish I had that car here.... it was a TYP44.

Then I found a guy in the net he programed me the ICU.... he charged me 50euros and it was incredible...

and now the 20 year younger Honda Civic cant even get with 20hp less 200km/h what a shame....

I saw many 1.8 turbo engines in the US on youtube.... and as I mention before 40k at rc-turbo is not a big deal.

I think when they apply a turbo they will take out the catalyst anyway, that at least brings 10-15hp.... for a replacement pipe they want charge 4500bht in the end it is about 35k.

ANy Ideas?

even 200.000 I don't like to spent for a engine swap....

the thottle body thing and so on... hmmmm, we had a racing team and it always ended with a engine blow off....

this is why I post here, everybody from the racing series I asked, said change to k20....

Sak turbo in Pattaya said the engine will blow off.....

rc-turbo said its easy to blow off the engine.....

there must be a garage who have some expirience.... I saw one time a Yaris with turbo and was running very well...

Mate,

if you are truly serious about the engine build

call me on,

086-086-3221

i can tell you what exactly you will need,

and the contacts if you want to order low compression forged pistons, rods, gaskets

and so on. (it can get very expensive depending on your target)

it isnt a difficult job at all.

and 40k from rc turbo, first of all parts there arnt original, secondly i dont recommend doing a cheap job.

spend close to 80-100k and get good parts will only ensure better performance and reliability.