Garden Wall Rendering

CDNinKS

Anyone have a concrete guy they can recommend to render a garden wall? What about cost? I have a 2 meter high wall that is about 120 meters long that I have had a quote of 30,000 baht just for labour :blink: which seems pretty steep to me.

I guess I'm think more on the daily rate of construction labour when I say the price seems steep. If an unskilled labourer gets 250 baht a day and a semi skilled one gets 500 ( what I paid for a painting crew) would a concrete wall renderer get 1000/day?

If that is reasonable, then would this job take 30 days?

I guess I'm think more on the daily rate of construction labour when I say the price seems steep. If an unskilled labourer gets 250 baht a day and a semi skilled one gets 500 ( what I paid for a painting crew) would a concrete wall renderer get 1000/day?

If that is reasonable, then would this job take 30 days?

It'll probably take that long, yes. My wall was supposed to be done in 12 days and it took 4 weeks. So whatever time period they're giving you, multiply by four and that's how long they'll really be working. Also, chances are the guy you hire will bring others to work with him, so he has to split the money.

I just had a 110 metre garden wall built and cement-rendered here in Isaan. I reckon the rendering (without painting) took about 3 man months - much longer than I would have expected. Rendering the pillars and top beam was probably half of that - the plain wall part is easy. The rates are cheap here - 250 baht a day for semi-skilled, but they work pretty slowly. Nice result though.

Building and decorating always takes longer than the layman's expectations. I'm not surprised by a 30,000 quote in that part of Thailand (i.e. not boondocks Thailand)

I guess I should clarify a bit. This is a wall by Redi-fence. It is "finished" on one side and a bit rough on the other. All I'm looking for is a very thin skim coat on the outside to smooth over the seams between the panels. No rendering on the posts or top cap. I had a great uncle in Canada who was a wizard with a trowel and I know he could have done this job in 2 days.

Again, not so much looking for justification on price as a name and or number of a good concrete man/wife team who does a decent job for a decent salary.

OK, looks like 70-100 baht per sq mtr is the going rate. I have found what I hope to be a good tradesman for the 100 baht price, so will be about 20,000 baht.

When its done take some photos and put up their phone numbers.................... how many people ask questions like you and then we never know who did it and then hey repeat they had a good bloke but never give the details.