Non-B From Singapore

I need to get a new Non-B (teaching) because my old one is about to expire and is only for a now shut down branch of the school I work for. I was told by my school that my best option is Singapore and that if I get to the consulate when it opens to submit my application, I can pick up my visa the same day. I was also told I'll only need to bring the application, photo, university degree, teaching certificate, and that in my specific case I should write "Looking for a new job." on the form rather than mention my school.

Can anyone confirm all this? According to the MFA site ( http://www.mfa.go.th...482.php?id=2492 ) quoted below, not only is there more I need to bring, but they seem to specifically require I put down the school I'm intending to work at.

Last time I simply had my existing tourist visa 'converted' to a Non-B and never had to leave the country. I'm not sure now if simply going out and getting a TV instead might be the better option and have all the paperwork and visa conversion handled again by the school. Any suggestions/advice. Thanks!

Edit: I'm an American (U.S. passport) living in Bangkok.

2.4 Non-Immigrant Visa Category "B" (Teaching) Foreigners who intend to take up employment as school teachers at the levels below university level in Thailand must submit the following required documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months

- Completed visa application form

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand.

- Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.

- Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.

- School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile.

- Applicant's resume.

- Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorised agencies in applicant's country. (The requirement of the submission of such police certificate is optional. The applicant must submit it if consular officer requests he/she to do so. This requirement is effective as from May 2007)

Edited by Lodestone

Very obvious your school doesnt know what they are talking about, first of all you will not be issued the visa in 1 day in Singapore, apply 1 day, pick up the next

Secondly, you will not be issued with a non-imm B "to look for work" you need a Thai entity to sponser you ie the school

Thirdly for Singapore you need a whole heap of "company" documentation, in your case school documetation, plus your receipt for the WP application, this in addtion to the other documents mentioned above