Unclear Audio Quality Of Nokia Phone

cers

I bought a new Nokia phone for 3000 Baht. To my surprise, the audio quality (when receiving a phone call I couldn't hear the other party clearly) wasn't what I'd expected to be.

Since noisy shopping malls are hardly the place to check the audio quality, I wonder how to avoid a disappointment like this ? Actually, I thought Nokia would be a safe buy.

I'm using Thai purchased Nokias for 10 years or so, and change for a new one few times per year, the last 2 ones, a Nokia 1280 and my current C1 Dual Sim however have this problem too. Beside this, the new 1280 showed every few hours an annoying 'insert simcard' message and needed a restart.

They should not stop producing the 3310 Classic, was a very good one that never had any problems.

However I think still a Nokia is the only well functioning phone.

Smallest phone I had here was a Panasonic not bigger then a small matchbox, kind of keyhanger :lol: I miss the phones with an antenna on it... :D

It would help if you stated the model of the phone. My guess is that the volume is not on max. I a, surprised because I have 2 Nokia's one Thai, one UK and the sound quality is very good. try increasing the volume.

Cheers, Rick

It's a Nokia 5130c-2. The sound quality is not nearly as good as the Nokia Classic 3110c.

I'm using Thai purchased Nokias for 10 years or so, and change for a new one few times per year, the last 2 ones, a Nokia 1280 and my current C1 Dual Sim however have this problem too. Beside this, the new 1280 showed every few hours an annoying 'insert simcard' message and needed a restart.

They should not stop producing the 3310 Classic, was a very good one that never had any problems.

However I think still a Nokia is the only well functioning phone.

Smallest phone I had here was a Panasonic not bigger then a small matchbox, kind of keyhanger :lol: I miss the phones with an antenna on it... :D

Pagers are also gone...:D

Do you know how to increase the volume? If not write what model it is and someone will tell you how to set it at maximum. Or ask in a Nokia shop.

I checked my phone again and I found a "voice clarity" option which was preset on "inactive" which I've just changed into "active". Haven't had any phone calls yet but this might change the situation...:whistling:

Are you basing your issue on a single call? If so maybe make a few more phone calls. If you still have a problem take it back and exchange it or trade up.

You can go to the manufacturers retail outlet (Nokia has one in most malls) and try using any model you might be interested in purchasing. Most of these shops are enclosed and reasonably quiet. If you like it you can always buy it somewhere else.

I tried looking for the 5130-C2 user's guide, and customer problems but couldn't find this model. Is it an XpressMusic model? Was this phone purchased new?

Are you basing your issue on a single call? If so maybe make a few more phone calls. If you still have a problem take it back and exchange it or trade up.

You can go to the manufacturers retail outlet (Nokia has one in most malls) and try using any model you might be interested in purchasing. Most of these shops are enclosed and reasonably quiet. If you like it you can always buy it somewhere else.

I tried looking for the 5130-C2 user's guide, and customer problems but couldn't find this model. Is it an XpressMusic model? Was this phone purchased new?

Yes, it's an XpressMuzic model. And it's new.