Is There A Any Free School Of Thai In Bangkok?

Okapi

I heard that some time ago in a couple of temples there were free classes of Thai language; anyone has a lead?

As I have little money and few freelancer jobs but I survive happily here and I like to get some Thai knowledge.

Probably some churches have free language exchange programs or similar...

And there should be some charity schools for Burmese or Cambodians; as their languages are totally different from Thai - such a school would suit a pennyless farang also :)

Thanks for any FREE Thai classes information !!!

• 2 months later...

There is no free lunch in the world. Some charity might offer some so-call free lessons, but you need to do something in return.

There is always one or two free lesson in every language school, but only one or two times.

There is indeed a FREE "school"-your Thai girlfriend, so find one immediately.

Just show up at any large temple, and offer free English classes to the monks. They'll teach you free Thai in return.

Make sure you study up on a few temple customs and speak enough Thai to communicate your free lessons offer . . . if they ask why, tell them you want to learn about Thai temple culture. whistling.gif

This is how I get my more formal lessons when I'm not learning on my own or with some long haired walking dictionary . . .rolleyes.gif