Cobra In My Boot

marcgee

Never too cautious,

I took off my boots for a quick" bite "

15 minutes later put on my thin nylon Thai work socks and boots and went back to my pigs.

Something felt uncomfortable, more than a fold in the sock.

After taking off my boot then peering into my boot I gave it a shake

and out fell a 10 inch Cobra still alive but suffering from a bad rupture

It was amazing that i had not been bit, I guess he didn't have enough "wiggle" room.

I now check my boots religiously ,not just in the morning.

Considered hanging them up,

but then the spiders!

No place for fools!

marc g.

That's one thing I learned a long time ago and got in the habit of turning over my boots and shoes, tapping them on the floor before putting them on. Also for the thought of smashing a jin jok between my toes.:bah: Guess your cobra didn't like 'soul' food.:lol:

That's one thing I learned a long time ago and got in the habit of turning over my boots and shoes, tapping them on the floor before putting them on. Also for the thought of smashing a jin jok between my toes.:bah: Guess your cobra didn't like 'soul' food.:lol:

Always do the same, where I come from in Australia the Funnel Web spider likes to get in boots. They are deadly, getting into the habit of turning over your boots and giving them a bash could save your life.

someone can correct me if im wrong, I think cobra's require a 10-15 seconds for them to produce venom to hurt their pray, so if you startle one they cant bite you with venom.

Yes, I think you need to go back to snake school. :rolleyes: Don't believe what you just wrote, ok.

someone can correct me if im wrong, I think cobra's require a 10-15 seconds for them to produce venom to hurt their pray, so if you startle one they cant bite you with venom.

Not sure where you got that myth from

A Cobra is lethal from the moment it breathes its first breath

Consider yourself a very lucky man you were not bitten unbelievable actually that you were not bitten

DK

Correct.

So make sure you always carry a stop watch with you, it could save your life.

Sorry, only joking, just couldn`t resist it.

marcgee, glad you are okay! This morning I was putting on my bicycling shoes to go for a ride and noticed a flattened tree frog stuck on the inside sole of one of them. I obviously had not noticed him a few days ago and had taken him for a deadly ride, pancaking him in the process. (The shoes aren't particularly comfortable ones so did not notice the slight bulge. Or, maybe the arch support felt good?) I normally check my shoes but obviously have to do a better job! A bit of stinky cleanup...

Can someone be more precise when it come to Cobra bites. No chance, if yes what to do?

Get the bitten person to hospital asap for anti venom treatment. Try and take the dead snake with you so it can be identified as sometimes a different anti-venom may be needed depending on the type of snake. There seem to be a lot of cobras around at the moment.

I don't doubt what people are seeing here but thought I'd add this for others who may not know. These Keelbacks are all over the place especially after a heavy rain and are not harmful. They sometimes act like a cobra when provoked, rising up and spreading their necks.

post-114070-085939700 1287119822_thumb.j

Your lucky. Hopefully it isn't a nine lives thing taking you down to eight.

I killed my first Cobra about 2 months ago. Thai wife called/yelled for me to get the snake under the garbage can. She sees green and other snakes and doesn't flinch, but this time yes she did which was weird to hear(Well besides the 14 foot python that ended up int a neighbor's yard late one night). Got a stick lifted up the garbage can and it was a baby about 10++ inches. Went to hit the sucker and it stood snake wise up and flared it's sides out. Smacked and crushed its head several times, but we did not toss it into the canal because we wanted to save it for the children to see in order for them to know what not to go near. Anyway, my wife put it on the porch (not by her hands) and then I later asked her where it was. I got my stick and brought it out in the open, pointed and moved my finger about 1 foot from its head and to my surprise the head and its beedy black eyes followed my finger to the exact movement..Still alive, but crushed. Taught me a new lesson, even after the oodles of bad snakes I have killed.. Grind them and don't take any chances.

uncletom

Your lucky. Hopefully it isn't a nine lives thing taking you down to eight.

I killed my first Cobra about 2 months ago. Thai wife called/yelled for me to get the snake under the garbage can. She sees green and other snakes and doesn't flinch, but this time yes she did which was weird to hear(Well besides the 14 foot python that ended up int a neighbor's yard late one night). Got a stick lifted up the garbage can and it was a baby about 10++ inches. Went to hit the sucker and it stood snake wise up and flared it's sides out. Smacked and crushed its head several times, but we did not toss it into the canal because we wanted to save it for the children to see in order for them to know what not to go near. Anyway, my wife put it on the porch (not by her hands) and then I later asked her where it was. I got my stick and brought it out in the open, pointed and moved my finger about 1 foot from its head and to my surprise the head and its beedy black eyes followed my finger to the exact movement..Still alive, but crushed. Taught me a new lesson, even after the oodles of bad snakes I have killed.. Grind them and don't take any chances.

uncletom

Sometimes when the cobra is threatened it will act dead hoping its prey will think its dead

Not sure where you got that myth from

A Cobra is lethal from the moment it breathes its first breath

Consider yourself a very lucky man you were not bitten unbelievable actually that you were not bitten

DK

Yup, not exactly "lethal" in today's world, but highly poisenous same as a grown adult cobra.

The venom of cobras, a neurotoxin, acts powerfully on the nervous system. With effective serum more available, however, the high death rate from cobra bites in some areas of Asia has decreased.

Something I learned in down under - always check your shoes/boots first!

The other day I had a 6" Centipede (Takarb) in the Floor Mop, had it outside to drya fter use, didn't check it and boy....was very, very close encounter too - big one!