Interview With Etihad Airways - Thailand / Mekong Region

george

Interview with Etihad Airways - Thailand / Mekong Region

[HD videos below]

On Wednesday, 13 October 2010, ASIA Travel Tips.com interviewed Mr. Craig Thomas, the Thailand and Mekong Region Manager of Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways.

In this interesting HD video interview we discuss the airline's operations in the region and what plans it has for the future. Some of the issues that are discussed include weight restrictions, online check-in, check-in kiosks, in-town check-in, routes - both within the Thai / Mekong region and intra-regionally, the political turmoil in Thailand and the impact those problems have had on Etihad's operations, the airline's policy with regards to charging for preferred seats such as exit seats, Abu Dhabi stop over restrictions / charges, sport sponsorship such as the one Etihad has with Manchester City Football Club and much, much more.

Etihad Airways first launched flights from Abu Dhabi in the UAE, to Bangkok, Thailand, in April 2004. In June 2006, the airline increased capacity and boosted the popular service to a double-daily operation. With one of its major competitors increasing their service to a thrice-daily service from 1 November 2010, how long will it be before Etihad Airways follows suit?

The HD video interview has been cut into two parts with the first part at the top, and the second just below that.

PART 1:

PART 2:

-- Asia TravelTips.com 2010-10-14

Pity you just shot yourselves in the foot recently, by dropping your baggage allowance to 23kgs for coral frequent flier class.Emirates and Qatar both allow 30kgs so expats like myself will be voting with our feet!

Edited by nitnoymoy

Pity you just shot yourselves in the foot recently, by dropping your baggage allowance to 23kgs for coral frequent flier class.Emirates and Qatar both allow 30kgs so expats like myself will be voting with our feet!

Not sure where you got your info from. As an Etihad FF silver member (LHR-BKK twice per year) I get 33KG in economy:

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/Etihad/uk/en/planatrip/baggage/Pages/allowances-and-charges-other.aspx

I just flew with Etihad and It is now 23kg for anyone below silver .

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where you got your info from. As an Etihad FF silver member (LHR-BKK twice per year) I get 33KG in economy:

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/Etihad/uk/en/planatrip/baggage/Pages/allowances-and-charges-other.aspx

Coral class same as basic frequent flier,as I only fly once a year now my silver status has elapsed 23 kilos is the coral class allowance + 7 kg hand baggage. Emirates offering cheaper flights fom man uk and 30 kg allowance,flying Etihad is a no brainer!