Lost My Driving Licence

Steps

Hi there, i have lost my Thai driving licence and i am wondering if i can just go to the local driving test centre with some ID and obtain a new one. I am in Rayong and the test was done in Nan. Can i get it in Rayong or do i have to travel all the way to Nan?? Many thanx

I sure wouldn't waste a trip to the Land Transportation Department without a Police Report, just because they didn't ask you for one sarahsbloke doesn't mean anything

It is the law that a Police Report be presented before they will issue a new drivers license so why waste your time and end up making two trips

I sure wouldn't waste a trip to the Land Transportation Department without a Police Report, just because they didn't ask you for one sarahsbloke doesn't mean anything

It is the law that a Police Report be presented before they will issue a new drivers license so why waste your time and end up making two trips

Must be a different law in CM then ,,,,,, I still got a new one.

Must be a different law in CM then ,,,,,, I still got a new one.

As in most things in Thailand, it depends on who you get at the counter. The police report is free and takes 10 minutes. If you went without it and were turned away, we would be discussing that in a new thread "Why do I need a police report to get my lost license back?" biggrin.gif

I lost mine, went to Police station in Jomtien took 10 mins to get lost report, went to License center off the 36, with copy of passport front page, copy of visa page, 10 mins later photo taken, 5 minutes later walking out 205 Baht lighter. Easy, painless and quick!

I did exactly that, got my police report, went to Transport office with Passport and a copy then was told as it was a different office and I had moved I needed a copy of my landladys tabien ban and a copy of her id card. At which point i gave up. As was earlier said I think it depends on who you get at the counter. Think I will just try a different transport office!