Lee Aldhouse Held On Phuket Murder Count

webfact

Who's picking up the tab for this individuals lawyers? No don't answer that ~~ I know the answer and as a Brit taxpayer it p**ses me off!

UK pensioners are freezing and taxed on their meager pensions while this guy gets an A1 brief at their expense, it's just wrong in so many ways.

TBWG :wai:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he will be extradited as he faces the death penalty if found guilty. The UK does not extradite in these circumstances.

That's the bottom line, plus Jail conditions etc i would have thought.

& with regards to evidence, i was led to believe the evidence was a Girl that saw the back of him running from the scene..

No Murder Weapon found or anything like that ??

I doubt he will be extradited as he faces the death penalty if found guilty. The UK does not extradite in these circumstances.

That's the bottom line, plus Jail conditions etc i would have thought.

& with regards to evidence, i was led to believe the evidence was a Girl that saw the back of him running from the scene..

No Murder Weapon found or anything like that ??

Just the video evidence and the ID by the 7-11 employees that night is pretty damning. I assume that Aldhouse also left DNA evidence at the muder scene.

I don't think there's going to be a serious lack of evidence that Aldhouse actually committed the crime.

^No because murder was on thai soil, yanks have nowt to do with it.

As I said he will plead human rights issues and won't go anywhere. I hope I am wrong, but I know how soft things are in England.

True. Nevertheless, the US government could, if it chooses, take an active interest in the case and apply a little pressure on British and/or Thai authorities. It probably won't in this case as the victim was a regular citizen and not a person of significant influence.

Actually this might not be the case.

He was an active duty, US soldier, on R and R leave

for wounds suffered in action. ie. A war hero.

That changes it substantially from 'just a plain citizen'.

Edited by animatic

As I said he will plead human rights issues and won't go anywhere. I hope I am wrong, but I know how soft things are in England.

True. Nevertheless, the US government could, if it chooses, take an active interest in the case and apply a little pressure on British and/or Thai authorities. It probably won't in this case as the victim was a regular citizen and not a person of significant influence.

he was off duty and not acting in his capacity as a marine, next you will be suggesting it was a war crime or an act of war and that the US should invade the UK.

he got in a bar fight, he got murdered, very sad but that is the top and bottom of it, none of us know the facts, they will come out in court in the UK at an extradition hearing, chances are it will go down as manslaughter as there was also another knife found at the scene with blood on it that did not belong to the victim so chances are it was a knife fight as opposed to one with a knife and one unarmed.

he was off duty and not acting in his capacity as a marine, next you will be suggesting it was a war crime or an act of war and that the US should invade the UK.

he got in a bar fight, he got murdered, very sad but that is the top and bottom of it, none of us know the facts, they will come out in court in the UK at an extradition hearing, chances are it will go down as manslaughter as there was also another knife found at the scene with blood on it that did not belong to the victim so chances are it was a knife fight as opposed to one with a knife and one unarmed.

None of that erases his status as a wounded US serviceman on leave.

You are the only one suggesting it is a war crime or act of war.

He got in a bar fight, that happens, he didn't die in the bar fight.

LATER that night he was murdered, and that is something else,

even if the same individual Aldhouse is involved.

And again that doesn't change his status as far as the military is concerned.

They take care of their own, even when wrong, and he didn't do anything

but defend himself when accosted by Aldhouse when leaving the bathroom.

I hope you have given a statement to the Police given what you witnessed?

This comes from the earlier reports from police,

and witnesses of the bar incident.

Couple this to; no known records of the victim causing problems,

and many reports of Aldhouse causing similar problems.

Edited by animatic

Normally I don't have much sympathy for inmates in jails but in this case I pity anyone who has to be locked up with this nasty piece of shit if he is found guilty and is locked up in Thailand, :mellow:

No, No, once deprived of steroids, cocaine and yah bahh, you'll see little Lee getting his ass kicked in a Thai Jail.

I heard that all that stuff is available in Thai jails!?:blink:

Normally I don't have much sympathy for inmates in jails but in this case I pity anyone who has to be locked up with this nasty piece of shit if he is found guilty and is locked up in Thailand, :mellow:

No, No, once deprived of steroids, cocaine and yah bahh, you'll see little Lee getting his ass kicked in a Thai Jail.

I would imagine that, as a farang surrounded by Thais, he would better to maintain as low a profile as possible or likely wind up dead.

I dno he looks like he could easily become a top dog in jail.

all he will need to do is break some heads and cut some inmates up a bit and the job will be his.:annoyed:

Edited by newermonkey

so according the report, he has only just been arrest, and remanded in custody, i thought he was already in custody? ....

It is legally possible to arrest someone when they are already in custody.

Absolutely.

Aldhouse was being held in remand for violating his parole on a UK conviction for having an illegal firearm. That's why he was arrested upon arrival in the UK. That he ran from a British conviction involving guns will also further negate the likelihood for bail on a subsequent murder charge.

Additionally, as a multiple repeat offender of both British and Thai laws, the probability of his extradition to Thailand increases.

I would imagine that, as a farang surrounded by Thais, he would better to maintain as low a profile as possible or likely wind up dead.

all he will need to do is break some heads and cut some inmates up a bit and the job will be his.:annoyed:

tsk... tsk... they'll eat him up alive for lunch along with their som tam...

Do you really think these guys:

39378903afpthaiprisoner.jpg

Thai prisoners (coincidentally on the BBC)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/photo_gallery/3135461.stm

are going to be the least bit impressed by this punk?

phuket-1-wGjArvy.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.u...ery/3135461.stm

phuket-1-wGjArvy.jpg

Oh :o I see what your talking about :wacko::whistling:

But have you seen this from Youtube...

:crying:

Edited by newermonkey

None of that erases his status as a wounded US serviceman on leave.

You are the only one suggesting it is a war crime or act of war.

He got in a bar fight, that happens, he didn't die in the bar fight.

LATER that night he was murdered, and that is something else,

even if the same individual Aldhouse is involved.

And again that doesn't change his status as far as the military is concerned.

You are suggesting that because he was a serviceman the accused should be tried in the US, why? His position has nothing to do with it, especially considering he was not acting in his capacity at the time of the murder/manslaughter. Unless you have proof that he was murdered? surely that is for the courts to decide as to whether it was murder or not.

Americans do not make the rules my friend, as much as you wish they did.

so according the report, he has only just been arrest, and remanded in custody, i thought he was already in custody? ....

It is legally possible to arrest someone when they are already in custody.

Absolutely.

Aldhouse was being held in remand for violating his parole on a UK conviction for having an illegal firearm. That's why he was arrested upon arrival in the UK. That he ran from a British conviction involving guns will also further negate the likelihood for bail on a subsequent murder charge.

Additionally, as a multiple repeat offender of both British and Thai laws, the probability of his extradition to Thailand increases.

Can you please enlighten us with these multiple offences he has committed in both the UK and Thailand?

phuket-1-wGjArvy.jpg

No, I hadn't, but I think there won't be any problem finding dozens and dozens amongst the 8,000 inmates at maximum security Bang Kwang prison that can put his skills to the test far more so than the game, but untalented, fighter did... who I do note that despite his undeveloped and rather meager abilities still managed to solidly deck Aldhouse twice down to the canvas. One also has to consider he was beaten up by a disabled American marine, which prompted his murder.

Not to mention that in prison, they tend to not follow proper muay thai protocols or bother with such impediments to giving him a good education as boxing gloves.

Anyway, it's hopeless in his situation to come out as a top dog, he'd just simply be killed before that ever came close to happening, so he might as well just vent his experiences along with the other foreigners that are Bang Kwang bloggers, like Scott:

The consequences of the conditions in Bangkwang mean that there are many prisoners suffering from illness and disease. TB and HIV are rife. The most common illnesses/diseases are skin and fungal infections, heatstroke, dehydration, bedbugs, lice, diarrhoea, scabies, dysentry, typhoid fever, hepatitis A, B & C, malaria, cholera and diptheria.

http://scottsbangkwangtime.net/5.html

or Gary:

Shackles are a fixed feature of Thai prison life. They don't just get worn when we leave our cells in the morning and then removed in the early afternoon when we return to them. Shackles are a 24/7 condition for almost all inmates, ranging from a minimum of 3 months up to the record for the Hilton which stands at over 19 years.

http://garygraemejones.blogspot.com/

Yes, Lee will be well taken care of. I await his opening dialog on

ww.PleaseHelpBecauseTheyBeatMeUpDaily.aldhouse.blog.

Edited by Buchholz

Disabled marine :rolleyes:

How was he disabled, he was able to get around and move freely, but he was disabled :whistling:

edit to add that as yet we do not know it is murder, lets have a trial first and hear all the facts.

Edited by random

Disabled marine :rolleyes:

How was he disabled, he was able to get around and move freely, but he was disabled :whistling:

edit to add that as yet we do not know it is murder, lets have a trial first and hear all the facts.

Why are you trying to defend such an obvious low-life, friend of the scumbag?

Not just murder- premeditated murder!

I am not defending him here, but he is innocent until declared guilty by his peers.

No-one knows the full facts on here, that will happen at any court hearing in a calm controlled manner where properly accumulated evidence will be submitted and a proper defense allowed.

So let the armchair warriors go back to spluttering in their Leo's and let justice take it's course.

lol...Ya think those Thai hardasses in prison are going to observe the Queensbury rules ? In any event, once they find out his hobby was muay thai, he should have an unlimited supply of fresh opponents.

Actually it is very possible. The victim was a US citizen which will give the US Courts jurisdiction.

I am not defending him here, but he is innocent until declared guilty by his peers.

No-one knows the full facts on here, that will happen at any court hearing in a calm controlled manner where properly accumulated evidence will be submitted and a proper defense allowed.

So let the armchair warriors go back to spluttering in their Leo's and let justice take it's course.

Well...I am just glad the guy is off the streets for now. Unless the Thai Govt takes enough interest to do their due diligence, then I think Aldhouse ultimately walks on this charge. I kind of doubt they will and would probably prefer to let it die on the vine. If I were the US, I would have offerred them any forensics expertise needed to put together a clean case.

If the media accounts presented so far are remotely accurate, then I don't think his guilt is in question so his best defense is a shoddy extradition effort. Even had he been apprehended in Thailand, convicted and sentenced, I believe he would have gotten life whereupon, after about 10 years or less, he would be released and deported if still alive.

Actually it is very possible. The victim was a US citizen which will give the US Courts jurisdiction.

No it doesn't. There has to be an actual link to the US ie: was the alleged murder concocted in the US. No. US has no jurisdiction in this case.

No it doesn't. There has to be an actual link to the US ie: was the alleged murder concocted in the US. No. US has no jurisdiction in this case.

You sure about that? Presumably you've studied Public International Law at a university level then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterritorial_jurisdiction

You sure about that? Presumably you've studied Public International Law at a university level then?

http://en.wikipedia....al_jurisdiction

Well I can only be as sure as I can be. I have instructed barristers in over 20 murder trials and hundreds of 'lesser' trials. Though I do admit I've only ever had personal direct dealings with interpol on one matter so I don't have much 'international law' experience. So I can't lay claim to being any kind of authority on such cases but I do have general experience on such matters.

If he was charged with pedophelia on such child related crimes he could be charged in his own country for such things but with murder, in my experience, it has to be a direct link of either the crime being perpetrated in the US or there must be an origin (organised) in the US. The victim's nationality has nothing to do with it.

We currently have a case here in Australia where a US citizen on honeymoon with his US wife was convicted of manslaughter of his wife here. When he gets out he will be extradited to the US (Alabama) to face murder charges (only after they removed the death penalty from the table). Funny thing is that we charged him with murder here but he pleaded guilty to manslaughter and we accepted the plea and dropped the murder as there wasn't enough evidence. The US didn't like that and he will be tried over there. However, the only reason they can do that is by proving there was a direct link with the US re the murder. They are relying on the fact he took out an extra life insurance policy on her just before they came here. A long bow to draw but if they have other evidence that can link him to pre meditating the crime whilst in the US then he will be in strife. I anticipate quite a bit of legal argument over there on this.

In any event, that was the only reason we allowed the extradition. If the US couldn't show us the link he wouldn't have been extradited. Kind of a double jeapordy.

But that's just my 2 cents worth.

phuket-1-wGjArvy.jpg

No, I hadn't, but I think there won't be any problem finding dozens and dozens amongst the 8,000 inmates at maximum security Bang Kwang prison that can put his skills to the test far more so than the game, but untalented, fighter did... who I do note that despite his undeveloped and rather meager abilities still managed to solidly deck Aldhouse twice down to the canvas. One also has to consider he was beaten up by a disabled American marine, which prompted his murder.

Not to mention that in prison, they tend to not follow proper muay thai protocols or bother with such impediments to giving him a good education as boxing gloves.

Anyway, it's hopeless in his situation to come out as a top dog, he'd just simply be killed before that ever came close to happening, so he might as well just vent his experiences along with the other foreigners that are Bang Kwang bloggers, like Scott:

The consequences of the conditions in Bangkwang mean that there are many prisoners suffering from illness and disease. TB and HIV are rife. The most common illnesses/diseases are skin and fungal infections, heatstroke, dehydration, bedbugs, lice, diarrhoea, scabies, dysentry, typhoid fever, hepatitis A, B & C, malaria, cholera and diptheria.

http://scottsbangkwangtime.net/5.html

or Gary:

Shackles are a fixed feature of Thai prison life. They don't just get worn when we leave our cells in the morning and then removed in the early afternoon when we return to them. Shackles are a 24/7 condition for almost all inmates, ranging from a minimum of 3 months up to the record for the Hilton which stands at over 19 years.

http://garygraemejones.blogspot.com/

Yes, Lee will be well taken care of. I await his opening dialog on

ww.PleaseHelpBecauseTheyBeatMeUpDaily.aldhouse.blog.

if they spa together in friendly muay thai training/bouts, it will be a one on one face to face situation :jap:

if he upsets the wrong thai man, he will not even see his attacker attack him. his attacker will not be alone and will almost definately use a weapon :ph34r:

aldridge wont stand a chance or even realise hes being attacked until its too late :o

i imagine aldridge will be extremely humble in a thai prison (a creep) and may even get good friends due to his muay thai interests :jap:

anyway thats even if he gets extradited .... we shall see.

Dashawn Longfellow was discharged from active duty haveing served his entire enlistment dispte being wounded in action. He probably was on inactive reserve at the time he was killed.

The UK is going to have some bad publicity if Aldhouse walks away from this. What that will say is that a UK citizen can kill somebody in just about any devloping country and if they can get back to the UK, they will never be punished for it.

TH

Dashawn Longfellow was discharged from active duty haveing served his entire enlistment dispte being wounded in action. He probably was on inactive reserve at the time he was killed.

The UK is going to have some bad publicity if Aldhouse walks away from this. What that will say is that a UK citizen can kill somebody in just about any devloping country and if they can get back to the UK, they will never be punished for it.

TH

The two countries, UK & Thailand, can keep this going for quite some time until they perceive it to be way off the radar, and then quietly let this guy go. The only media outlet in the US likely to followup would be Fox...due primarily to the decorated war veteran angle. They broadcast the original story in August. Other outlets would likely view any American in Thailand as a sex tourist or pedophile anyway and leave it alone. Given that Obamas White House appears to be obsessed with all things Fox, they might feel the need to get involved to cut some deal beneficial to all sides. I understand the UK wanting to appear to be protecting its citizen, but even they gotta feel that unloading this guy back on to Thailand is a better option than turning him loose on its own citizens.