Lee Aldhouse Held On Phuket Murder Count

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re the quote: based on the seriousness of the offence it is likely no bail will be granted

A clear example of the internet posting. Anyone can post anything. And you don't know whether it's from someone who has taken silk or is a candle stick maker.

It is not unusual for murder suspects to be bailed. In this case I would expect bail to be granted. The alledged offence was in a foreign country that the accused is not likely to be returning to. The accused is in the country of domicile and seeking the application of and protection of the UK judicial system. Why should they abscond and from what to where?

Moreover, extradition to Thailand? It'll never happen and please quote me any examples you have to hand.

Do you take candle stick orders by the way?

re the quote: based on the seriousness of the offence it is likely no bail will be granted

A clear example of the internet posting. Anyone can post anything. And you don't know whether it's from someone who has taken silk or is a candle stick maker.

It is not unusual for murder suspects to be bailed. In this case I would expect bail to be granted. The alledged offence was in a foreign country that the accused is not likely to be returning to. The accused is in the country of domicile and seeking the application of and protection of the UK judicial system. Why should they abscond and from what to where?

Moreover, extradition to Thailand? It'll never happen and please quote me any examples you have to hand.

Seems to me he broke his licence conditions, having been released from prison early for an illegal firearm offence.

So I highly doubt bail will be granted.

However, I'm no legal expert.

British sources familiar with the case told the Gazette that Aldhouse had fled the UK years before, after serving two years in a Birmingham jail for his part in an armed robbery. He served two years of a five-year sentence for illegal gun possession, the source said.

Phuket Gazette

Edited by bangkockney

Seems to me he broke his licence conditions, having been released from prison early for an illegal firearm offence.

So I highly doubt bail will be granted.

However, I'm no legal expert.

British sources familiar with the case told the Gazette that Aldhouse had fled the UK years before, after serving two years in a Birmingham jail for his part in an armed robbery. He served two years of a five-year sentence for illegal gun possession, the source said.

Phuket Gazette

There has just been a case in England where two juveniles found guilty of serious assault were spared a prison sentence. In the Judge's words it would serve no useful purpose!!.

The Hon K Clarke is busy formulating plans to empty our nicks.

The septics on this forum have forgotten that Tony 'Poodle' Blair is not running the show anymore and our extradition procedures are under review.

This toe-rag is English and will be tried under English Law. I doubt very much that the evidence presented by the Thai prosecutor will stand up, most of it has been written on the back of a fag packet!.

The UK of GB & NI will not be sending one of HM subjects back to Thailand, stop fanticising about muay thai training bouts in Big Tiger -<deleted>, its pish!

There has just been a case in England where two juveniles found guilty of serious assault were spared a prison sentence. In the Judge's words it would serve no useful purpose!!.

The septics on this forum have forgotten that Tony 'Poodle' Blair is not running the show anymore and our extradition procedures are under review.

This toe-rag is English and will be tried under English Law. I doubt very much that the evidence presented by the Thai prosecutor will stand up, most of it has been written on the back of a fag packet!.

The UK of GB & NI will not be sending one of HM subjects back to Thailand, stop fanticising about muay thai training bouts in Big Tiger -<deleted>, its pish!

Why is this directed at me, I'm not fantasising about anything! <deleted>!

Why is this directed at me, I'm not fantasising about anything! <deleted>!

Sorry mate, I was having a Leo moment!, it should just have been in the fast reply box!!

You guys keep getting the US involved never happen. Did they get involved when Grasshopper died under mysterious circumstance, no way. Even his family demands that the US FBI investigate fell on deaf ears.

Take a deep breath boys, as I said earlier it has to be drugs,jihadist, or a very important person which the victim was not. They will let Thailand take care of their little problem. This has never made the front page in the US and I don't think it ever made the front section of a newspaper.

You sure about that? Presumably you've studied Public International Law at a university level then?

http://en.wikipedia....al_jurisdiction

Well I can only be as sure as I can be. I have instructed barristers in over 20 murder trials and hundreds of 'lesser' trials. Though I do admit I've only ever had personal direct dealings with interpol on one matter so I don't have much 'international law' experience. So I can't lay claim to being any kind of authority on such cases but I do have general experience on such matters.

If he was charged with pedophelia on such child related crimes he could be charged in his own country for such things but with murder, in my experience, it has to be a direct link of either the crime being perpetrated in the US or there must be an origin (organised) in the US. The victim's nationality has nothing to do with it.

We currently have a case here in Australia where a US citizen on honeymoon with his US wife was convicted of manslaughter of his wife here. When he gets out he will be extradited to the US (Alabama) to face murder charges (only after they removed the death penalty from the table). Funny thing is that we charged him with murder here but he pleaded guilty to manslaughter and we accepted the plea and dropped the murder as there wasn't enough evidence. The US didn't like that and he will be tried over there. However, the only reason they can do that is by proving there was a direct link with the US re the murder. They are relying on the fact he took out an extra life insurance policy on her just before they came here. A long bow to draw but if they have other evidence that can link him to pre meditating the crime whilst in the US then he will be in strife. I anticipate quite a bit of legal argument over there on this.

In any event, that was the only reason we allowed the extradition. If the US couldn't show us the link he wouldn't have been extradited. Kind of a double jeapordy.

But that's just my 2 cents worth.

OK, fair enough.

There is a doctrine in public international law, known as the passive personality principle. Excerpt from wikipedia:

<li>The passive personality principle is an interesting offshoot of the nationality principle. It looks to the nationality of the victim to determine jurisdiction, holding that a state may assert jurisdiction over persons and events outside a state's territory on the basis that its citizen has been harmed. In the case of United States v. Roberts, 1 F.Supp. 2d 601 (E.D. La. 1998), which had an unusual set of facts, the victim of a crime of sexual abuse of a minor (who was a U.S. citizen) had a case tried against her aggressor who was a citizen of the Caribbean island of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. The crime took place on international waters on board a ship registered in Liberia and owned by a company incorporated in the Republic of Panama. None of the regular methods of jurisdiction, forum non conveniens, or comity would have worked. Id. The defendant was indicted by a federal grand jury in the Eastern District of Louisiana and the defendant's motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction was denied by the federal district court, which found jurisdiction under the passive personality principle.

There are other cases, most involve murder, a significant part of those involve terrorism. Note, however that the US has always maintained jurisdiction over members of its military - whether that would extend to this case I am not sure.

The doctrine is not without controversy, however it does exist, and could possibly be used by a court in the US exercising jurisdiction over the alleged murderer in this case.

Ok so lets say he doesnt get extradited to thailand(which i really hope he does) what happens then, does he just walk free as if nothing has happened?

Accoring to reports his girlfriend is co operating with the thai police and with an eye witness or 2 if you include the other guys girlfriend/wife its gonna be pretty hard to wriggle out of...

Burn him!!!