Marlboro Red Cigarette Packs Tainted?

PlanetX

Reminds me of the good old days. In the 70's Marlboro Reds were laced with marijuana and the tobacco company admitted it grew wild withe the tobacco and they had a tough time keeping it out. I would fine on an average of two cigs per carton were laced. When I letup other smokers would comment. Don't bogart that joint my friend.:lol:

If that is what they actually claimed that's BS of the highest order to cover an intentional illegal lacing. Tobacco leaves are hand picked and sorted, the leaves look nothing like marijuana so only an idiot would confuse them or intentionally do so..

As for the OP yes you should have gone straight to the hospital as it may have been completely unrelated to the cigs and had more to do with your heart or a possible ischemic stroke only a mere coincidence of timing and it would have been nice to distinguish and verify that before you have a full blown event.

Sounds like nothing to do with the cigs, I suggest a move to the health forum for those that may offer some help on the symptoms.

Had you eaten that day? Had you been drinking? I suggest a health check.

Yes, my point exactly...

You know the old women that walks around pat pong selling cigs and chewing gum, the one who keeps pinching guys nipples! :unsure:

some of you will know her anyway.

me and a mate bought a pack of cigs off her one night a couple of years ago. and when we were halfway through the first one we noticed that the butt had like a bright yellow dot in the middle of it. we dont know what it was but it put us off and we went to the 7-eleven to buy a real pack. never had a problem with the cigs from 7 so maybe it is you the OP who has a problem and I would go see a doctor about it just to play safe.

:)

it's just your health, you're close to the breaking point and fortunately for us, you are in thailand with no social help from the government when you are dying of lung cancer, so no extra taxing for us while you decompose in your bed, only your own money.. or you'll be left on a chair in the middle of nowhere

This happens to me everytime I have a cigarette, but not so severe. I know exactly what you are talking about OP. This is why I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes a year. For me, I think it has to do with the nicotine giving me a rush. I know most smokers say they are chasing the rush they got from their first cigarette, so I may be that since I only smoke once or twice a year, it is like a "first" cigarette for me everytime.

Edited by floridaguy

Marlboro cigarettes in Thailand are imported by Philip Morris, Philippines.

I used to work for BAT (British American Tobacco) in Australia & assuming that a multinational in another country has the same high standards as BAT did (in Australia), I find it hard to believe that the cigarettes were your problem.

It's more likely your health. A good friend of mine quit smoking many years ago. When I asked him why, he told me a story similar to yours. He went to his doctor & the doctor said, "Quit now, while you still have some hope."

He did 'quit' & has never had another episode of;

a] heart palpitations.

b] dizziness.

c] breathlessness.

BTW, I am a smoker.

As a point of interest, there are no 'additives' in cigarettes that are made by a reputable company. The only additive is water in the form of steam.

No, I am not a 'shareholder' in any tobacco related enterprise.

Well there's an oxymoron if ever I heard one.

And by the way OP, Marlboro Red are the very worst for your health although the others come in a close second.

I used to have the exact same symptoms you describe until I stopped trying to off myself with nicotine.

Read Alan Carr's book 'The Easy Way To Stop Smoking'. He explains why stopping is not hard, it's a myth. Stop kidding yourself re 'additives' and 'addiction'.

This happens to me everytime I have a cigarette, but not so severe. I know exactly what you are talking about OP. This is why I only smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes a year. For me, I think it has to do with the nicotine giving me a rush. I know most smokers say they are chasing the rush they got from their first cigarette, so I may be that since I only smoke once or twice a year, it is like a "first" cigarette for me everytime.

No it didn't give you a 'rush'. It made you dizzy and sick. You had to learn to like it. Usually peer pressure. Now you're first line of coke, that's a rush :lol:

I will get checked out - I kept the half of the cigarette so I will get that checked out as well

From the above info, he/she infers that he/she will seek medical advice.

Already has received mediacal advice and chose to ignore it:

"I weighed the health risks/ enjoyment of the cigarettes and made my choice"

Reminds me of the good old days. In the 70's Marlboro Reds were laced with marijuana and the tobacco company admitted it grew wild withe the tobacco and they had a tough time keeping it out. I would fine on an average of two cigs per carton were laced. When I letup other smokers would comment. Don't bogart that joint my friend.:lol:

Do you actually beleive this?

You are simply recounting an established urban myth regarding the brand Lucky Strike and how it got it's name. Take a spin around the web and feel foolish.

You believed the legend so whole heartedly you created a personal myth around it.

I would avoid hypnotists and charlatans. You are way to suggestible.

OP, sounds like you had some sort of spasm or athsma attack. I'd see it as an omen if I myself were intelligent enough to quit.

OK in your eys I'm a liar.:whistling: Back in those days it was more like three to four packs a day Marlboro Reds and I do not now what I'm smoking about:o Took a stroke in 2005. .People like you need to crawl back in their caves.:P

Edited by gotlost

Do you actually beleive this?

You are simply recounting an established urban myth regarding the brand Lucky Strike and how it got it's name. Take a spin around the web and feel foolish.

You believed the legend so whole heartedly you created a personal myth around it.

I would avoid hypnotists and charlatans. You are way to suggestible.

OP, sounds like you had some sort of spasm or athsma attack. I'd see it as an omen if I myself were intelligent enough to quit.

OK in your eys I'm a liar.:whistling: Back in those days it was more like three to four packs a day Marlboro Reds and I do not now what I'm smoking about:o Took a stroke in 2005. .People like you need to crawl back in their caves.:P

faith, aint it grand?

i didn't call you a liar. much worse, i said you are delusional.

hold on to that dream.

SMOKING WILL KILL You its written on the packet and you still light up :blink:

what do you expect every pack is tainted not just the one you bought

DK

ummm - yes, I weighed the health risks/ enjoyment of the cigarettes and made my choice

I do not currently know the ratio of packs that have similar affects so I have posted this to see if others have had any similar experiences

It is a sign for you to quit. From GOD.

lol

Quite simply

Correlation does not imply causation. (eschew obfuscation)

You had some form of disorientation. It happened when you smoked a cigarette. It does not mean the cigarette caused it. You should see a Dr.

If I were to give well meaning medical advice I would have a PET scan done at the least as well as an EEG and EKG.

You beat me to it there,the symptoms the OP was referring to,are also partly what happens during a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) or commonly referred to as a Mini Stroke. Definately a check at the Doctors is needed!

If only for peace of mind.

Edited by MAJIC

SMOKING WILL KILL You its written on the packet and you still light up :blink:

what do you expect every pack is tainted not just the one you bought

Pull your head in. As someone else pointed out, there's probably 1:10 ratio of useful / useless replies on here nowadays.

Did you consider getting the rest of the pack checked out... Chemistry dept' of local uni? Could also have been mould in there or some weird chemical or just your body telling you to give up.

Incidentally, op, you realise you posted this on 20/10/2010 @ 22:20? Something in that or just being pithy?

Edited by jackr