Best Meeting Point At Suvarnabhumi

gregb

My mother is arriving from the states next week, and I need to tell her where I will meet her outside of customs. She is not exactly a world traveller and will almost certainly panic if she can't find me.

Seems everytime I go to that abomination in the swamp they have closed a different set of gates and made it more difficult to find the people who are arriving.

Can anyone who has been through there recently tell me where is the best place to watch for someone exiting from customs? Is there a single place I can stand where I can be guaranteed to see everyone that comes through?

Thanks for any advice.

Tell her to just keep following the crowd. On exiting the Customs area, turn right and walk along, don't take any exits, ignore anyone offering a hotel or taxi.

Keep going STRAIGHT along, passing the AIS & DTAC cell phone booths, which are on the left, and straight on ahead to where there's normally hotel and travel agents showing signs of people's names they're meeting. Keep going a bit further.

Straight on, and slightly to the right forward, there's a large overhead sign reading MEETING POINT, this is the place to meet.

For you, after parking there in the first lot, look for EXIT 3 on the 2nd floor, ARRIVALS, which is where the MEETING POINT is located.

Mac

The Meeting Point is still in the same place as always (inside door 3), meet there it's well signposted from the exit from customs.

Just get mom to turn right as she comes out and walk straight (inside the terminal) she can't miss it.

IIRC you can wait about halfway down the terminal and watch all the arrivals heading for the exit, you may be able to catch her before she gets to the meeting point.

The Meeting Point is still in the same place as always (inside door 3), meet there it's well signposted from the exit from customs.

Just get mom to turn right as she comes out and walk straight (inside the terminal) she can't miss it.

IIRC you can wait about halfway down the terminal and watch all the arrivals heading for the exit, you may be able to catch her before she gets to the meeting point.

If you stand at the Meeting point, there are 2 sets of monitors where you can watch passengers as they walk out of the passenger area.