Airasia-Buying A Ticket

qualtrough

I spent the better part of one hour last night trying to purchase 4 tickets Singapore-BKK on the AirAsia web site. Couldn't do it because after entering details for 4 people and clicking the Chose Your Seat button it would erase all the data, and there was no returning to your previous page. Tried it with clicking the button for not reserving a seat, same result. Since they are still in business I am sure that their are those who were able to purchase their tickets through the site, and would appreciate any advice on what I might have done wrong or what I can do to get around any pitfalls. Also, is it possible to purchase those through a travel agent, or directly at the airport?

P.S. After creating this post, I tried again on my work computer. Same result. I can enter all four 'guests', but when I click the seat button I end up at the same place, and if I click the Back button on the browser I lose everything.

Edited by qualtrough

Airasia gives me trouble also. They seem to need a bit of work upgrading their system.

I was going to suggest trying Jetstarasia as they are sometimes cheaper for Bkk-Sin

but all I am getting is error messages. Must be busy or full up maybe?

Ok I tried a few dates Nov-Dec'10

Jan'11 works ok. bkk-sin-bkk 5-8Jan'11 is Jetstar 5760thb rtn / Airasia 6290thb rtn

bkk-kul-bkk 4355thb airasia

kul-sin-kul 128myr (128MYR=1126THB)

Total= 5481thb :whistling:

Edited by LindsayBKK

Try booking in blocks of 2 passengers per time.

ie if u finish one successful booking, immediately do another one.

When u do the first booking u will be able to see how many seats are still avbl for that particular flight, and if u wish to continue. If there are plenty of seats avbl still, no reason the second booking won't go thru.

Maybe there are not 4 seats left on your intended flight???

If its Chinese New Year for instance (around Feb3) all the flights are full months in advance.

You could also try the Air Asia mobile site

Edited by knocka

Why not continuing your booking by bypassing the "seat" button....

exactly !

you can always later ADD those Extras such as seat-selection, Luggage-allowance, meals a.s.o.

so, for example, if I book a Super-promo-fare (as I did earlier this year, 1.100 baht to Bali, one-way), I only book the ticket and nothing else. because who knows what will be in 9 months when the actualy flight-date is. so I add those Extras just a few days before my flight, when I am sure I can actually MAKE it. In case of canceling the flight or letting it go, they will only refund the Airport-Taxes, but not those additional things

He's tried that siam with the same result.

did he ?

but he did not document that in his Post.

from what he writes in his Post, he tried to make the seat reservation while booking the actual ticket.

not booking the ticket without seat-reservation and then, maybe the next day, access his booking and make a separate seat-assignment-reservation, as I recommended

He's tried that siam with the same result.

did he ?

but he did not document that in his Post.

from what he writes in his Post, he tried to make the seat reservation while booking the actual ticket.

not booking the ticket without seat-reservation and then, maybe the next day, access his booking and make a separate seat-assignment-reservation, as I recommended

From my original post: Couldn't do it because after entering details for 4 people and clicking the Chose Your Seat button it would erase all the data, and there was no returning to your previous page. Tried it with clicking the button for not reserving a seat, same result.

Thanks to everyone who tried to pitch in. I tried again several times but I still couldn't get it to work. The design and function is pretty messed up. You are prompted to enter your state i you list your passport as US, but there is no state list and no way to type it in, and red pop-ups appear saying you made a mistake constantly even when that isn't the case. Lots of other irritating issues but I didn't take notes! And while I was struggling with all that I get a message telling me to finish in 9 minutes or poof! That is a pretty tall order when you are entering names, birth dates, passport details, phone numbers, address, etc. for 4 people. I am pretty experienced with buying and reserving things over the web, so I can only imagine how someone with less experience might feel. This did not create a good first impression and I finally threw in the towel and bought a ticket on Cathay for about 5,000 Baht more, which I think was money well spent.

Let me take the honours of why u cannot buy the ticket online thru airasia. U said u are from the US as with me, I am also from the US and spent radically too much time trying to buy tics from AA online. After numerous phone calls to AA, and their numerous BS excuses, and me calling Bank of America in the US to see where the problems were as was indicated by AA, I was finally informed that AA does not except a purchase from an American credit or bank card! I was told that because of the newer and stringent fraud controls and safety measures placed on US cards, that AA both wont and cannot except them, I got that info from AA's management on one of many phone calls, complete IDIOTS! I had to make my reservations, without problem, with both Jetstar and Tiger, both online purchases, so why cant AA do the same, IDIOTS! They are loosing business in a big way and frustrating customers to go elsewhere and bad mouth them, the worst form of advertisment. And to add injury to insult, if you call and make reservations either over the phone or at the counter, you are then charged full non-promotion price, IDIOTS! I hope this anwers yours and the many others who cannot purchase tics online from AA, cus AA are complete non-computer literate, third world airline IDIOTS!

Thanks to everyone who tried to pitch in. I tried again several times but I still couldn't get it to work. The design and function is pretty messed up. You are prompted to enter your state i you list your passport as US, but there is no state list and no way to type it in, and red pop-ups appear saying you made a mistake constantly even when that isn't the case. Lots of other irritating issues but I didn't take notes! And while I was struggling with all that I get a message telling me to finish in 9 minutes or poof! That is a pretty tall order when you are entering names, birth dates, passport details, phone numbers, address, etc. for 4 people. I am pretty experienced with buying and reserving things over the web, so I can only imagine how someone with less experience might feel. This did not create a good first impression and I finally threw in the towel and bought a ticket on Cathay for about 5,000 Baht more, which I think was money well spent.

Edited by torin

Let me take the honours of why u cannot buy the ticket online thru airasia. U said u are from the US as with me, I am also from the US and spent radically too much time trying to buy tics from AA online. After numerous phone calls to AA, and their numerous BS excuses, and me calling Bank of America in the US to see where the problems were as was indicated by AA, I was finally informed that AA does not except a purchase from an American credit or bank card! I was told that because of the newer and stringent fraud controls and safety measures placed on US cards, that AA both won't and cannot except them, I got that info from AA's management on one of many phone calls, after being placed on their merry-go-round multi-times, complete IDIOTS! AA's crafty way of taking care of this issue is by disabling the pull-down menu for "States", hence incomplete information, thus not matching with ones' account, hence denied! I had to make my reservations, without problem, with both Jetstar and Tiger, both online purchases, so why cant AA do the same, IDIOTS! They are loosing business in a big way and frustrating customers to go elsewhere and bad mouth them, the worst form of advertisment. And to add injury to insult, if you call and make reservations either over the phone or at the counter, you are then charged full non-promotion price, IDIOTS! I hope this anwers yours and the many others who cannot purchase tics online from AA, cus AA are complete non-computer literate, third world airline IDIOTS!

Edited by torin

AA are complete non-computer literate, third world airline IDIOTS!

So you wouldn't recommend them then? :annoyed:

I don't doubt what you are saying for one moment but friends of mine from the UK and France recently booked flights on AA using their home country credit and encountered no problems, given the problems you and other American card holders seem to have encountered it seems they only have problems with American cards - seems a very strange way to run an airline.

Odd that they should choose to not accept American cards - however, that is their business decision.

My personal experience has been 100% favourable (over 12 flights booked) and I would not hesitate in using them again.

No frills, budget airline - pick off their offers and you get good value. Try and deal with their call centre - nightmare. Avoid making any online booking errors !

Let me take the honours of why u cannot buy the ticket online thru airasia. U said u are from the US as with me, I am also from the US and spent radically too much time trying to buy tics from AA online. After numerous phone calls to AA, and their numerous BS excuses, and me calling Bank of America in the US to see where the problems were as was indicated by AA, I was finally informed that AA does not except a purchase from an American credit or bank card! I was told that because of the newer and stringent fraud controls and safety measures placed on US cards, that AA both wont and cannot except them, I got that info from AA's management on one of many phone calls, complete IDIOTS! I had to make my reservations, without problem, with both Jetstar and Tiger, both online purchases, so why cant AA do the same, IDIOTS! They are loosing business in a big way and frustrating customers to go elsewhere and bad mouth them, the worst form of advertisment. And to add injury to insult, if you call and make reservations either over the phone or at the counter, you are then charged full non-promotion price, IDIOTS! I hope this anwers yours and the many others who cannot purchase tics online from AA, cus AA are complete non-computer literate, third world airline IDIOTS!

We can't deal with your poor temperament, but we can tell you that you are quite wrong in your assertion that US cards aren't accepted by Air Asia.

FlyerTalk

There are definitely some bugs on the website, but your expression of rage shows you to be more primitive that anyone whom I have seen representing the airline.

With patience you can overcome most problems....or you can just pay 5000 baht more and rant instead.

Not just strange, its stupid, idiotic and incompetent! Yes, it is only, I repeat, only for those who hold US cards. Again, this was verified by AA's management when I climb the "I want to speak with the manager in charge" ladder. And thereafter verified by Bank of America when I poised the question about AA acceptance of US cards. Again, computer illiterate, backwards business model of a third world airlines effort to becoming a legitimate and reliable aircarrier, complete IDIOTS! I can only hope that one of their corporates or marketing managers reads this op-ed forum and takes the appropriate action to fix it, just have to hope that the planes are not also handled by the same incompetants that operate their IT system.

I don't doubt what you are saying for one moment but friends of mine from the UK and France recently booked flights on AA using their home country credit and encountered no problems, given the problems you and other American card holders seem to have encountered it seems they only have problems with American cards - seems a very strange way to run an airline.

Not just strange, its stupid, idiotic and incompetent! Yes, it is only, I repeat, only for those who hold US cards. Again, this was verified by AA's management when I climb the "I want to speak with the manager in charge" ladder. And thereafter verified by Bank of America when I poised the question about AA acceptance of US cards. Again, computer illiterate, backwards business model of a third world airlines effort to becoming a legitimate and reliable aircarrier, complete IDIOTS! I can only hope that one of their corporates or marketing managers reads this op-ed forum and takes the appropriate action to fix it, just have to hope that the planes are not also handled by the same incompetants that operate their IT system.

Perhaps they just didn't want your business. I wouldn't want a customer prone to such outbursts travelling on my aeroplane.

Clearly people with US cards are able to book, as documented withing the link provided.

Odd that they should choose to not accept American cards - however, that is their business decision.

My personal experience has been 100% favourable (over 12 flights booked) and I would not hesitate in using them again.

No frills, budget airline - pick off their offers and you get good value. Try and deal with their call centre - nightmare. Avoid making any online booking errors !

I've never had problems with their call centre, quite the opposite.

Torin, unless this is a very recent development, you are only partially correct. They have rejected one of my Visa cards but as recently as Sept 2010 they accepted my Capital One Visa card on their website.

So in this case, partially right = totally wrong.

Well, what do you expect from computer illiterate, third world Idiots?1?

How to win friends and influence people. :angry:

In order to make seat selection at time of booking, after entering passenger details I then clicked on each passenger name on left of booking page and then selected seat. Worked for me.

Edited by Arandora