Help In Phuket

malamala

I would like to ask you, Phuket savvies, for help.

For couple of weeks I have been trying to find out if Tigerline ferry

www.tigerlinetravel.com/index.php…

runs directly from Phuket to Ko Kradan, as listed on their web site

route so called Koh Phangan -> All Islands in Andaman Sea , departing Phuket at 7:30 am, arriving to Ko Kradan at 11:00 am.

I have sent them e-mail, asked TAT, asked travel agents, have received no reply from anyone.

At this point I am lost as what to do, it is putting my reservations on hold as I can not confirm exact dates due to the transport question.

Would you know of a good soul who would not mind calling Tigerline and asking them for me?

any advice is very appreciated.

Exactly. When you book with them, you will get to Koh Kradan all right, but they will arrange transport by van to Had Yao in Trang, where you will be put on a boat to Koh Kradan.

Alternatively, you might book a van (or just take the public bus) from Phuket to Trang, and arrange transport to Koh Kradan the same day at one of the many travel agencies there.

I understand that Tiger Line is still working on their new schedule and price list. They are slow and unreliable. From Phuket, take a ferry from Rassada Pier (Phuket Town) 08:00-08:30 to Koh Lanta (Saladan) via Phi Phi (Andaman Wave Travel) or via Krabi (Ao Nang/Railey) (Ao Nang Travel & Tour). Both companies have desks at Rassada. If you go via Krabi, there is usually no need to change boat, which is nice if you have a lot of luggage. If you go via Phi Phi, you usually have to get on a new ferry at Tonsai Pier (Phi Phi), usually operated by Petpailin Co.,Ltd.

The ferries get to Koh Lanta (Saladan) around 12:30, in time for a speed boat at 13:00 (Satun Pakbara Speed Boat Club). Take this speedboat to Koh Mook (60 min). Get off and hire a longtail boat to take you to Koh Kradan. It's not very far from Koh Mook and will cost about THB 600 (private charter). Good Luck !

so there is a hope .... not to travel overland?

Thank you, do I need to reserve any seats on this proposed journey or just show up pay the transfer fee and go?

Well, most ferries and speedboats don't seem to care how many people they put on the boat, so you can probably just buy the tickets at the pier. At Rassada, be there at 07:30-08:00.

By the looks of it, Satun Pakabar Speed Boat Club may even have a speedboat from Rassada all the way to Koh Mook via Koh Lanta. Check this: http://www.tarutaolipeisland.com/