Live Streaming Of Ashes Cricket - Recommendations?

Mobi

I am a bit of a cricket buff and would love to watch the forthcoming Ashes cricket series between Oz and us Poms.

A while back it used to be shown on UBC on a "pay per View" basis, but alas those days are far gone and all True Vision seem to care about is wall to wall football and Aerobics - Oz style, to titillate the horny old Thai men. :D

I am quite prepared to pay for a good service, but my past experiences with live streaming have been dodgy to say the least. I've never had enough band width to provide a steady picture.

Recently I had a new cable broadband service installed which is supposed to be 10mpbs. However I get about 5-7 Mpbs when tested with a Bangkok server, but not even 1 mpbs when tested with Singapore or further afield, like New York or Sydney.

Anyone know the minimum bandwidth to provide a steady live stream?

and of course, can anyone recommend a tried and tested website for this? (The live streaming, not the speed test)

Thank you kindly. :)

M

Edited by Mobi

Jsat.tv are advertising a STB for 7500 Baht which they claim will

get all of the cricket from around the world.

If you're not in Bkk, you will need to order the box from them

and then arrange your own dish and installation.

Subscritptions are 400 per month.

Regards

Will

Jsat.tv are advertising a STB for 7500 Baht which they claim will

get all of the cricket from around the world.

If you're not in Bkk, you will need to order the box from them

and then arrange your own dish and installation.

Subscritptions are 400 per month.

Regards

Will

I live in Buriram. Will it work here? Would it be possible to provide more contact details?

Anyone know the minimum bandwidth to provide a steady live stream?

and of course, can anyone recommend a tried and tested website for this? (The live streaming, not the speed test)

MyP2P

512K is the bare minimum.

The actual bandwidth requirement depends on the quality of the stream.

The Ashes from Australia live will be shown on Astro. I believe it is a Malaysian feed. This is available in Thailand and it is a Pay Per View of about 1000 Baht for the series. I believe that if you have the standard satellite dish (UBC or the large 4ft diameter one) then you will be able to receive it. Not sure yet what decoder you need and how much. I will endeavour to find out this afternoon from Big Kiang in Hua Hin who supplied me with everything so far.

I suspect it is just an additional payment ontop of your UBC. I shall fill you in when I have all the info. I suspect that one will have to pay for a basic package as well before you can have the PPV.

The Ashes from Australia live will be shown on Astro. I believe it is a Malaysian feed. This is available in Thailand and it is a Pay Per View of about 1000 Baht for the series. I believe that if you have the standard satellite dish (UBC or the large 4ft diameter one) then you will be able to receive it. Not sure yet what decoder you need and how much. I will endeavour to find out this afternoon from Big Kiang in Hua Hin who supplied me with everything so far.

I suspect it is just an additional payment ontop of your UBC. I shall fill you in when I have all the info. I suspect that one will have to pay for a basic package as well before you can have the PPV.

Thanks for that I would be interested in more details. However I can't imagine that you can pick up Astra from a True Visions dish. I doubt it is pointed in the right direction.

I used to have one of those large dishes that recieved the South African link but have since moved and have lost that dish. I would think you need a new dish pointing towards the Astra satellite.

Of course I would be interested in any satellite or cable links that will show the cricket, but what I was really asking about was internet streaming, through something like MyP2P mentioned by SuperNova. There are plenty of such sites around, most of them requiring a subscription, so I wanted to find one that someone had tried and could recommend.

But I am open to any and all ideas on this. :)

I live in Buriram, very near the Cambodian border . Can I receive Astro here? Thank you. Bill

Thanks for that I would be interested in more details. However I can't imagine that you can pick up Astra from a True Visions dish. I doubt it is pointed in the right direction.

I used to have one of those large dishes that recieved the South African link but have since moved and have lost that dish. I would think you need a new dish pointing towards the Astra satellite.

Of course I would be interested in any satellite or cable links that will show the cricket, but what I was really asking about was internet streaming, through something like MyP2P mentioned by SuperNova. There are plenty of such sites around, most of them requiring a subscription, so I wanted to find one that someone had tried and could recommend.

But I am open to any and all ideas on this. :)

I didn't get down there today but the reason I suspect it is possibly available on the UBC dish is that my local bar has Astro and he says he gets it from the UBC decoder not his Dreambox (which all cricket lovers needed for the SA supersports).

As I said I will let you know ASAP.

I'm having it whatever it costs.

I didn't get down there today but the reason I suspect it is possibly available on the UBC dish is that my local bar has Astro and he says he gets it from the UBC decoder not his Dreambox (which all cricket lovers needed for the SA supersports).

As I said I will let you know ASAP.

I'm having it whatever it costs.

Given what you observed, my guess is that he uses the UBC decoder with the old Supersports Dish, maybe re-directed. But who knows???

Oh dear so much dis-information here. The Ashes will be on live Pay Per View on the Astro Network (not with any UBC dish up here, nor UBC decoder) and also on the Willow Cricket Channels as part of the Taj network on the old DSTV satellite.

I will be cheering Australia for once.

Oh dear so much dis-information here. The Ashes will be on live Pay Per View on the Astro Network (not with any UBC dish up here, nor UBC decoder) and also on the Willow Cricket Channels as part of the Taj network on the old DSTV satellite.

I will be cheering Australia for once.

Could you please explain what the "Astro Network" is?

Thank you. :)

• 1 month later...