Thai Sex Worker Murdered And Left To Rot In New Zealand Apartment

webfact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone upset because of the murder or because he let her body decompose? Strangulation is many times a crime of passion and if he was in a prior relationship with this woman (hooker or not) and emotionally unbalanced, he will most likely spend some time in a mental institution and be released back into society. I pity anyone who get close to him again.

In principle, I am against the death penalty for two reasons. First, prosecutors could give a rat's ass if you are guilty but can they make a case and sell it to a jury. If so, case closed and no looking for the real criminal. Second, it costs taxpayers more than ten million dollars for a death penalty case to make it through all the appeals and only a million or so to keep them locked up for the rest of their lives. If the person is sentenced to life without parole, they have to suffer at the hands of fellow inmates or be locked in solitary for their protection. Either way they get to suffer every day. If they die, no suffering.

Justice is not the goal of the Criminal Justice System, despite the name. The system is 'can my lawyer beat your lawyer' which is why the rich rarely face 'justice' and the poor and mentally challenged make up the bulk of the prison population. Are the rich more moral? Are the poor and mentally challenged more prone to criminal behavior? I suggest everyone withhold judgement until you know more facts and then, guaranteed, you will still not know the whole story. From the sound of the story, as written, this is one mentally defective human being. Hitler would have had him killed. What would you do to mentally defective humans prone to occasional violence? My answer - segregate them forever from the rest of us.

This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard of. This man is a criminal in the worst sense - death penalty as a minimum!!!

You need to get out more.

There are many far worse things that (unfortunately) happen to people around the world.

Agree 100%

yes despicable.

yet also a headline topic for the gossip mills among working gals - and puts another black mark on farang reputation - and will result in further stand-offishness - probably deserved. But still a black mark for the many farang who fully appreciate and adore ladies of the night - and treat the ladies affectionately.

I also know a few farang who don't wear condoms and knowingly transfer STD's to one night girlfriends. I'd like to see those guys locked up also, but won't happen.

I also know a few farang who don't wear condoms and knowingly transfer STD's to one night girlfriends. I'd like to see those guys locked up also, but won't happen.

How did this topic come down to condom use??

There's also plenty of infected girls who knowlingly transfer STD's to one hour/night boyfriends.

A sex worker is running a business. It's her responsibility more than the customers. Should we lock them up too?

Really quite shocked by this case, but more shocked by the numerous 'give him death.' posts Clearly this person is mentally unstable - to what degree we'll probably never know. But to demand death for a mentally sick person is unforgivable.

Whether or not he is mentally unstable will be determined by the court. His action of staying with the corpse while it decayed doesn't necessarily preclude his criminal culpability in the murder due to mental instability. That he was functioning at some level afterward leads me to think he wasn't psychotic, which is one of the indicators for a criminal insanity defence.

The even more egregious serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer is testament to that.

With evidence overwhelmingly against him, Dahmer pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. The trial lasted two weeks. The court found Dahmer sane and guilty on 15 counts of murder and sentenced him to 15 life terms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

While he didn't receive the death penalty, Dahmer was killed in prison by a fellow inmate.

Edited by Buchholz

And the maximum penalty would be? Is there such a thing as a "fate worse than a fate worse than death"?

This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard of. This man is a criminal in the worst sense - death penalty as a minimum!!!

and this guy pleads "NOT GUILTY" ??? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

The murderer, her boyfriend, endured the smell of decomposition without attempting to do anything about it until he was discovered and subsequently arrested.

He knew someone would discover the body at some point and he had resigned himself to his fate of going to prison. He didn't run or try to conceal the murder.

Actually he did try to conceal the murder by blowing the stench of the decaying corpse with a fan.(from news in the original thread).

And the maximum penalty would be? Is there such a thing as a "fate worse than a fate worse than death"?

and this guy pleads "NOT GUILTY" ??? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Hieatt's defence has indicated it admits the killing, but says it was manslaughter rather than murder.

(from new news article)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4324815/Accused-made-emotionless-admission-court-hears

Edited by Buchholz

Additional action by the defendant to attempt to conceal the murder that was seemingly missed by the Pattaya Daily News reporter attending the trial in Auckland :

There were burned incense sticks in the room and a fan pointing at a bed where he saw the contours of a body under the covers with "larvae" on top.

From another new news article:

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/accused-calmly-admitted-killing-girlfriend-court-told-3885688

Edited by Buchholz

Anyone aware of the "stench" of a decomposing body?

If this guy lived in the same appartment, he must be "off his rails" or lacking olfactory sense!

The rst is up to the judical system - sad however!

Yep seen more than my fair share from a couple of hours old to a couple of months. It is a smell that you will never forget.

Sad and horrible act.

With all due respect too the dead, isn't 41 a touch late in the game to be travelling around tricking? You would think early 20's or something yeah?

There can come a time if ones big head outgrows his little head and wants more then just a young body, it's kind-a-like fine wine, there are plenty of beautiful women out there, older then 40 and one can have a conversation with them, which makes it to be a tad more then just one sided lust.

The facts as stated show a truly disturbed mind.

Staying there for so long with a decaying corpse of someone he has killed does imply that he doesn't always know the realities of his actions. Is he able to understand his actions and their relations to society, or just grasped the concept temporarily when faced with the police at the door?

Severe mental illness is a logical conclusion,

regardless of our disgust with his actions.

Of course his level and severity of dysfunction is subject to long term observation by more than one psychiatric professional. And then a decision from the courts. In no case can I see him returned to the streets, but the questions is where and how long incarceration happens.

Edited by animatic

He knew someone would discover the body at some point and he had resigned himself to his fate of going to prison. He didn't run or try to conceal the murder.

Actually he did try to conceal the murder by blowing the stench of the decaying corpse with a fan.(from news in the original thread).

So you consider blowing a fan in the direction of the body was his method of concealing the murder for which he never expected to get caught?

I say he was resigned to getting caught but just wanted a bit of time to think. He wanted and expected to be punished.

He certainly wouldn't have been hanging out in HER apartment if he didn't want to be caught, would he? In 3 1/2 weeks he could have easily skipped the country.

I think the rotting corpse is freaking people out so much they can't see the obvious.

Edited by tropo

So you consider blowing a fan in the direction of the body was his method of concealing the murder for which he never expected to get caught?

I say he was resigned to getting caught but just wanted a bit of time to think. He wanted and expected to be punished.

He certainly wouldn't have been hanging out in HER apartment if he didn't want to be caught, would he? In 3 1/2 weeks he could have easily skipped the country.

I think the rotting corpse is freaking people out so much they can't see the obvious.

Other news said they were husband and wife. They quarreled, he strangled her and stayed with her rotten body for days. They didn't say she was a pros. Another life wasted, nevertheless. RIP.

Is everyone upset because of the murder or because he let her body decompose? Strangulation is many times a crime of passion and if he was in a prior relationship with this woman (hooker or not) and emotionally unbalanced, he will most likely spend some time in a mental institution and be released back into society. I pity anyone who get close to him again.

In principle, I am against the death penalty for two reasons. First, prosecutors could give a rat's ass if you are guilty but can they make a case and sell it to a jury. If so, case closed and no looking for the real criminal. Second, it costs taxpayers more than ten million dollars for a death penalty case to make it through all the appeals and only a million or so to keep them locked up for the rest of their lives. If the person is sentenced to life without parole, they have to suffer at the hands of fellow inmates or be locked in solitary for their protection. Either way they get to suffer every day. If they die, no suffering.

Justice is not the goal of the Criminal Justice System, despite the name. The system is 'can my lawyer beat your lawyer' which is why the rich rarely face 'justice' and the poor and mentally challenged make up the bulk of the prison population. Are the rich more moral? Are the poor and mentally challenged more prone to criminal behavior? I suggest everyone withhold judgement until you know more facts and then, guaranteed, you will still not know the whole story. From the sound of the story, as written, this is one mentally defective human being. Hitler would have had him killed. What would you do to mentally defective humans prone to occasional violence? My answer - segregate them forever from the rest of us.

If they die no suffering eh? Guess you are an athiest. Some may see it as a means to give them a quick and speedy trial with the most awesome judge of them all :)

I would say that he is more sick then anything, needs to be in a hospital, sounds like he either lost it, through drugs, alcohol or both and a jealous rage gone bad and to scared to seek help for fear of the end results.

May she rest in peace.

Being a prostitute and the ignorance to boot? Peace..I doubt.

If they die no suffering eh? Guess you are an athiest. Some may see it as a means to give them a quick and speedy trial with the most awesome judge of them all :)

Actually, I Christian and I believe everyone should have a chance for Redemption of their immortal soul.

Actually, I Christian and I believe everyone should have a chance for Redemption of their immortal soul.

Yeah, study up on what happened to Saul of Tarsus (Paul).

Saul of Tarsus, self acknowledged persecutor of Christians, was struck blind by Jehovah while he was on the road to Damascus; afterwards he was Redeemed and became Paul who spread the Gospel farther than anyone previously. If it were up to me, Saddam would not have been hanged. As long as someone is alive, there is a chance for them to rehabilitate themselves. Death, not so much chance. Please be specific.

Yeah, study up on what happened to Saul of Tarsus (Paul).

Saul of Tarsus, self acknowledged persecutor of Christians, was struck blind by Jehovah while he was on the road to Damascus; afterwards he was Redeemed and became Paul who spread the Gospel farther than anyone previously. If it were up to me, Saddam would not have been hanged. As long as someone is alive, there is a chance for them to rehabilitate themselves. Death, not so much chance. Please be specific.

That's not always the case. Paedophiles, for example, are always better off dead.

I am not Christian and never understood the thinking behind the idea that if you repent your sins on your death bed all will be forgiven. Although I am not a strict follower, I do believe my religions ideology in that your deeds will determine your fate regardless of your "repentance."

God is not forgiving. :(

I am not Christian and never understood the thinking behind the idea that if you repent your sins on your death bed all will be forgiven. Although I am not a strict follower, I do believe my religions ideology in that your deeds will determine your fate regardless of your "repentance."

God is not forgiving. :(

Glad to see someone actually thinking.