New Flights To Buri Ram

folium

It seems from Air Asia's website (and the booking section in particular) that they plan to offer flights from both CNX and BKK to Buri Ram (BFV).

Has anyone heard anything about this and what are the chances of such flights being viable and therefore more trhan a temporary fixture?

I really think its just an error on their website.

Can't see any airline running 180 seat Airbus A320's or even 148 seat B737's into Buriram.

Currently Nok Air is only using 66 seat ATR72 turboprops from Don Muang to BFV on only 2 days per week.

Apart from Khmer architecture at Phanom Rung what other attractions are there in Buri Ram? Why should AA consider flying out there?

Not everybody flying has tourism purposes in mind! But Buriram is maybe too small of a town to make it a profitable destination for an airline. The airport in Buriram is located in Sateuk, roughly 30 KM from Buriram town. Passed by there many times, but I don't think I ever saw a car take the turnoff for the airport.

I couldn't find any associated PR. It looks like the OP is basing their opinion on a pull-down menu pick. Unless you can purchase a ticket (I tried many dates unsuccessfully) I'd say it is a programming error. You could call Thai AirAsia to confirm.