Silager-Compressing Silage In Drums

Dear Visitor and reader,

Maybe this attached picture is better for knowledgement,which kind of machine I would like to buy.

Thank you

Waterbuffalofarm

WBF,

I am not being critical but I looked at these machines some years ago and sorry, but I think they are too slow, too expensive and just not necessary to make quality silage. I was looking to making sweet potato root and vine silage at the time for feeding pigs. The bottom line is commercial maintenance feed is around 10THB per kilo. The materials I can grow under that, ensiling cost is largely labour with plastic inner and feed bag outer bagging and the vacuum side I can do with an attachment for the air compressor. I dont need the expense of a hydraulic press and plastic cans with air valves plus a vacuum pump.

There are other TV members infinitely more qualified than me on this subject. Nor can I claim silage expertise. I am however a reasonably good engineer and I cant see these machines being viable. Have a think about the extra cost you are introducing and the length of your ROI. IMHO, you can do better than this option.

If you want to use a press then go air cylinder, much faster and cheaper. For me, oil leaks and silage do not mix

Isaan Aussie