Download Problem

Lost in LOS

When I use my gmail in Firefox and want to click download it saves it to my computer and doesn't give me the option to open it, it goes right to save. It used to ask if I want to save or open but that no longer comes up. I have searched the entire computer but cannot find where to change it to ask what I want to do like it used to

any help appreciated

In Firefox, click on Tools and options. Under the General tab, click on dot (to fill the dot) preceding the sentence that says Always ask me where to save files. Without that designation, Firefox automatically puts downloads in the default location that is specified in the sentence just above the one where you can tell it to ask you each time, where to put the file.

In Firefox, click on Tools and options. Under the General tab, click on dot (to fill the dot) preceding the sentence that says Always ask me where to save files. Without that designation, Firefox automatically puts downloads in the default location that is specified in the sentence just above the one where you can tell it to ask you each time, where to put the file.

that lets me pick where I want the location to be but doesnt let the popup come up to ask if I want to save or open. tried that already. This happened one time when I wanted the download saved and it asked if I always want to do that and that box might have been checked but I never see it again

Is this problem limited to Gmail and/or certain file types?

What about regular downloads?

See: File types and download actions

not sure, but it always happens in gmail. I looked at your link but didnt find what I need but will read through it again

This happened one time when I wanted the download saved, which I clicked instead of open, and it asked if I always want to do that and that box might have been checked but I never see it again to uncheck it