Opening Account Kbank

Opended bank account at KBank branch on Suk. near Soi4. walked in and asked girl at door about opening account, she asked have work permit I said no but I have a non-o. She flagged down a customer rep. and he asked if I had address and it could not be a hotel. I replied I have a address, used my girlfriends address.

Walked out 30 min. later with an account, atm card, and assurace that I could start on-line banking next day. The next day recieved a sms with pin for on-line banking.

Everyone very helpful and went off without a hitch.

Edited by moe666

That did go well for you, I found K Bank very good online about opening ab account when I came to Thailand,however, when I found a branch it was a different story did not want to know, I suspect that no one could speak English and just not worth the bother so went to Ayudyah and found them very helpful and a number of staff spoke English. Luck of the draw.

I have had Kbank for past 10 years it is a saving account and all you need is your [passport, with any kind of visa, I used my tourist visa. All the online benefit will also come with this account. My ATM also works in US and other countries

I have had Kbank for past 10 years it is a saving account and all you need is your [passport, with any kind of visa, I used my tourist visa. All the online benefit will also come with this account. My ATM also works in US and other countries

Were the charges heavy when using in US and other countries ?

I've done OK with K-Bank as well for about 3 years mostly doing transfers from a european account to K-Bank accounts for expenses purposes...they did OK when I transferred the THB400k required for an immigration marriage extension and on request quickly produced all the documentation required for the extension application...

however, I never have used them to transfer money from Thailand to elsewhere...

K-Bank internet is OK as I only use the service to check my balance...and I can use my K-Bank VISA debit card from Scotland to Vietnam and no probs...

recommended...:)

btw...I'm out in the provinces (I'm the only falang around here that I can see) and the service at my local branch has been excellent...just haveta bring the wife along for translating purposes...I held a non-immigrant 'O' visa when I opened the account...

Edited by tutsiwarrior