Hezbollah says ready for another war with Israel

News_Editor

Hezbollah says ready for another war with Israel

2010-11-12 03:12:11 GMT+7 (ICT)

BEIRUT, LEBANON (BNO NEWS) -- Hezbollah Secretary General Al-Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah on Thursday said that the group is ready for another war with Israel, Lebanon's state-run National News Agency (NNA) reported.

The comments were made during a televised speech at a ceremony held by Hezbollah to mark "Martyrs Day" at "Sayyid Martyrs Square.†Nasrallah said that they entered a critical stage in the fate of Lebanon which demanded a reflection stand on the issue.

"When we face dangerous and new junctures, we have to call to mind the previous stages to build on them means of confrontation and hence our options and positions come righteous," Hezbollah's leader said.

The ceremony was attended by a delegation of the Lebanese government. The group included Minister Adnan Sayyid Hussein, Speaker of the House Nabih Berri's Representative Deputy Ghazi Zoayter, and representatives of the Lebanese Army.

"It is our right to speak about their victories and what they left for us of dignity, freedom, sovereignty, independence, strength and capacity to confront all pending challenges," Nasrallah said about the martyrs and their legacy.

In addition, Nasrallah referred to the progress and developments in the UN Special Tribunal for Lebanon, in charge of investigating the 2005 assassination of the then Lebanon’s Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

The Hezbollah leader denied any involvement of his group in the murder and added that they will not tolerate any accusation against any member or leader of the organization. He said that they "will cut the hand" of anyone who attempt to arrest a Hezbollah member on this issue.

Hezbollah alleges that the UN-backed investigation tribunal is marred by witnessed who gave false information. The organization urged the Lebanese government to deal with the false witnesses issue in the tribunal.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-11-12

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you read the above. (If quoted and translated correctly) You realise the paranoia of Israel.

Hezbolla is a partner in the lebanese coalition goverment.

But.

Speak of war as if they are goverment.

Speak of no arrests of their members by the "goverment"

Speak of cutting the hands (Okay silence)those that disagree with them or advocate other action/means?

We cannot say that the arabs are crazy, just remember European history??

Hiler was guilty of all three above.

Stalin was guilty of the last.

Worked with Israelis a number of years ago, found them a bit arrogant, very focused on the task and determined to succed/win.

Always said if israel was going down in any war with the arabs, there would be no places of Islamic worship left in the Middle East. They would all be radioactive fields of glass.

Where are the cries of condemation of these outpourings from the free world.

If a coalition member in the Knesset spoke in the same manner, there would be ambassadors called to explain in capitals around the world.

Double standards.

When you read the above. (If quoted and translated correctly) You realise the paranoia of Israel.

But.

Speak of cutting the hands (Okay silence)those that disagree with them or advocate other action/means?

...Where are the cries of condemation of these outpourings from the free world.

You have that right. Israel certainly has a right to be very wary of their Arab neighbors and most of the free world will not condemn the Arab terrorist groups as they are afraid of having their access to oil cut off. vomit.gif

But.

Worked with Israelis a number of years ago, found them a bit arrogant, very focused on the task and determined to succed/win.

Always said if israel was going down in any war with the arabs, there would be no places of Islamic worship left in the Middle East. They would all be radioactive fields of glass.

If a coalition member in the Knesset spoke in the same manner, there would be ambassadors called to explain in capitals around the world.

Double standards.

Ok. Let's look at what you write and what you claim;

Paranoia? Yes. I think the Israeli culture is distinguished by that. It is a product of being under attack 24/7. It is a product of a large part of its population being refugees from arab lands where they were persecuted, expelled, exploited etc. You see all those black people in Israel? You know where they come from? Ethiopia and Yemen. They were airlifted out after the jewish community raised the money to pay for their blood ransom. Do you think those Ethiopians hold happy memories? Do you think the Egyptian and Tunisians that had lived in their arab countries for centuries, think back with joy when they remember being given 24-72 hours to leave and having to give up all of their possessions.

What do you expect people that would be going into war say? We hope that when we lose the victors will treat us nicely? We hope that when we are successful in defending our nation that we will then embrace the people that sought to kill us? Does anyone going into battle utter niceties? The difference with the Israeli forces is that despite their victories they have yet to go into major cities and turn them into glass. When they had surrounded the Egyptians in 1956 did they massacre them? No they allowed them to surrender and return to Egypt. When the arab attackers came close to over running Israel and defeating the country, did the Israelis turn Damascus, or Bahgdad or Amman to rubble? No they did not. Now contrast that to how the arabs have waged war. The Iraqis gassed the Iranians, When the Sysrians went to war with each other other amd massacred 35,000 of their own, they bulldozed the city. They lined up unarmed combatants and executed them. Look up the Hama massacre. To date the only people that have attempted to turn any country to glkass were the Iraqis when they fled Kuwait setting fire to the oil facilities causing an environmental catstrophe. They also looted everything they could. When the Jordanians expelled the arabs that call themselves Palestinians, they weren't too concerned with civil rights were they? What you heard from the Israelis was bravado to steel their nerves. That's all.

Edited by geriatrickid

Jewish people invade and occupy a foreign country

Lock the original inhabitants into concentration camps, beat, kill and bomb them.

They are shocked and surprised when the original inhabitants and the surrounding nations don't appear to like them very much.

I've been in Israel, I've seen the camps, I've spoken to Palestinians who appear to be a very warm and friendly people (unlike the Israelis)

There appears to be something wrong with this world!

Edited by sarahsbloke

Firstly with the statement below, i am really unsure how they can defend themselves from being called terrorist organization and call themselves freedom fighters or whatever else they like to call themselves

"In addition, Nasrallah referred to the progress and developments in the UN Special Tribunal for Lebanon, in charge of investigating the 2005 assassination of the then Lebanon’s Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

The Hezbollah leader denied any involvement of his group in the murder and added that they will not tolerate any accusation against any member or leader of the organization. He said that they "will cut the hand" of anyone who attempt to arrest a Hezbollah member on this issue."

Secondly with a statement like this, he was no short of pretty declaring the war against the UN should UN find Hezbollah responsible for the assassination.

And the scary part is Israel and its people have to live side by side with lunatics like this, when never know what to expect. Every time your wife or kid or husband or sun or daughter or sister or brother go to work, you never know if they will return.

Israeli's are rude and arrogant, but try living in their conditions of constant threat of war or bombs. Its a never ending stress.

PS. There are over 1 million Arabs living in Israel and it is illegal to even say anything bad as you will be arrested, while if the Jew ends up in the Arab village in Israel, they usually get killed.

There were ALWAYS Jewish people there and there are no concentration camps.

How about a few facts (other than you prefer Arabs to Jews)? :rolleyes:

I prefer people who don't believe they have the right to kill other people.

Their skin colour, race and religion is not of any importance to me.

Why not just insult me, rather than give a logical reply, far easier .... and you just lost a customer forever and joined my ignore list.

A mod might want to remove your insult and my reply as they are both off topic.

Lock the original inhabitants into concentration camps, beat, kill and bomb them.

They are shocked and surprised when the original inhabitants and the surrounding nations don't appear to like them very much.

I've been in Israel, I've seen the camps, I've spoken to Palestinians who appear to be a very warm and friendly people (unlike the Israelis)

Jewish people invade and occupy a foreign country. Hmm what country has Israel invaded?who started the war 40 odd years ago?

Lock the original inhabitants into concentration camps, beat, kill and bomb them.Any photo's or links or video of such a camp? killings? or bombs? Because i can provide 1000 of links showing otherwise. Perhaps your personal photo's since you seen the camps as you claim

They are shocked and surprised when the original inhabitants and the surrounding nations don't appear to like them very much.Any links to support who was there first and who is really the original inhabitants? and why Palestinians have the right to the land?

I've been in Israel, I've seen the camps, I've spoken to Palestinians who appear to be a very warm and friendly people (unlike the Israelis) You have been to Israel and seen the camps, thats funny, i would of imagined it would of been VERY VERY well guarded so tourist like you would not see it. You have spoken to Palestinians in Israel? so that would mean they were not in the camp that would mean they lived a good life in Israel earning money and enjoying it, would not it?

There appears to be something wrong with this world! It sure does, because there are people who will still write the kind of post that you did, with clearly no idea at all about the country and its history

A mod might want to remove your insult and my reply as they are both off topic.

Why don't you point out my insult as there isn't one and you might also point out a people who do not wage war when they have to.

As far as losing you as a customer - who cares?

However, are you always this thin skinned about people disagreeing with you when you make absurd statements that have no basis in fact?

Edited by Ulysses G.

You are so right. it is sickening to see that the "Free World" allows Israel's flagrant violations of dozens of UN resolutions, the war crimes and other atrocities israel commits,

the wholesale slaughter of hundreds of civilians in the last massacre in Lebanon and operation "Cast Lead" which killed more than 1000 innocent Palestinian civilians, mainly women

and children, then the so called "siege of Gaza" which, indeed, as you correctly put, is nothing more than a huge concentration camp.

Maybe best answered by quotes from an article written by King Abdullah of Jordan 60 years ago in 1948.

"The unimaginable persecution of the Jews was not done by the Arabs: it was done by a Christian nation in the West."

"Our case is quite simple: For nearly 2,000 years Palestine has been almost 100 per cent Arab. It is still preponderantly Arab today, in spite of enormous Jewish immigration. But if this immigration continues we shall soon be outnumbered --- minority in our home. Palestine is a small and very poor country, about the size of your state of Vermont. Its Arab population is only about 1,200,000. Already we have had forced on us, against our will, some 600,000 Zionist Jews. We are threatened with many hundreds of thousands more."

Our position is so simple and natural that we are amazed it should even be questioned. It is exactly the same position you in America take in regard to the unhappy European Jews. You are sorry for them, but you do not want them in your country.

We do not want them in ours, either. Not because they are Jews, but because they are foreigners. We would not want hundreds of thousands of foreigners in our country, be they Englishmen or Norwegians or Brazilians or whatever. Think for a moment: In the last 25 years we have had one third of our entire population forced upon us. In America that would be the equivalent of 45,000,000 complete strangers admitted to your country, over your violent protest, since 1921. How would you have reacted to that?

Because of our perfectly natural dislike of being overwhelmed in our own homeland, we are called blind nationalists and heartless anti-Semites.

This charge would be ludicrous were it not so dangerous.

No people on earth have been less "anti-Semitic" than the Arabs. The persecution of the Jews has been confined almost entirely to the Christian nations of the West. Jews, themselves, will admit that never since the Great Dispersion did Jews develop so freely and reach such importance as in Spain when it was an Arab possession. With very minor exceptions, Jews have lived for many centuries in the Middle East, in complete peace and friendliness with their Arab neighbours. Damascus, Baghdad, Beirut and other Arab centers have always contained large and prosperous Jewish colonies. Until the Zionist invasion of Palestine began, these Jews received the most generous treatment far, far better than in Christian Europe. Now, unhappily, for the first time in history, these Jews are beginning to feel the effects of Arab resistance to the Zionist assault. Most of them are as anxious as Arabs to stop it. Most of these Jews who have found happy homes among us resent, as we do, the coming of these strangers.

I was puzzled for a long time about the odd belief which apparently persists in America that Palestine has somehow "always been a Jewish land." Recently an American I talked to cleared up this mystery. He pointed out that the only things most Americans know about Palestine are what they read in the Bible. It was a Jewish land in those days, they reason, and they assume it has always remained so.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. It is absurd to reach so far back into the mists of history to argue about who should have Palestine today, and I apologize for it. Yet the Jews do this, and I must reply to their "historic claim." I wonder if the world has ever seen a stranger sight than a group of people seriously pretending to claim a land because their ancestors lived there some 2,000 years ago If you suggest that I am biased, I invite you to read any sound history of the period and verify the facts."

"In 63 BC the Jews were conquered by Roman Pompey, and never again had even the vestige of independence. The Roman Emperor Hadrian finally wiped them out about 135 AD. He utterly destroyed Jerusalem, rebuilt under another name, and for hundreds of years no Jew was permitted to enter it. A handful of Jews remained in Palestine but the vast majority were killed or scattered to other countries, in the Diaspora, or the Great Dispersion. From that time Palestine ceased to be a Jewish country, in any conceivable sense.

This was 1,815 years ago, and yet the Jews solemnly pretend they still own Palestine!

If such fantasy were allowed, how the map of the world would dance about!Italians might claim England, which the Romans held so long. England might claim France, "homeland" of the conquering Normans. And the French Normans might claim Norway, where their ancestors originated. And incidentally, we Arabs might claim Spain, which we held for 700 years.

Many Mexicans might claim Spain, "homeland" of their forefathers. They might even claim Texas, which was Mexican until 100 years ago. And suppose the American Indians claimed the "homeland" of which they were the sole, native, and ancient occupants until only some 450 years ago. I am not being facetious. All these claims are just as valid or just as fantastic as the Jewish "historic connection" with Palestine. Most are more valid."

full version here, very interesting reading .......

My link

Maybe best answered by quotes from an article written by King Abdullah of Jordan 60 years ago in 1948.

"The unimaginable persecution of the Jews was not done by the Arabs: it was done by a Christian nation in the West."

"Our case is quite simple: For nearly 2,000 years Palestine has been almost 100 per cent Arab. It is still preponderantly Arab today, in spite of enormous Jewish immigration. But if this immigration continues we shall soon be outnumbered --- minority in our home. Palestine is a small and very poor country, about the size of your state of Vermont. Its Arab population is only about 1,200,000. Already we have had forced on us, against our will, some 600,000 Zionist Jews. We are threatened with many hundreds of thousands more."

Our position is so simple and natural that we are amazed it should even be questioned. It is exactly the same position you in America take in regard to the unhappy European Jews. You are sorry for them, but you do not want them in your country.

We do not want them in ours, either. Not because they are Jews, but because they are foreigners. We would not want hundreds of thousands of foreigners in our country, be they Englishmen or Norwegians or Brazilians or whatever. Think for a moment: In the last 25 years we have had one third of our entire population forced upon us. In America that would be the equivalent of 45,000,000 complete strangers admitted to your country, over your violent protest, since 1921. How would you have reacted to that?

==================

israel is a country "created" by lies and deceit and build by violence and murder. As long as there is Israel there will never be peace in the Middle East, nor in the World.

Israel is like a cancer that needs to be removed urgently, before it will kill us all!

Edited by thaiphoon
Quote repaired

Sarah's bloke. A very interesting read and very true. However you don't expect any of these pro Israelis to listen to facts. According to them it's the Palestinians fault that they've been living on Jewish land for the last 2000 years. And remember the biggest book of fiction in the world says that it is their promised land so we must go by that.

Sarah's bloke. A very interesting read and very true. However you don't expect any of these pro Israelis to listen to facts. According to them it's the Palestinians fault that they've been living on Jewish land for the last 2000 years. And remember the biggest book of fiction in the world says that it is their promised land so we must go by that.

The Israel Apologists get their instructions straight from the "country of milk and honey". Now there are even websites dedicated to instructing these apologists

http://www.thejidf.org/

The basic concept is very simple, please not that whenever a post appears about Israel, the Apologist will swarm over it like flies over shit,

and you will notice easily the strategy they deploy over and over again :

1. No matter what happens, Israel is always right, and the Palestinians, Hamas, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Hezbollah, and nowadays Turkey, are always wrong.

2. In other places in the world bad things happen too, so what Israel does is not as bad (Two wrongs do make a right.)

3. Critics of Israel are insulted and humiliated

4. If all of the above fail, play the "Anti Semitism Card" - guaranteed success

========

Boycott israel http://bdsmovement.net/

It is working :

Press Release: Five countries boycott tourism conference in Jerusalem

Posted by BNC Palestine on Fri, 10/15/2010 - 11:44 Five countries boycott tourism conference in Jerusalem

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 15 October 2010

• UK, Sweden, Turkey, South Africa, and Ireland will not attend controversial conference hosted by Israel

• Many countries undecided or set to only send low-level delegations

• OECD General Secretary warns Netanyahu over Israeli Tourism Minister comments

• Palestine Legislative Council appeals for more countries to boycott conference

• Israeli membership of OECD ‘illegal under international law’

Because of our perfectly natural dislike of being overwhelmed in our own homeland, we are called blind nationalists and heartless anti-Semites.

No people on earth have been less "anti-Semitic" than the Arabs. The persecution of the Jews has been confined almost entirely to the Christian nations of the West. Jews, themselves, will admit that never since the Great Dispersion did Jews develop so freely and reach such importance as in Spain when it was an Arab possession. With very minor exceptions, Jews have lived for many centuries in the Middle East, in complete peace and friendliness with their Arab neighbours. Damascus, Baghdad, Beirut and other Arab centers have always contained large and prosperous Jewish colonies. Until the Zionist invasion of Palestine began, these Jews received the most generous treatment far, far better than in Christian Europe. Now, unhappily, for the first time in history, these Jews are beginning to feel the effects of Arab resistance to the Zionist assault. Most of them are as anxious as Arabs to stop it. Most of these Jews who have found happy homes among us resent, as we do, the coming of these strangers.

I was puzzled for a long time about the odd belief which apparently persists in America that Palestine has somehow "always been a Jewish land." Recently an American I talked to cleared up this mystery. He pointed out that the only things most Americans know about Palestine are what they read in the Bible. It was a Jewish land in those days, they reason, and they assume it has always remained so.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. It is absurd to reach so far back into the mists of history to argue about who should have Palestine today, and I apologize for it. Yet the Jews do this, and I must reply to their "historic claim." I wonder if the world has ever seen a stranger sight than a group of people seriously pretending to claim a land because their ancestors lived there some 2,000 years ago If you suggest that I am biased, I invite you to read any sound history of the period and verify the facts."

"In 63 BC the Jews were conquered by Roman Pompey, and never again had even the vestige of independence. The Roman Emperor Hadrian finally wiped them out about 135 AD. He utterly destroyed Jerusalem, rebuilt under another name, and for hundreds of years no Jew was permitted to enter it. A handful of Jews remained in Palestine but the vast majority were killed or scattered to other countries, in the Diaspora, or the Great Dispersion. From that time Palestine ceased to be a Jewish country, in any conceivable sense.

This was 1,815 years ago, and yet the Jews solemnly pretend they still own Palestine!

If such fantasy were allowed, how the map of the world would dance about!Italians might claim England, which the Romans held so long. England might claim France, "homeland" of the conquering Normans. And the French Normans might claim Norway, where their ancestors originated. And incidentally, we Arabs might claim Spain, which we held for 700 years.

Many Mexicans might claim Spain, "homeland" of their forefathers. They might even claim Texas, which was Mexican until 100 years ago. And suppose the American Indians claimed the "homeland" of which they were the sole, native, and ancient occupants until only some 450 years ago. I am not being facetious. All these claims are just as valid or just as fantastic as the Jewish "historic connection" with Palestine. Most are more valid."

My link

you seem very knowledagable about this sarahsbloke. :)

Someone sent this link to me last week.....

and I would be interested if you have any views on this and whether you agree with it ?

http://www.iamthewitness.com/DarylBradfordSmith_Rothschild.htm

Edited by midas

But.

Double standards.

Ok. Let's look at what you write and what you claim;

Paranoia? Yes. I think the Israeli culture is distinguished by that. It is a product of being under attack 24/7. It is a product of a large part of its population being refugees from arab lands where they were persecuted, expelled, exploited etc. You see all those black people in Israel? You know where they come from? Ethiopia and Yemen. They were airlifted out after the jewish community raised the money to pay for their blood ransom. Do you think those Ethiopians hold happy memories? Do you think the Egyptian and Tunisians that had lived in their arab countries for centuries, think back with joy when they remember being given 24-72 hours to leave and having to give up all of their possessions.

What do you expect people that would be going into war say? We hope that when we lose the victors will treat us nicely? We hope that when we are successful in defending our nation that we will then embrace the people that sought to kill us? Does anyone going into battle utter niceties? The difference with the Israeli forces is that despite their victories they have yet to go into major cities and turn them into glass. When they had surrounded the Egyptians in 1956 did they massacre them? No they allowed them to surrender and return to Egypt. When the arab attackers came close to over running Israel and defeating the country, did the Israelis turn Damascus, or Bahgdad or Amman to rubble? No they did not. Now contrast that to how the arabs have waged war. The Iraqis gassed the Iranians, When the Sysrians went to war with each other other amd massacred 35,000 of their own, they bulldozed the city. They lined up unarmed combatants and executed them. Look up the Hama massacre. To date the only people that have attempted to turn any country to glkass were the Iraqis when they fled Kuwait setting fire to the oil facilities causing an environmental catstrophe. They also looted everything they could. When the Jordanians expelled the arabs that call themselves Palestinians, they weren't too concerned with civil rights were they? What you heard from the Israelis was bravado to steel their nerves. That's all.

If you read my post again you will see that I am a tacit supporter of Israel, can see the good, bad warts and all.

Cannot understand why some posters are anti-semitic.

If Israelis have no right to the land of there forebearers then the are entitled to it by force of arms.

If that is not acceptable then the German/Polish/Russian borders need looking at and we better restore Prussia?? Then Californian and Texan inhabitants better brush up their spanish.

It is not going to happen? Israel is a reality that has to be recognised by all in the Middle East.

The palestinians are kept locked in Gaza just as much by the Egyptians (Remember the Egyptian wall blown up by Hamas) as Israelis.

Why????

The ruling party/goverment is classed as a terrorist organisation that wants the destruction of Israel, also supports the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt. (They killed Pres' Sadat remember?) It is difficult to talk with someone who wants you, your family and nieghbours dead.

It happened once before to the jews....... called the Holucaust.

The Jews will do more than another Masada if it looks like happening again

Its funny but the 2-3 Israel bashers can not even get their history right. In 2 posts they have stated 2000 years, while by jewish and arab calendar we are in year 5770.

So even taking your totally baseless and irrational argument that Palestinians lived there for 2000 years that would mean Jews lived there for the other 3770-which is almost double, so whose land is it then?

Do you see Israel send in suicide bombers to target cafes, schools, shops???

Does Israel just randomly bomb Palestinians? or does Israel respond to the never ending rockets fired into Israel and then those lovely nice people as you like to call them hide in schools and kindergartens so when Israel responds they can claim Israel kills innocent people.

As for the speech from King of Jordan from 60 years ago, funny how the speeches have changed and Jordan is now one of the "friends"

Not to mention Jordan does not want Palestinians after they took them in as refugees. Just this fact alone is enough for anyone with half a brain to look through the crap.

If your own brother does not want you, why should a stranger take you?

All of 1 million Palestinians living in Israel and working are very happy with their life and all taxes they pay Israel gives to Palestine, but its never enough for them. No matter what concessions Israel gives them, they want more and more and more.

So if Palestinians can not use the money and all the aid they got and still get from the rest of the world, there is no one to blame but themselves.

One way to stop Gaza problem is to remove terrorists from the government, but since the lovely people chose to vote for terrorists and attack Israel they get to live in a blockade, which by the way can hardly be called a camp. Their borders are blocked so they can not receive rockets, while all the food gets stolen by the so called government and then uses it to promote the hate.

One good way to stop the problem is to insure all the aid money goes to the people and not the politicians that are running Hamas and Hezbollah

Yasser Arafat literally stole millions of dollars in aid money and died a very rich man.

By the way, the nation of Jordan received $1.022 Billion in US aid and assistance in 2009 while the West Bank and Gaza received $910 Million. Hardly chump change.

My link

you seem very knowledagable about this sarahsbloke. :)

Someone sent this link to me last week.....

and I would be interested if you have any views on this and whether you agree with it ?

http://www.iamthewit..._Rothschild.htm

I think King Abullah may have had a different attitude toward the Palestinians after Black September, 1970, if I remember correctly.

This coming from the person that had the rudeness to post in the Rembrance Day thread and disrespect the allied veterans? You showed absolute contempt and disrespect for people that put their lives on the line and you now pipe in here? You aren't satisfied insulting all the millions of people that died so you could sit there and spew nonsense?

The jews did not invade Israel. That's where they originated. Where are these concentration camps you speak of? There are no concentration camps in Israel. Show me one part of Israel where anyone is forced into a prison work camp. Name one of these concentration camps in Israel. Name just one.

The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem ordered the arabs to fight against the French and British. The mufti recruited loyalists to serve under the Nazis and here you are? Look up the arab role in WWII. Look up the Grand Mufti. Shame on you to spread such hate. You have spoken to Palestinians? Right? You think they are a homogeneous group that all share the same opinion? If that was the case, why are Hamas and the PA at each others throats? Why do the Sunnis feud with the Shiites? Not every Palestinian or muslim or arab hates jews or Israel. It's a myth that Israeli arabs all live in poverty and are somehow defenseless idiots. If you knew any Israeli arabs you would know that a great many are educated and have decent lifestyles on par with many western communities. Ask an Israeli arab if he or she would be willing to exchange that citizenship for something more local. The answer might disappoint you. Israeli arabs are have a vested interested in the security of Israel too, because that's where they live. Suicide bombers that go off in Haifa kill Israeli arabs too. Missiles fired from hostile areas also land in Israeli arab neighborhoods. Do you think these arabs want to be martyrs? Right, tell that to the 16 year old kid that is getting ready to go surfing in Tel Aviv. oooo you are an arab so why should you care if Hamas blows someone up. Right. Oooo you're an arab, so you have to be poor and stupid and in need of a European to come rescue you. Right.

I suggest you pick up the book The Jew is Not My Enemy by Tarek Fatah.

The author is a muslim and has opposed Israeli policies on multiple issues. The difference though is that his opposition is based upon a sincerity and honesty that is lacking in a great many europeans who have no understanding of Islam, arab culture or history. Read the book and get some insight from someone that packs some punch in the western muslim community.

Edited by geriatrickid

So Kuffki, we don't need to argue about the dates King Abdullah of Jordan wrote in an item many years ago. Here are some that are more recent.

Do you believe America should be handed back to the Native Americans

Do you believe Australia should be handed back to the Aborigines

Do you believe that New Zealand should be handed back to the Maori?

It appears from your previous post you do think this!

I think you will also find that historically Zionists are credited in creating terrorism, in Palestine.

In answer to your question "Does Israel just randomly bomb Palestinians?"

The answer appears to be, yes they did!

"Throughout December 1947 and January 1948 Zionist militias carried out atrocities in Palestinian villages and neighbourhoods.One such assault took place in the village of Khisas in Galilee on 18 December 1947. Zionist troops blew up houses in the village in the dead of night, while their occupants were sleeping. Fifteen people were killed, including five children"

Israel - created by terrorism

terror.jpg

A rare photo of Israeli terrorists at the massacre at Deir Yassein

You did ask for photos

Massacre at Deir Yassein

News of the killings sparked terror within the Palestinian community, encouraging them to flee from their towns and villages in the face of Jewish troop advances, and it strengthened the resolve of Arab governments to intervene, which they did five weeks later by invading Palestine after Israel's declaration of Independence on May 14.

Edited by sarahsbloke

One good way to stop the problem is to insure all the aid money goes to the people and not the politicians that are running Hamas and Hezbollah

Yasser Arafat literally stole millions of dollars in aid money and died a very rich man.

By the way, the nation of Jordan received $1.022 Billion in US aid and assistance in 2009 while the West Bank and Gaza received $910 Million. Hardly chump change.

Exactly, use the money for infrastructure not to buy more rockets.

Arafat was worth 1 billion dollars, where i am sure most of it was from aid.

With all these money coming in plus all the taxes Israel collects from Palestinians working in Israel, really makes you wonder where does it all go, cause clearly it does not go to the people.

So Kuffki, we don't need to argue about an item King Abdullah of Jordan wrote many years ago

I think you will also find that historically Jewish people are credited in creating terrorism, in Palestine.

"Throughout December 1947 and January 1948 Zionist militias carried out atrocities in Palestinian villages and neighbourhoods.One such assault took place in the village of Khisas in Galilee on 18 December 1947. Zionist troops blew up houses in the village in the dead of night, while their occupants were sleeping. Fifteen people were killed, including five children"

I do not follow your logic on any of the above or how its relevant

I believe that natives or not, it is what it is now and people should live in peace. Israel is jewish land which was taken away a number of times over 5000 years. Palestinians never had land or country,which also explains why none of their brothers want them, and only help them to spite Israel and no other reason.

So now you have gone from Israel having camps to creating terrorism. But since you insist and give a link to UK article, let me tell you some facts

The whole conflict is a direct result of UK actions.

England ruled the land and when they decided to pull out, they did not make borders or split the land. Israel was long ready for this day and rather then running around like a bunch of sheep, Jews already had an army ready and government, so in the morning of UK leaving the land, Israel established its borders and had government and army in place. While Palestinians kept running around useless.

Israel started to develop and people started to prosper, while Palestine kept at it-doing nothing. Seeing Israel grow and prosper, Palestinians decided that Israel somehow got a better deal and it is to blame for the poverty in Palestine.

Are you aware of Drews?(not sure on the spelling) they are arabs living in the dessert, funny enough they fight for Israel-why is that?

So Kuffki, we don't need to argue about the dayes King Abdullah of Jordan wrote in an item many years ago

I think you will also find that historically Zionists are credited in creating terrorism, in Palestine.

terror.jpg

A rare photo of Israeli terrorists at the massacre at Deir Yassein

You did ask for photos

You don't want to argue the point because you are wrong. Come on now, how about the justification of the Palestinian's actions I mentioned above. Whatever real support they had from the Arab world over the years, they have pretty much thrown away to the detrement of their own people. Seems to me, Hamas, their brothers Hezbollah, and the predecessors, PLO, PFLP, and Arafat, etc have done just as much to harm the Palestinians as the Israelis ever have.

But that's ok, no need to waste your time, you are welcome to join the other 3 or 4 posters who only selectively post items to try and support their position, even though you and they probably have no real first hand knowledge or experience.

Edited by beechguy

MYTH

"Jerusalem is an Arab City."

FACT

Jews have been living in Jerusalem continuously for three millennia. They have constituted the largest single group of inhabitants there since the 1840's. Jerusalem contains the Western Wall of the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism.

Jerusalem was never the capital of any Arab entity. In fact, it was a backwater for most of Arab history. Jerusalem never served as a provincial capital under Muslim rule nor was it ever a Muslim cultural center. For Jews, the entire city is sacred, but Muslims revere a site the Dome of the Rock not the city. "To a Muslim," observed British writer Christopher Sykes, "there is a profound difference between Jerusalem and Mecca or Medina. The latter are holy places containing holy sites." Besides the Dome of the Rock, he noted, Jerusalem has no major Islamic significance.1

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths2/Jerusalem.html

The Land of Israel was never devoid of Jews, although at times she numbered only in the tens of thousands. This was because the land was virtually uninhabitable in the 1880s. The silly rhetoric about a massive Arab presence being overrun by "invading Jews" is quickly dispelled by Mark Twain, who visited the area in 1867. From his book, "The Innocents Abroad"... "A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds... a silent mournful expanse.... a desolation.... we never saw a human being on the whole route.... hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country."

The Jews did not displace anyone, because very few of the people who were there actually owned the land. Most were absentee owners residing elsewhere. Another fact hardly mentioned by the "new historians" is that the arriving Jews never threw anyone off any land. All land was purchased legally from the original owners... whether they be from "Palestine" itself or elsewhere. Furthermore, top dollar was paid for this land which, in many cases, was uninhabited and hardly more than swamp land and rocky terrain. Only about 120,000 Arabs resided in an area that now comprises the State of Israel, Jordan and the so-called "West Bank" [Judea and Samaria] in between. By 1890, the number of Jews who had settled in Palestine reached 50,000 and, by 1907, numbered 100,000. In Jerusalem alone the Jews numbered more than 25,000, out of a total population in the city of only 40,000 Jews, Christians and Arabs. The Arabs did, however, constitute a majority over the sparsely populated countryside abutting Jerusalem

Edited by Ulysses G.

I've never been terribly political, but I am naturally curious, so I've tried to get a feel for the situation in Palestine. All I can say is that after looking at both sides of the coin, I feel very sorry for the Palestinians and have little sympathy for the Israelis. I see Israel as a rogue state with no regard for anybody else. It appears that they ignore the huge number of pleas from a multitude of people and countries to be reasonable and show compassion for others, but it seems these pleas fall on arrogantly deaf ears. I assure you that I'm not anti-Semitic and have Jewish friends, but I perhaps am becoming anti-Zionist.

Once again, I point out that I'm not a very political person. I am only telling you the impression that I (and I know a growing number of people) have regarding the situation in that part of the Middle East. I think Israel l had better seriously think about being part of the world and trying to get along with their neighbours instead of arrogantly shunning all pleas for reasonable behaviour.

I've never been terribly political, but I am naturally curious, so I've tried to get a feel for the situation in Palestine. All I can say is that after looking at both sides of the coin, I feel very sorry for the Palestinians and have little sympathy for the Israelis. I see Israel as a rogue state with no regard for anybody else. It appears that they ignore the huge number of pleas from a multitude of people and countries to be reasonable and show compassion for others, but it seems these pleas fall on arrogantly deaf ears. I assure you that I'm not anti-Semitic and have Jewish friends, but I perhaps am becoming anti-Zionist.

Once again, I point out that I'm not a very political person. I am only telling you the impression that I (and I know a growing number of people) have regarding the situation in that part of the Middle East. I think Israel l had better seriously think about being part of the world and trying to get along with their neighbours instead of arrogantly shunning all pleas for reasonable behaviour.

You do have some valid points, but you have to keep in mind that Israel already tried compassion and it did not work and if anything backfired.

When Israel pulled out from Gaza, rather then a thank you got bombarded with rockets.

When Israel stopped some settlements, in return got more and more suicide bombers.

When Israel agreed to most demands(the PM was shot) Palestinians started to demand for Jerusalem to be their capital

So compassion also has limits.

If you help out your friend and in return you do not even get a thank you but a punch in the face, would you help him/her again?!

This is not to say that Israel is an angel, but under the circumstance and constant threat and pressure, it would be hard for any Nation to do ONLY the right thing.

Palestinians are good at pretending and making everyone feel sorry for them. Perfect example is the footage of houses being destroyed and innocent people being killed, but they do not seem to mention that 24 hours prior to the area being struck, there was a non stop campaign by Israel to warn people to evacuate the area as it will be hit(leaflets dropped from the plane and phonecalls also)

They show school being hit but never mention that schools roof was used to fire rockets into Israel.

They do not show weapons tunnels under the school.

Yes many innocent got killed, but what about Israeli's when they get hit with rockets and suicide bombs, its not innocent people being killed?? and mind you with no warning.

Israel does not run random strikes without even aiming but only responds to the rockets. If 1 or 2 rockets are fired Israel hardly does anything, the only time they respond is when they get 100 rockets in 1 week.

People can say whatever they like about the blockade, but since it was put in place, the number of rocket attacks reduced by huge number and number of suicide bombers reduced to almost none.

So who is the aggressor? and was there or is there any other way to stop never ending rocket attacks??

In what country in the world do you know of all house being built with bomb shelters-this just shows the state of mind from the Israel perspective

Edited by kuffki