Confused Mystery Brit Found At Pattaya Bus Station

webfact

Confused Mystery Brit Found At Pattaya Bus Station

An almost destitute and confused British national provoked the curiosity of staff at a Pattaya bus station, who eventually called the police. He was, however, unable to shed any light on his condition and was subsequently sent to hospital for treatment.

Pattaya, November 11, 2010: A somewhat forlorn, Brit, between 40-45, was discovered asleep at the Rungrueng Tour Bus Terminal, North Pattaya, at 3pm on Nov10, apparently waiting for a bus. Concerned staff considered that the man could well have been the victim of a robbery and also on medication and consequently called the police.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-11-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Pretty sure we saw this guy, he was just standing at the other side of the road and clapping. I took a video of him on my I Phone. We didn't know what to do as, he wasn't doing anything or hurting anyone, he was just clapping. Clapping slowly, fast in different rhythms, it was all a bit bizarre....!

Pretty sure we saw this guy, he was just standing at the other side of the road and clapping. I took a video of him on my I Phone. We didn't know what to do as, he wasn't doing anything or hurting anyone, he was just clapping. Clapping slowly, fast in different rhythms, it was all a bit bizarre....!

Nah Red. This guy was asleep at 3pm on Nov 10. The guy we saw was wide awake at 6am on Nov 11. :D

It says that he was sent to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for treatment. I can't imagine that with 50 baht to his name BPH would allow him to even use a seat in the waiting room, let alone treat him. From what I've read, that hospital does not have a good reputation for showing unselfish compassion.

It says that he was sent to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for treatment. I can't imagine that with 50 baht to his name BPH would allow him to even use a seat in the waiting room, let alone treat him. From what I've read, that hospital does not have a good reputation for showing unselfish compassion.

I don't think any hospital would deal with him if he only had 50B! <_<

About as much compassion as the British Embassy

Well Rus, who hasn't had a weekend in Pattaya that wasn't deserving of a round of applause upon departure? Perhaps something for the local tourist board to consider... biggrin.gif

Sorry to interrupt, does anyones knows if Evanson is still posting on this forum? , thanks :jap:

he doesnt look very british ..... more turk or middle eastern

If you haven't noticed, there are hundreds-of-thousands of British citizens of Middle Eastern decent. However, no matter how many generations their family may have had British citizenship, many (most?) white Brits will never consider a person of color an "Englishman."