Tractors In Thailand

Blackandwhite

Hi,

I am not into tractors, and i guess not many people are besides the ones who post in the " Farming in Thailand " forum.

I suggest you ask a moderator to take your quest to that section and also that you use the search function, and I am sure a lot will come up about tractors/models/ and their uses and the to be attached tools.

C

Since tractors are not used for rice harvest (cutting/thrashing grain) your question leaves some of us confused. Ford 6610 is probably the most widely used farm tractor.

Some of you are confused, you indicate you are with others and are all confused together, I wonder if you could explain what do they use if the don't use a tractor in the process of harvest ?

On the off chance your still not sure this is the meaning of harvest

Harvest

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Harvest (disambiguation).

In agriculture, the harvest is the process of gathering mature crops from the fields

Since tractors are not used for rice harvest (cutting/thrashing grain) your question leaves some of us confused. Ford 6610 is probably the most widely used farm tractor.

Some of you are confused, you indicate you are with others and are all confused together, I wonder if you could explain what do they use if the don't use a tractor in the process of harvest ?

On the off chance your still not sure this is the meaning of harvest

Harvest

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Harvest (disambiguation).

In agriculture, the harvest is the process of gathering mature crops from the fields

B&W - Try the words 'RICE HARVESTER' - Then take a deep breath and remember, besides unlimited amounts of cash, farmers need one other thing, - a lot of patience ! Just a thought.

Mr. black&white, hope your question directed to me has been answered to your satisfaction. Yes, I was confused by your original question and was looking for clarity rather than the definition of 'harvest'. As this is the latter part of the week and you have been a TV member longer than many, I will be polite in my question to you.

What is the best type of horse to use for beef cattle breeding? This forum is one of the few on TV that most of us ask, suggest, and contemplate a topic without some of the smart arse remarks found on other forum topics. We do pull each others chain now and again but it is in a fun mode. The member pnusdedt and other have vast experience with mechanical harvesters (check past topics). Good luck in your quest for info.

I have never seen rice harvested by a tractor. I've seen it harvested by hand and then either manullay threshsed or by a mechanical thresher. I've also seen it (more and more frequently) harvested by a combine, which in Thailand are specifically for the harvesting of rice crops..

Mr. black&white, hope your question directed to me has been answered to your satisfaction. Yes, I was confused by your original question and was looking for clarity rather than the definition of 'harvest'. As this is the latter part of the week and you have been a TV member longer than many, I will be polite in my question to you.

What is the best type of horse to use for beef cattle breeding? This forum is one of the few on TV that most of us ask, suggest, and contemplate a topic without some of the smart arse remarks found on other forum topics. We do pull each others chain now and again but it is in a fun mode. The member pnusdedt and other have vast experience with mechanical harvesters (check past topics). Good luck in your quest for info.

Good one slap. But I have to say, we once had a Welsh pony stallion that was a bit dodgy around the milking cows, but he was only 10 hands tall.

There are 3 ways to harvest PADDY.By the way ,the farmer grows PADDY , in a paddy field. He sells paddy to the rice mill. The miller mills it and then sells RICE. (1) Traditional-Paddy is cut by hand, using a sickle, and is hand- threshed on a block of concrete. (2) Hand- cut , tied in sheaves and fed into a threshing machine. (3) Combine harvester, on crawler tracks, to operate in water. Does all operations, using 1 machine. Generally, no paddy farmer owns a Combine Harvester, They are all owned and operated by Contractors. A contractor might have 2 or3 or more machines.

Okay let me apologise for my ignorance and I wish to try asking the question again. What is the best brand of vehicle and type of vehicle to get rice crops from a field and into the cloth sacks ready to sell on for the next stage. Information will be great, sorry if I have worded this question incorrectly, hope you all know what I am trying to ask.

How many rai, do you want to harvest? Are you wanting to set yourself up as a contractor? Threshing machines are not so expensive.Combine Harvesters are. For them ,start by visiting a Kubota dealer. You really need to just visit and talk to Agricultural Suppliers. Plenty of them around. Are you a good mechanic? You might need to be. Your Thai operators may not be skilled ,in maintaining the equipment. Thais are not noted for maintaining machines well. Especially ones as complicated as Combine Harvesters.

Okay let me apologise for my ignorance and I wish to try asking the question again. What is the best brand of vehicle and type of vehicle to get rice crops from a field and into the cloth sacks ready to sell on for the next stage. Information will be great, sorry if I have worded this question incorrectly, hope you all know what I am trying to ask.

From this thread and the one on contracting harvesters, I assume that you wish to buy a machine for that purpose. I do not own or have ambitions of buying a harvester. But I have observed the recent influx of machines usually Kubota DC60's which appear to be bundled with a tractor and a tandem trailer to transport the harvester and on boggy land to pull the harvester out of the sink holes.

I would suggest you talk to others that are operating harvesters who may privately shed more light on the realities attached. For instance there is a potential security issue with the amount of money that is collected throughout a day. What support equipment should you buy?

Finance arrangements and inclusive of maintenance deals are available from the likes of Kutoba, but my advise is to get an understanding of the "hidden" costs before you walk in blind. These machines are complex and working in difficult and abrasive conditions, wear rates on components is high and repair/replace/rebuild costs need to be factored in.

Isaan Aussie

Hello Mr Black & White,

If you would like to read the 2 forums shown below, they go into depth on both Rice harvesters (Thai and Japanese manufactured)as well as regarding tractors available here in Thailand.

If you have specific questions afterwards, then we can address them,

Please be aware that you have caught us at the busiest time of the year, rice harvest is in full swing and we are generally working till 11.30pm, so it may be a couple of days before you get a coherent reply.

As I mentioned sometime ago in a previous posting, please don't let commensense and logic get in the way of purchasing some of this equipment, after all you can't take it with you when you pass on and it is good fun operate.

General > Farming in Thailand Forum > Kubota Dc-60 Harvesters

General > Farming in Thailand Forum > John Deere Dealers

Mixedbreed