Eric Clapton Live In Bangkok 2011

webfact

Eric Clapton Live in Bangkok 2011

med_gallery_327_1086_15469.jpg

Eric Clapton

File photo. Source: Wikipedia

Eric Clapton, one of the world’s legendary guitar players and a familiar name in the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame returns to Bangkok this 16 February, 2011.

With over 50 million copies sold from the rise of his fame in the 70’s to present, Eric Clapton will be returning to Bangkok with his greatest hits many of which have become standards for every guitar player such as Tears in Heaven, Bottom Blues, Change The World, Badge, Cocaine, Wonderful Tonight, Layla, Key to the Highway, Sunshine of your Love, and Blue Eyes Blue.

Continue:: http://www.thaiticketmajor.com/concert/eric-clapton-2011-eng.php

THAITICKETMAJOR

-- 2010-11-19

footer_n.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw him last time, what a legend! :)

all the Thais left before the encore! :blink:

I saw him on another gig,not in Thailand - all public was delighted with his perfomence;Thais? - they do not like western music and they do not know it.

They know two names only - MichaelJackson and Madonna.

My GF likes Scorpions;I met them in Rachadapisek disco after gig here - nobody knew them!they were anonymous;everybody knew cheezy local

singer on stage,who was popular and public was excited about her,she was the star of the evening - not Scorpions.

People here complained in another place about expensive tickets for Leonard Cohen,my Eric Clapton costed me 300 bucks each - same what LC in PP.

was it worth?Shure!

He is one of the most over rated performers of all time. He couldn't carry Jerry Garcia's jockstrap. Badge? Give me a break. His DVD sucked, too. If they do the buy one for 700 get one free like they did for Backstreet Boys (didn't go to that), I would consider it. Rolling stones would propbably get second place on the last of most over rated. There shows have sucked for more than 20 years, and their greed really shows, playing football stadiums, and charging 300 USD per ticket.

He is one of the most over rated performers of all time. He couldn't carry Jerry Garcia's jockstrap. Badge? Give me a break. His DVD sucked, too. If they do the buy one for 700 get one free like they did for Backstreet Boys (didn't go to that), I would consider it. Rolling stones would propbably get second place on the last of most over rated. There shows have sucked for more than 20 years, and their greed really shows, playing football stadiums, and charging 300 USD per ticket.

You will not be going then ?

I sat beside a Thai in Eric Clapton's last concert here and he knew all the songs, both new and old. It was disappointing that the sound system at Impact Arena was terrible that night. I hope it's fixed for this concert.

I also hope those who don't like him or find him overrated don't go. Save space for the rest of us.

What a fine musical expert.

BTW: I will go

Jerry Garcia is one of my all time favourites along with the stones and Floyd. Clapton at his hight was a legend and I still think he is great. I will be going to see him for sure. if you dont like him then that is cool, but no need to slag him for making money.

Back Street poofs have to do a deal to sell there tickets. buy on get one, what sort of promo is that? if the big names, stones, Floyd and Clapton can fill an entire footie stadium and charge big bucks, that says a lot about the music. I will pay to go and see them if thats what it costs.

Could someone please resurrect Rory Gallagher and Jerry Garcia?

Rory for the first one and a half hours to set the place on fire and then Jerry to chill out with 'Althea', 'China Cat Sunflower' and 'I Know You Rider'.

Eric could come on and do the encore, 'Cocaine', I expect.

He is one of the most over rated performers of all time. He couldn't carry Jerry Garcia's jockstrap.

:lol:

What did one hippie say to the other at a grateful dead concert when they ran out of acid?

These guys suck

Jerry Garcia.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's no accounting for some people's taste - each to his own. But the greed factor is usually the promoter. Elton John played Bangkok for an all in USD500,000 which included the plane the crew, all equipment and his performance. That would have left the big E with about 150,000 after tax. The ticket prices (I believe) were about USD100 so the promoter grossed 5M plus sponsors. Most muso's don't make a killing from live concerts unless they negotiate the ticket sales.

As to Clapton and his performance, well you can stick with ABBA or Back Street Boys or whoever you fancy. Legends become exactly that due to prowess and ability and I would gladly pay the 300 if I had to cos he ain't going to be around for long. Ditto Stones etc.

He is one of the most over rated performers of all time. He couldn't carry Jerry Garcia's jockstrap. Badge? Give me a break. His DVD sucked, too. If they do the buy one for 700 get one free like they did for Backstreet Boys (didn't go to that), I would consider it. Rolling stones would probably get second place on the last of most over rated. There shows have sucked for more than 20 years, and their greed really shows, playing football stadiums, and charging 300 USD per ticket.

I know a few years before Jerry G. died. I had the chance to meet him at a Festival in small town called Laytonville, Northern California (big pot growing country there) and most of your 1960's hippies from S.F. Haight-Ashbury) put on by none other then Wavy Gravy. He brought the Band up from S.F. and mostly the band, Grateful Dead just hung around and smoked pot and had fun. Later in the afternoon, the band got up on stage joined Bonnie Raitt and did a few numbers. Mostly a mixture of some of Bonnies and GD songs. 101 Hwy is next to the festival and all along the fense you could see spectators parked along the highway as far as you could see, all looking in and the woman taking their shirts and bras off and flashing everyone. Though there was a rumor going around the place that Don Henley was supposed to come up, but that was just a rumor. In the end, the event was not to expensive, about $50.00, and well worth it.

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing Eric Clapton. He's a legend in his own time and a master of what he does.

Saw him last time, what a legend! :)

all the Thais left before the encore! :blink:

I saw him on another gig,not in Thailand - all public was delighted with his perfomence;Thais? - they do not like western music and they do not know it.

They know two names only - MichaelJackson and Madonna.

My GF likes Scorpions;I met them in Rachadapisek disco after gig here - nobody knew them!they were anonymous;everybody knew cheezy local

singer on stage,who was popular and public was excited about her,she was the star of the evening - not Scorpions.

People here complained in another place about expensive tickets for Leonard Cohen,my Eric Clapton costed me 300 bucks each - same what LC in PP.

was it worth?Shure!

So Thais don't like western music? So why the hel_l do some of the top western names perform here, and who fills the seats at places like Impact Arena - several thousand expats?

Thais? - they do not like western music and they do not know it.

They know two names only - Michael Jackson and Madonna.

Re the comments above, so, the promoters are figuring there are enough farang Clapton fans in Bangkok to fill the entire arena? Don't think so.....

And re Thais and their not liking western music, I guess you don't consider The Eagles "Hotel California" -- the most overplayed bar song in Thailand -- as western music???

Lastly, your idea is going to come as a big surprise to my Thai wife, who (before she ever met me) preferred to listen to Beyonce and Lady Gaga and Korean pop.... whereas I go more for everything from Clapton to Carabao....

Clapton, however, is a bit before her time....

I have been to Cream shows. Been to Joe Cocker Mad Dogs & Englishmen (Leon Russel, EC, Delaney Bramlett, Bonnie Bramlett, Rita Coolidge et al) Seen EC last time in BKK.

If you have the cash go see him.

Last time his friends included Chris Stainton, Doyle Bramhall II & son of god Butch Trucks.

EC was basically playing rhythm behind those 2 guitar legends.

Webfact. I sat up off the floor near the stage on the stage LH side. It was great. Had cell phone video of most of it.

Biggest difference between Jerry Garcia & EC is that EC is alive & JG is dead. LMFAO.

Yes, Jerry Garcia lives on forever, through his DeadHead groppies. He has branded his name farther than anyone has been able to. Eric Clapton is still alive, but he had his close calls in the past, also.

Also, Thai's don't really care about older popular western performers. They have Maria Carry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, and Madonna. Though if you quiz Thai's music performers on who influenced them the most, they will name a very famous western artist and they are introducing American bands and singers to Thai audiences’. One of my friends is Jim Davidson on 98.5 at 9 p.m., one of the oldest DJ’s (97) in Bangkok. He told me once, that many older Thais, late 20’s on up. Call into his program and request Younger Thai like their new artists and who’s being played on Radio and on YouTube. That’s it. Though as younger Thai get older then they might start to be drawn into what we like. Look at Thai singer Carabao, where does he get his influence from? You can hear different influences in his music.

The band Carabao is mixing Thai folk instruments with western rock music. It has given one the famous rock band in Thailand and in many Asian countries. Their songs for life (เพลงชีวิต) are especially famous. This kind of music became famous through the 1970s political agitation.

Remember, Eagles came to Thailand a number of years ago and Thai remember that. Whenever you go into any of the Entertainment shops. Who do you see on the screens? The Eagles in concert. Older Thai’s stand around for hours and watch, sometimes humming to the music. Why?

It is especially wonderful when one of these old time singers who are in town happen to be staying at a hotel in your city. They come down to the lounge and decided to take arrest, sometimes they’ll even get up and play a few numbers for the audience. I remember seeing BB King and a few months later Willie Nelson coming in and just doing that. It’s just an experience, like no other.

Why would you make comments like that? Eric Clapton was and is great. A lot of people like him including myself. You are an idiot. And you are going to miss a good show. At least a seat won't be wasted on an idiot.

Very cool, I haven't seen him on a big stage in years.

I met him 'at work' in NYC, a really nice mellow cat.

What is your affiliation to music? Makes me wonder and I don’t like that, well to wonder what is. I have a strong one to certain musicians from playing personally before... But you…B ack stage only, or are you? Elaborate is best..

uncletom

Clapton was one of my 3 instructors for electric guitar. The others were Mike Bloomfield (Paul Butterfield Blues Band) and Peter Green when he was with John Mayall. Ok, not directly. I was a teenager in Madrid (my parents were thousands of miles away) having just been expelled from a boarding school. I had a cheapo record player the size of a cracker jack box, and a 2nd hand '62 fender Strat. I'd sit by the record player and copy the blues leads as best I could. At 16 I was strutting my stuff with blues bands in smoky little clubs around Madrid, and later all around Spain including Balearic Islands. Welcome to Thailand, Eric. Have a great time.

Edited by brahmburgers