1 Year Visa?

Hi all, i wonder if someone can help . About 3 months ago i went to the immigration in jomtien, i met an officer there (not dressed as officer) who told he could help me if i was over 50. I had just turned 50 so he said no problem, (this happened out side at the cafe) he said he would get me a 3 months visa for 17.000 baht (and returned with the stamp) and after the 3 months i could do a visa run and i would get a 1 year visa? I told him my Passport only had to pages left and then the last page, but he said it was not a problem as i would get a retirement via when returning from combodia. This would last 1 year, and i assume then i neded only go to immigration in Jomtien every 3 months?? Now my visa expires on 29 nov. and i need to do that visa run. I was not asked for any income papers or anything, but the stamp i got looks as one stamp i got before ??

what do you guys make of this ?

Erik

A 3 month stay on non immigrant visa conversion costs 2,000 baht and a form must be presented as well as proof of 800k or 65k per month income (or combination). This appears to be what you illegally obtained for 17k. After 60 days you visit immigration for a one year extension of stay using the same financial proof and pay 1,900 baht for TM.7 form. You do not go outside of Thailand without a re-entry permit. If you return from Cambodia now you will get a 15 day permitted to stay stamp if from a country so allowed. You will not get a one year visa as there is no such thing (only thing close is a non immigrant O-A visa which could not be issued in Cambodia unless it was your home and police clearance and medical papers provided).

A 3 month stay on non immigrant visa conversion costs 2,000 baht and a form must be presented as well as proof of 800k or 65k per month income (or combination). This appears to be what you illegally obtained for 17k. After 60 days you visit immigration for a one year extension of stay using the same financial proof and pay 1,900 baht for TM.7 form. You do not go outside of Thailand without a re-entry permit. If you return from Cambodia now you will get a 15 day permitted to stay stamp if from a country so allowed. You will not get a one year visa as there is no such thing (only thing close is a non immigrant O-A visa which could not be issued in Cambodia unless it was your home and police clearance and medical papers provided).

Thank you i was wondering why this was so easy, as you know the euro has gone down so much so i dont get 65k a month , but close to it, do you have any sugestions?

There is a chance he provided proof (made deposit into an account with your name for the day) and the stamp is recorded (real) so if you can obtain a letter from your Embassy early next week and put enough into a deposit bank account to make up a combined total of more than 800k you could visit Immigration with Embassy letter of income and bank book plus letter from bank of account balance and 4x6cm photo of yourself taken within last six months and normal copy of passport/arrival card and proof of where you live (such as lease) and fill out TM.7 and pay 1,900 baht to obtain a one year extension of stay for retirement. You will then have to make 90 day address reports but not have to leave country. If you do want to travel a re-entry permit at 1,000 baht would be required and is good to get right after extension of stay in case of emergency travel being required.

If you do not have time a visit to Vientiane for a single entry non immigrant O visa for a new 90 day stay and they do it with 30 days or less remaining would likely be your best choice.

Sorry, but I can't help it.

Question for the OP:

You have been a TV member for four years and still believe paying 17K for a visa/permit to stay stamp will provide you with a legally issued stamp?

There must be at least 1 or 2 posts a month where this topic is mentioned.

Since the person offering the "service" told you to leave the country to get a 1 year visa, something is not right.

What kind of visa/permit to stay did you have when you made use of the offered "service"?

There is a chance he provided proof (made deposit into an account with your name for the day) and the stamp is recorded (real) so if you can obtain a letter from your Embassy early next week and put enough into a deposit bank account to make up a combined total of more than 800k you could visit Immigration with Embassy letter of income and bank book plus letter from bank of account balance and 4x6cm photo of yourself taken within last six months and normal copy of passport/arrival card and proof of where you live (such as lease) and fill out TM.7 and pay 1,900 baht to obtain a one year extension of stay for retirement. You will then have to make 90 day address reports but not have to leave country. If you do want to travel a re-entry permit at 1,000 baht would be required and is good to get right after extension of stay in case of emergency travel being required.

If you do not have time a visit to Vientiane for a single entry non immigrant O visa for a new 90 day stay and they do it with 30 days or less remaining would likely be your best choice.

Well this is all very disturbing, now a man working for immigration in Jomtien (he lives here in my building) came here and told me he could probably get me 1 year for 15K, and 3 months would be 9k, he is checking this, he got a copy of my passport and 2 picture and will come tomorrow or monday with an answer? All very confusing, but i will see later what happens , thanks very much for your answers.

Well this is all very disturbing, now a man working for immigration in Jomtien (he lives here in my building) came here and told me he could probably get me 1 year for 15K, and 3 months would be 9k, he is checking this, he got a copy of my passport and 2 picture and will come tomorrow or monday with an answer? All very confusing, but i will see later what happens , thanks very much for your answers.

What you have been offered is ILLEGAL! Don't go for it. If found out you will be the one to face the music.

Go out of Thailand and obtain a proper visa, Tourist or Non-O and start legally from there. Also get a new passport once you are back with a new visa and permit to stay stamp since two pages won't last long for the many stamps you'l require.

Question for the OP:

You have been a TV member for four years and still believe paying 17K for a visa/permit to stay stamp will provide you with a legally issued stamp?

Since the person offering the "service" told you to leave the country to get a 1 year visa, something is not right.

What kind of visa/permit to stay did you have when you made use of the offered "service"?

I had a double entry visa issued in Cambodia

What you have been offered is ILLEGAL! Don't go for it. If found out you will be the one to face the music.

Go out of Thailand and obtain a proper visa, Tourist or Non-O and start legally from there. Also get a new passport once you are back with a new visa and permit to stay stamp since two pages won't last long for the many stamps you'l require.

sure i know its all about money, but the 3 months stay permit i got must be leagal stamp as an immigratiom officer has look at it and had no comments? now that officer from immigration in offering a 1 year visa for 42k and 3 months 15k?? i understand i must get out of the country but dont really have enough money for that now as the euro has gone down very much!!

sure i know its all about money, but the 3 months stay permit i got must be leagal stamp as an immigratiom officer has look at it and had no comments? now that officer from immigration in offering a 1 year visa for 42k and 3 months 15k?? i understand i must get out of the country but dont really have enough money for that now as the euro has gone down very much!!

But you had 17K to piss away on an illegal visa, and now, apparently considering another 15K or even 42K. Easy enough to go get a Tourist Visa and be legal for that kind of money.

Edited by beechguy

I think a double entry tourist visa would be the way to go, making you legal for the next 6 months,for a lot less money than your are being asked to pay to be illegal.

I would have to agree with you. Plus tourist visas are still free, other than the trip to a Thai Consulate. That would give the OP some time to renew his passport. He would have to extend each entry at an immigration for 1,900 Baht, but it's the best choice, since he has left it to the last week of his visa. Sometimes people amaze me, not taking care of their business properly...

Question for the OP:

sorry i didn't notice that, now that officer will come here after 2 hours and i need to pay 27000 for a 15 month visa. he will take me to some visa compat ??

.....now that officer will come here after 2 hours and i need to pay 27000 for a 15 month visa. he will take me to some visa compat ??

Are you joking or is this for real?

I know money can buy many things here in Thailand, but 27K for an illegal "visa" ????? Who in his/her right mind would pay that?

I think a double entry tourist visa would be the way to go, making you legal for the next 6 months,for a lot less money than your are being asked to pay to be illegal.

But i have only 2 pages left in my passport ans ten the last one??