How Do I Get To Khao San Road

aikawa

From Pratunam, around Thanon Petchaburi?

Take aircon bus 511 to democracy monument or any other bus to dem monument, in fact you should get off next stop

Democracy Monument in Bangkok Service Route <a href="http://www.bmta.co.th/en/bus_info.php?air=&way=&bus_time=&Submit=%B4%D9%C3%D2%C2%C5%D0%E0%CD%D5%C2%B4&bus_no=2">2, 3, 6, 9, 15, 32, 33, 39, 42, 44, 47, 59, 60, 64, 68, 70, 79, 82, 91, 201, 503, 509, 511, 512, 10, 12, 35, 96, 56

Good webpage for Bangkok bus destinations:

http://www.bmta.co.th/en/travel.php

Google map to find your way around democracy monument

Edited by tartempion

I think the no 2 or 11 bus goes there.

I caught the red 2 bus by mistake last week (thought it might go from KSR area to Siam Square) but it goes past Panthip plaza up to Pratunam. A pretty regular service either for free or 7/8 baht.

Get off at the first stop after the Democracy Monument roundabout for KSR

The #511 buses are air conditioned and seem to have a better class of drivers than most. There are usually vacant seats except when the schools let out; around 3pm. B14 Praternam to KSR. Get off when you see hundreds of lottery sellers on the sidewalk to the left. Walk across the intersection and up the side street. KSR on the left.

Another suggestion...fast and very cheap: take the "boat bus" on Klong San Sap (sometimes spelled Saen Saeb, or Saen Saep) from Pattunam Pier to the (last) Phan Fah pier... 13 THB, I believe. And you can then walk (15 minutes) to the Democracy Monument...

Another suggestion...fast and very cheap: take the "boat bus" on Klong San Sap (sometimes spelled Saen Saeb, or Saen Saep) from Pattunam Pier to the (last) Phan Fah pier... 13 THB, I believe. And you can then walk (15 minutes) to the Democracy Monument...

Yeah this is the fastest method especially if going during the day. Traffic is really bad during the day and the bus and taxis can take a long time, and the river boat involves a long walk to the BTS and riding all the way to Saphan Taksin before you can even get on it. Could get a tuk tuk at Pan Fah if you don't want to walk the rest of the way to too