Looking For Ink Tank Printer / Scanner / Copier

sleepwalker999

Wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a nice big shiny printer that will do scanning and copying as well?

I am sick and tired of messing around with the printer in work and wasting time at the copier across the other side of school would prefer to just get my stuff done at home.

I have heard that Brother are the most reliable brand for the external ink tank style.

Any ideas chaps?

If the printer can hack A3 as well that would be even better.

I just bought a Canon Pixma MP287 scanner/printer/fax/copier with full ink tank at Pantrip Plaza (CM) for 2990bht.

1 year guarantee on printer and tank from the shop that sold it, it stop working, you bring back here, said the owner.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Brother is a good brand to use external ink tanks because there are no software problems with it (no need to press reset when refilling ink and no chip modification issues). I recently bought a Brother multi function inkjet MFC-J415W with ink tanks and so far, so good. Using tanks voids the warranty, however.

Brother is a good brand to use external ink tanks because there are no software problems with it (no need to press reset when refilling ink and no chip modification issues). I recently bought a Brother multi function inkjet MFC-J415W with ink tanks and so far, so good. Using tanks voids the warranty, however.

Jingthing

What happens which necessitates image changing, pls?

And using tanks voids the warranty, what do you mean by that sir?

Ink cartridges cost big money, external ink tanks are 10x the size of the manufacturers cartridges, and you can buy cheap ink in bottles.

Of course the manufacturers want you to buy expensive cartridges from them ......

That's why I use a shop that takes on the guarantee after fitting external ink tanks full of ink.

Jingthing

I don't understand your question about image changing, sorry.

About printer warranties, they are only valid if you use branded printer cartridges. In other words, Brother wants you to keep buying their consumables (their cartridges). No tanks, no clones, no refill schemes. So if your printer stops working and they can detect you used a non-branded inking option, you are out of luck with getting help from the manufacturer. I think that is clear enough, isn't it?

Edited by Jingthing

At the current cost of printers do not believe warranty should be an issue for most people. More productive (but sometimes less Green - although there is a good chance they will just dump it anyhow) to get new than wait for repairs/replacement for most of us.

Expect the OP choice of A3 models might make them more expensive however.

Forget ink with a laser printer you make 5000 copies with one filling and they start from 2,000+ now.

I agree. Laser printers are great for B/W. I prefer them much better to ink jet printers for speed and reliability. The problem is, I haven't seen a good inexpensive laser printer for color.

Forget ink with a laser printer you make 5000 copies with one filling and they start from 2,000+ now.

I agree. Laser printers are great for B/W. I prefer them much better to ink jet printers for speed and reliability. The problem is, I haven't seen a good inexpensive laser printer for color.

Good one for color take a Canon or Brother 5.000 baht. Still a bargain !

I much prefer a laser printer but be aware that the toner cartridge with new laser printer will almost certainly be about 1/2 full, thus about 3000 copies vs. full one making 5000 or so. And those cartridges are very expensive but can be reloaded (some have locks that make such reload very difficult; use a reloader service). Color reloads are even more expensive and may require multiple cartridges. Check the price and availability of the toner carefully, also compatability with your computer and OS.

Jingthing

I don't understand your question about image changing, sorry.

About printer warranties, they are only valid if you use branded printer cartridges. In other words, Brother wants you to keep buying their consumables (their cartridges). No tanks, no clones, no refill schemes. So if your printer stops working and they can detect you used a non-branded inking option, you are out of luck with getting help from the manufacturer. I think that is clear enough, isn't it?

Thx for the explanation on ink tank.

Well, I just like your former pix that you used better.

The former carries sort of historical values and antiquity, for me at least.

The current selection is not too bad either.