Where Is This Eating Place Near Kad Suan Keaw ?

healthcaretaker

During my last visit, as I was coming back from the pub and cafe area, a few lanes of them very near to Kad Suan Keaw. Towards the left of the main road if you are coming out of Kad Suan Keaw. There must be a turn into one of the lane. I foirgot about it as I explore several lanes there and I found this outdoor eating place that cook very well Thai dishes. I was alone so I did not order much but I see many locals eat there, mostly in groups after work. Here are some hints and descriptions.

a) Walking distance back to Kad Suan Keaw'

B) It's outdoor, beside the lane or a junction.

c) The cooking is done at a corner visible from the customers tables.

d) Tables are all wooden, seats are wooden too.

e) The lady taking the order can speak English, slim looking and quite young, look around mid or late 20s.

f) Not far further up after Kad Suan Keaw(on the left) if you are coming from the city along the left side into a lane/road.

g) I think the egg fried with crabs or soft crabs is one of their speciality.

Thanks.

Must have been love at first sight :cheesy:

Was it a street stand kind of thing? There's one just past the first traffic light. I don't know what they have but it's always busy and my wife thinks it looks very good (she can somehow tell whether a place is good by looking at it - don't know how but she's always right when it comes to food)

Near sirimangkalajarn rd

maybe your talking about "gangali poo", like a mild yellow curry w/scrambled eggs, but sorry don't know the place since I'm new here but if that the same dish it's very popular from where I came from in Southern Thailand (Hua Hin)

Yes, I see scrambled egg with it but I am sure I remember seeing something like crabs or soft-shell crabs. What else is in this gangali poo ?

maybe your talking about "gangali poo", like a mild yellow curry w/scrambled eggs, but sorry don't know the place since I'm new here but if that the same dish it's very popular from where I came from in Southern Thailand (Hua Hin)

Yes, I see scrambled egg with it but I am sure I remember seeing something like crabs or soft-shell crabs. What else is in this gangali poo ?

Yes it's soft shell crab with scambled egg, indian style curry powder and coconut milk

Must have been love at first sight :cheesy:

Was it a street stand kind of thing? There's one just past the first traffic light. I don't know what they have but it's always busy and my wife thinks it looks very good (she can somehow tell whether a place is good by looking at it - don't know how but she's always right when it comes to food)

Near sirimangkalajarn rd

It was not "just' love at first sight. Beside the basil leaves fried with minced meat and the tom yom soup I ate and found them to be goodf. I have been observing the food my next table ordered. There are a group of nearly 10 people all like office workers after work. They had about 8 dishes and all look good.

Ok. This one past the first traffic light, and then ? Need to turn to the left ? The one I saw is much bigger than a street stand. There are at least 6 tables of minimum 4 seats each. I remember there is a divider beside where I sit seprating from the lane or road. It looks like a permament old stall to me. Prices are cheap too.

I've had it made with yellow curry, scallion (green onion or spring onion), garlic, egg and hard shell crabs and other times with onions , but as in most cuisines there can be regional differences and I've found here that they can even make a dish different next door due to family recipes. Try Googling "Thai Crab with Yellow Curry" or "Boo Paht Pong Karee" (or Poo Pad Pong Gari etc.)

i think the place is called hansa house. it advertises steak coffee with a small sign on Huay Kaew and is at the end of the soi which has tmb bank on the corner in Huay Kaew. i must walk past this place 2 or 3 times a day and have yet to see a customer in there! all the locals seem to go to the place about 20 metres to the left on the corner

i think the place is called hansa house. it advertises steak coffee with a small sign on Huay Kaew and is at the end of the soi which has tmb bank on the corner in Huay Kaew. i must walk past this place 2 or 3 times a day and have yet to see a customer in there! all the locals seem to go to the place about 20 metres to the left on the corner

Thank you. is this place you mention also towards the left of Kad Suan Keaw as I come out of it ? This 20 metres is to the left of "which" corner ?

Please help me to find my place back.

I will give a dinner treat to anyone who can help me to locate it :D