Arabs In South Pattaya

wild1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years ago, I was a volunteer English teacher at the Disabled School in Pattaya Klang. One Sunday, I threw half a dozen of my students into my pickup, and asked them where they wanted to eat lunch. Much to my surprise, they opted for Middle Eastern food. None of them had ever tried it before, but I'd been revving them up about being adventurous with new food.

I pulled up outside one of the Restaurants in Second Road, and as I was wrestling the wheelchairs out of the pickup, two swathy buggars materialised from the restaurant. They sized up the situation..and proceeded to take over. They lifted all the students into wheelchairs, and happily pushed them into the Restaurant. Tables were pushed together, chairs moved. Nothing was too much trouble.They explained the dishes to the kids--in English. They packed all the kids back into the pickup, when it was time to go.They were GREAT. They treated those kids impeccably...NO..they treated the kids with kindness, respect and love.

Ever since that day, I've wondered how many rabid anti-Arab falang among us have any idea, that like falang...all Men of Middle Eastern Appearance..are not the same.

Open yer eyes boys, and while yer at it...open yer hearts.

A couple of years ago, I was a volunteer English teacher at the Disabled School in Pattaya Klang. One Sunday, I threw half a dozen of my students into my pickup, and asked them where they wanted to eat lunch. Much to my surprise, they opted for Middle Eastern food. None of them had ever tried it before, but I'd been revving them up about being adventurous with new food.

I pulled up outside one of the Restaurants in Second Road, and as I was wrestling the wheelchairs out of the pickup, two swathy buggars materialised from the restaurant. They sized up the situation..and proceeded to take over. They lifted all the students into wheelchairs, and happily pushed them into the Restaurant.  Tables were pushed together, chairs moved. Nothing was too much trouble.They explained the dishes to the kids--in English. They packed all the kids back into the pickup, when it was time to go.They were GREAT. They treated those kids impeccably...NO..they treated the kids with kindness, respect and love.

Ever since that day, I've wondered how many rabid anti-Arab falang among us have any idea, that like falang...all Men of Middle Eastern Appearance..are not the same.

Yes it`s nice to hear of a positive experience like this. :o

I pulled up outside one of the Restaurants in Second Road, and as I was wrestling the wheelchairs out of the pickup, two swathy buggars materialised from the restaurant. They sized up the situation..and proceeded to take over. They lifted all the students into wheelchairs, and happily pushed them into the Restaurant.  Tables were pushed together, chairs moved. Nothing was too much trouble.They explained the dishes to the kids--in English. They packed all the kids back into the pickup, when it was time to go.They were GREAT. They treated those kids impeccably...NO..they treated the kids with kindness, respect and love.

This is all getting a bit emotional now...  :D  :o  :D

I often go to the persian restaurants and eat because I like persian and arabian food.

The majority of the arabs that roam the bars near Marine are rude and ignorant and do not know how to respect the women etc (especially the french/ arabs). If I encounter rude people I return with the same treatment, If someone is polite then i will be polite back.

Arabs are allowed in The Blues Factory I have no reason to not let them in, They normally come in and look around and then walk out again. Most gogo's will not let them in.

I've grown up around Arabs and also worked with them, I have a very good friend who is a Saudi Sheik (he's more westernised) and a great guy.

And as for Zaz :o

My comments are based on my experience of owning a bar on the edge of the arab section, if you are'nt happy with my comments then I suppose i'll get over it.

It's not personal Dave. I do actually agree with most of what you say. I also think it's just in their very nature to be arrogant and not know that they're being arrogant if you know what I mean. Arab history also shows that their men have always shown little respect for women too so that doesn't surprise me either.

At the end of the day we're all here together and if we make an effort to get on we all can and will get on. Being cold towards people of particular descent for the sake of it isn't really the way forward. Of course it can be difficult sometimes. There are people of particular regions that I don't like (!) but I also bear in mind that they're not all the same and therefore let them get on woth it.

The great thing about multi-cultural environments is that you can learn more from each other and know what everyone is really like and even talk about things that you may not like about each other too so that people may change their ways if they feel it can make a big difference.

I often go to the persian restaurants and eat because I like persian and arabian food.

The majority of the arabs that roam the bars near Marine are rude and ignorant and do not know how to respect the women etc (especially the french/ arabs). If I encounter rude people I return with the same treatment, If someone is polite then i will be polite back.

Arabs are allowed in The Blues Factory I have no reason to not let them in, They normally come in and look around and then walk out again. Most gogo's will not let them in.

I've grown up around Arabs and also worked with them, I have a very good friend who is a Saudi Sheik (he's more westernised) and a great guy.

And as for Zaz :o

My comments are based on my experience of owning a bar on the edge of the arab section, if you are'nt happy with my comments then I suppose i'll get over it.

It's not personal Dave. I do actually agree with most of what you say. I also think it's just in their very nature to be arrogant and not know that they're being arrogant if you know what I mean. Arab history also shows that their men have always shown little respect for women too so that doesn't surprise me either.

At the end of the day we're all here together and if we make an effort to get on we all can and will get on. Being cold towards people of particular descent for the sake of it isn't really the way forward. Of course it can be difficult sometimes. There are people of particular regions that I don't like (!) but I also bear in mind that they're not all the same and therefore let them get on woth it.

The great thing about multi-cultural environments is that you can learn more from each other and know what everyone is really like and even talk about things that you may not like about each other too so that people may change their ways if they feel it can make a big difference.

Agreed,

As i said i go to the restaurants etc and they are fine but the type that hang around the bars are horrible.

I agree its wrong to label everybody the same. :D

All i can say is, i love 'em

their ways their trust and their word, as for all the other bastards who kill and maim people i say we should all just take care where-ever we are.

And the way they treat their women is magnificent i know a couple of TG's who wouldn't go with westerners and would rather go with arabs due to the respect and of corse the money but all in all they are just happy at the way they are treated with these guys

some tg's go to dubai and bahrain and qatar and are really heart-broken when they come back, not because they are treated as slaves but because they actually start falling for these guys, !!

now i wonder is it the money or the size that matters....other than thati've never heard of any complaints by tg's :D

and guys let me just say these guys really know how to take care of women and really show incredible respect.... :D

And by the way thais' and arabs are all asians and are very close in customs, :o

I actually have a close friend in England who is a muslim and I don't believe in racism against them because of the current events. You'd be suprised how many people there are like me who are not rasists Wild1.

These guys are not fanatics :o neither are they religious :D their what i call players and on a large scale..

and it's not about being racist, it's the hate looks these guys get from most farangs living in pattaya.

i tell u only the good guys go Pattaya....(hmmm) well i hope at least

i was really amazed actually .

Only good guys go to Pattaya , thats an oxymoron if i have ever heard one , they are setting you up run away . Youre next . hahahahah :D

their ways their trust and their word, as for all the other bastards who kill and maim people i say we should all just take care where-ever we are.

And the way they treat their women is magnificent i know a couple of TG's who wouldn't go with westerners and would rather go with arabs due to the respect and of corse the money but all in all they are just happy at the way they are treated with these guys

some tg's go to dubai and bahrain and qatar and are really heart-broken when they come back, not because they are treated as slaves but because they actually start falling for these guys, !!

now i wonder is it the money or the size that matters....other than thati've never heard of any complaints by tg's  :D

and guys let me just say these guys really know how to take care of women and really show incredible respect.... :D

And by the way thais' and arabs are all asians and are very close in customs,  :o

...Sounds as though you are about to marry one :D

now i wonder is it the money or the size that matters....other than thati've never heard of any complaints by tg's  :D

And by the way thais' and arabs are all asians and are very close in customs,  :o

WOULD SURE LOVE TO

WOULD SURE LOVE TO

HEY HO! .....NOW WE KNOW :D

I have had a residence visa in the UAE for the last 12 years, I have met arabs good and bad, honestly mostly good.

I also have lived in Pattaya on and off for the last 5 years (and been going there for 12) and I used to drink in the beer bars on soi 9 beach road. I used to meet some Omani guys regularly who were sound as a pound. Got to know them quite well, and they were just the same as anyone else. Then they brought some new freinds, well if any of you know the bars there, the pisser was right up the back of the car park.

I walked back one night from the hong nam and there was this bedu squatting between the cars having a crap in a puddle. I was totally pissed off and told the security who quickly kicked his arse out of the complex.

When I told his Omani mates..............."well he is not one of us""

There is good and bad wherever you go and too be honest the last JD makes me forget why I started replying to this thread...................3 days and counting ! ! !

and guys let me just say these guys really know how to take care of women and really show incredible respect.... 
And by the way thais' and arabs are all asians and are very close in customs, 

:o Any other little gems you want to come out with before i go to bed?

What by taking it up the jacksee?

You are not serious I hope?

It IS the minority, ask the thai's! :o

Fully agree - Thai women would rather leg it than go home w/arab. Ask why and response is always Bad MAN. :D

I think they are B@st@rds and you can quote me on that.....The same goes for the French Nationality algerians, morrocans....They sell hash, steal cars,bikes  in Europe, come here and act like big shots....They know nothing of Thailand and its ways, and they my friend have the most racial views in regards to Asians...They are loud and arrogant.

i think we should all get to know each other after all we are all here for 1thing at-least we have some-thing in common......

Well, we know why you are here " laughs and p*ssy..". I have lived here for 11 yrs (I was 22 yrs old) and they were not my motivations to stay here...

Just because they can spend $400 a day, doesn't make them any better.

Zaz, you goodie two shoes, for your information I am NOT reffering to ALL ARABS, as you can see from my post. I am speaking of the kind of loud, rude aggressive crowd which comes here to cause trouble without any regards for others and mainly their hosts the Thai people. Of course there are very nice people from the middle eatsern part of the world, unfortunately not many of them make it to Pattaya. I am also speaking from bad experiences, along with many Thai friends...

They may or may not have racist views towards others, what do you know? 

Edited by Scouse.

Arab culture is an interesting and complex one. One can find much to admire in their art and poetry and numerous expressions of that culture.

What you do not find in arab culture is a notion of respect for women as most membres of this forum would understand it and infact the notion of respect has been perverted in my view to such abusive practicises as the wearing of the Burqua. What you will also find is the notion of the Kafir , the unbeliever ( that means you dear reader unless you are the right kind of muslim ) and further a fundemental rejection of alegal system which does not eminate from Mohammed the last law giving.

In my personal experience I have nothing but contempt for the Arabs its been my misfortune to cross paths with in Pattaya and you know what they have nothing but contemp for me and my value system and more to the pont for Thai people .

Example 1. Two lads in Tops running around to Thai lady shopers saying do you do the sex I give you 20 Baht. 2 One distressed bar girl in the street surrounded by a group of guys being a nosey git I put my nose in and found the girl was distressed as having been barfind and agreeing 500 Baht for a short time shag she was not happy that matey expected her to shag his 6 mates also yes 7 shags for a grand total of 500 baht. When one prat told me to go away she just Thai prostitute the smack in the mouth he got was exceeedingly well deserved .

Example 3 4 5 etc Sorry I cant be arsed

Racism should be properly defined as making unwaranted assumptions about someone merly on account of someones race. If there is such a thing such as Arab culture and I think there is then its defining carecteristics are common. ( unlike a previous poster I would not agree that a defining characteristic is dope dealing or stealing )

I see little to like in those defining characteristics which manifest themselves in Thailand in contemptuos behaviour towards Thais and non arabs alike.

Richard

Fully agree - Thai women would rather leg it than go home w/arab. Ask why and response is always Bad MAN. :D

I concur. I have lived in Saudi and Kuwait and let me tell you, it's not only the women that they treat like Sh*te. They treat everyone like Sh*te and the poor Bangladeshi's and Phillipeno's are at the bottom. That is my REAL experience, so much so, that i said stuff your tax free salary, I'm out of here :D

By the sounds of it perhaps those Arabs you guys have had first hand encounters with are down right louts - but do you reckon a similar description can be said of our good old football hooligans and lager louts when they're abroad representing the Union Jack? I wonder if people look at them in disgust and anger and say "Those English people..."

Agree with mrbojanlges, in the MidEast countries they do look down on foreigners from other Asian countries - this just highlights their arrogance.

At the end of the day what can you do? A difficult one.

Teenage sailors during Cobra Gold are a bunch or <deleted> too

I was in living dolls showcase and there were a bunch of american guys sitting next to us (by their haircuts I would guess that they were Yank soldiers) :D

Anyway they were acting like total pricks, A guy in front of us was talking to a friend when one of these guys stood up and was acting out the hand job movement then saying rather loudly "I just came on his shirt" firstly that is'nt even funny :D and secondly what a twatish thing to do anyway, The guy at the receiving end was'nt amused but he still just frowned at them and went.

Stupid boys :o

I was in living dolls showcase and there were a bunch of american guys sitting next to us (by their haircuts I would guess that they were Yank soldiers) :D

Anyway they were acting like total pricks, A guy in front of us was talking to a friend when one of these guys stood up and was acting out the hand job movement then saying rather loudly "I just came on his shirt" firstly that is'nt even funny :D and secondly what a twatish thing to do anyway, The guy at the receiving end was'nt amused but he still just frowned at them and went.

Stuff like that gives us teens a bad name

But, Dave, they're just teenagers. What were you like at that age? I was in the school rugby XV and shudder at some of the things we used to do. (And that went on while I was in senior rugby with Wasps, as well).

This ain't the same as the guys who hang around behind your back door in marine Plaza, or in the whole of the Middle East. I have spent 12 years or more in Saudi, 10+ in Libya, a couple in the UAE and I wouldn't give you the pickings from my nose for any one of them. Arrogant, racist, colourist (even among themselves, the lighter-skinned you are, the greater respect you receive). There are exceptions - Mohammed Sharbatly (the banana king of Saudi) is a real gentleman and his wife is also a cultured lady. But their sons are pr1cks - saw the eldest son one evening - drunk-in-charge of a car - trying to run down for Indian workers. The middle son keeps a rifle in his bedroom for shooting at dogs, cats and foreigners going past his villa in Jeddah. The youngest still stays with mum and dad.

I am no bit fan of the US, but I find it remarkeble that you can have thousands of young guys like these sailers, going out in a place like Pattay getting themself plasterd, and yet not have much trouble. I have seem some of them act like idiots, but as another poster said here, they are young, and most of us were probably no better at that age. Have spoken to some of the older ones, and found them to be nice felles.

I'd much rather be in a bar with a bunch of partying US sailors than their British or Australian counterparts. :o

But, Dave, they're just teenagers. What were you like at that age? I was in the school rugby XV and shudder at some of the things we used to do. (And that went on while I was in senior rugby with Wasps, as well).

This ain't the same as the guys who hang around behind your back door in marine Plaza, or in the whole of the Middle East. I have spent 12 years or more in Saudi, 10+ in Libya, a couple in the UAE and I wouldn't give you the pickings from my nose for any one of them. Arrogant, racist, colourist (even among themselves, the lighter-skinned you are, the greater respect you receive). There are exceptions - Mohammed Sharbatly (the banana king of Saudi) is a real gentleman and his wife is also a cultured lady. But their sons are pr1cks - saw the eldest son one evening - drunk-in-charge of a car - trying to run down for Indian workers. The middle son keeps a rifle in his bedroom for shooting at dogs, cats and foreigners going past his villa in Jeddah. The youngest still stays with mum and dad.

Same family as Sheik Saud Hassan Sharbatly, Father has around 4 wives, and 20 odd children?

If so my old mans been his lawyer in London for over 30 years.

Are you familiar with the Al Dahlawi's, Al Haroon etc. :D

So far so good, but can we keep this one on the straight and narrow, folks, not descending into racism etc.

Scouse.

You mean racism towards those Manchester fans ? Or the Chelsea fans ? Or soccer (footie) fans in general ? :D

Hockey RULES ! Bring on the ICE !!!!

Now here you are really showing your ignorance and prejudice.

Anyone from a civilised country knows that footie means Aussie Rules. Soccer is that game for Pommie Poofters and all thos other decadent Europeans.

I did'nt know you were a aussie :D

I thought you were one of us. :D:o

Born in UK, raised in UK - wandered the world for forty years (Moses ain't got nuffink on me) - played rugby for nigh on fifty years. But I would have been playing Aussie Rules if I'd known about it. Spent many years in Oz, a part of Melbourne called Collingwood.

And you know bl00dy well I'm one of us, not one of them!