Mountain Front Condo

nitram

I am coming up to CM next month and I would like to know if anyone can point me in the direction of the Mountain Front Condo or even the Mountain View Condo.

I cannot understand the web site that gives a vague area and all inquiries fall on deaf ears.

Thanks in advance

BREAK-BREAK-BREAK. Correction:

my old picture wasn't good enough. It seems I didn't realize MountainFRONT and MountainVIEW were 2 (two) different buildings at the same or neighboring sites. In fact on their website they don't show at all that MountainVIEW will possibly obstruct the views of MountainFRONT, at least for the ones in the Northern wing. Maybe that's why they don't like to give too much information on the whereabouts of each building.

mountainfront.jpg

Another fact is that the picture beneath of MountainFRONT is outdated or maybe altered.

mountainfrontpix.jpg

understandably the folks selling condo's in that area are going to hype up the natural appeal of the trees and mountains but that is natural balance is changing fast.

Anyone living in that area is going to endure a lot of new construction noise and dirt.

Not to mention the little existing roads are going to have to be widened and improved to support the growing population. Oh snap this is Thailand.. Will probably not improve the roads at all until it's a stunt drivers gridlock.

Instead of speculating about the view and what may be blocked, why not go down there and see for your self?? The new building is not blocking any mountain view for the first building, mountain front. And so what if they used an edited photo of marketing....I fail to see the relevance of this.

I apologize if my observation and thoughts caused you irritation but really I didn't say it is blocking the mountain view, I said "MountainVIEW will possibly obstruct the views of MountainFRONT, at least for the ones in the Northern wing." [of the MountainFront building] What's wrong about it? What caused your irritation?

Regarding the relevance: If I was to pay 7 Million Baht for a condo in a lush green environment as shown in their brochures and where a year later 2/3 of the view turns out to be right onto a building called "Mountainview", it would be relevant to me. Also, if on a picture you see a building in a completely green environment and later on turns out to be standing next to other building sites, I'd call this "relevant".

Regarding going there and looking for myself: well, I did. And gladly share the views with you. Actually, I am impressed on fast they go on and the building quality of MountainFront seems to be quite good.

5214089054_be3ec88d29_m.jpg5213474577_9e1cda9e9e_m.jpg5213494951_0ab7ed7ec3_m.jpg5214089592_bd3b260253_m.jpg

Anyone living in that area is going to endure a lot of new construction noise and dirt.

Yep' date=' they are whining around already ;):

[img']http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5166/5213496267_e61845b605_m.jpg[/img]

Nevertheless, I would be disappointed if I would have bought a condo hoping to have views into the lush green and then seeing that the same builder puts another building right next to it which obstructs the views of some of the condos. Even if I would have bought on the southern side, I'd ask myself: what are they going to build there next?

Bigger pix on link to FLICKR

it's just the beginning. This will be an orgy of developers cashing in with a pump and dump investment story.

In a year or two it will be wall to wall condo's and those before photo's will be fascinating and quaint.

If you want to live in a new little city and deal with construction noise, dust and stink for a few years then go for it..

I doubt the early "ground floor buyers" will do well when the supply overbuilds.... Anyone want to lay odds on the convention center being a white elephant like the Night Safari?

I would say if you dabble in condos near the new convention center then flip your unit and get out before the bigger fools get caught holding the bag.

There are so many lots there primed for development with no or little value houses that I suspect the area will all develop until investors/money launderers decide the party is over.

Too bad as that WAS one of the nicest little areas with a nice balance of nature and convenience.