Condo Rental Problem

BlueEasySleep

Recently rented a condo in The Royal Place in Kathu

It was all handled through the office lady who works downstairs

Before moving in, she said the internet would be working within a few days no problem (can only use government TOT because the building is not wired for any other company), the gym would be open within 10 days (just waiting for a QC check), and the bathroom door would be fixed by maintenance ASAP.

Now it's been a week and half and the internet will not be up for a couple more weeks, the gym for probably a month or more, and the bathroom door perhaps never. Beyond that, it's been a real annoyance to even get small things taken care of; I still don't have my second keycard for the front door.

The office lady earned a commission off me moving in, which is likely the reason she was less than honest.

I asked to speak to the manager about these things and was told I cannot ("she's very busy"). Asked if the deposit money could be returned if I moved out and was told no.

What's my best course of action for either 1) getting these things taken care of or 2) getting my deposit back and moving elsewhere.

Edited by BlueEasySleep

find an other place. When you are ready to leave.. Break more stuff than your deposit is worth.

Smile and hand your keys in.

Nah, that's not nice.

Best to quietly leave your keys in the door - after you've superglued it in the lock.

You probably begged bullies in school to beat you evenly on both side

What's your contract say in regards to all the promises the agent made? If the contract backs you up, you have a legal leg to stand on, but if it's, he said she said, there's really not much legally you can do. Perhaps letting them know that you'll let everyone and sundry know your experience on the internet and will name names might help them settle.

Not looking to create problems, just want to do what I can.

For a non completed project with verbal promises to complete, its not much to be done.

Ask politely if there is some way to get your deposit back on moving out, or wait to see if it gets better/completed. Do not trust a deposit to be refunded after moving out, cash on key delivery can work

So 2 days after asking to speak to the manager and saying I was going to ask the condo owner about moving out, the internet is miraculously working and I should have my 2nd keycard shortly.

I guess potentially losing commission is a motivator.

I sure do miss Lumpini Place in Bangkok. They could handle anything easy. Once I dropped my keys down the elevator shaft and within 10 minutes they had stopped the elevator and sent a man down to the bottom to get them.

Edited by BlueEasySleep