Jatujak

Deserted

Hi guys, could anyone recommend a good apt nearish to Jatujak park. I'd consider Lad Prao, but not too far along. I don't want to pay more than 10k a month. I'd consider anywhere within distance of the sky train or underground.

Many thanks

Walk around Saphan Kwai Area at the junction closed to Big C. This are is quite Thai area. So don't expect western style apartments and surroundings like on Sukhumvit but for 10.000 You can get a very good place for that amount of money.

Only consider getting a Apartment in the first 100m of a Soi so you save money on the motorcycle.

Thanks. I used to live in that area but found it to be a bit overcrowded, so I thought I'd move to the leafier suburbs of Jatujak. I'm not in Thailand at the moment so can't find out for myself, its also been a few years since I round that way, so perhaps there's new places opened up.

Bangkok is overcrowded everywhere if you dont life far away in the suburbs 2 hours from the city. Aound central Ladprao Union mall there might be some option as well but you are surrounded by very heavy traffic roads and a lot of pollution.

Opposite chatuchak on the other side of the road you only have BTS Parking and goverment buildings.

Behind Chatuchak there are only cheap crap thai apartment for somewhere between 2000 - 4000

Hope this helps

Bangkok is overcrowded everywhere if you dont life far away in the suburbs 2 hours from the city. Aound central Ladprao Union mall there might be some option as well but you are surrounded by very heavy traffic roads and a lot of pollution.

Opposite chatuchak on the other side of the road you only have BTS Parking and goverment buildings.

Behind Chatuchak there are only cheap crap thai apartment for somewhere between 2000 - 4000

Hope this helps

Yep. I go to the parks often, there's not much there. I think they are building a condo right across from Chatuchak now, also one next to Suan Rot Fai. But you have to wait a few years... Behind the BTS parking and the Thai Department of Transportation there's a quiet under-developed area. It's between Viphavadi and Phoyothin - there's a triangle.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=map+bangkok&ie=UTF8&hl=en&hq=&hnear=Bangkok,+Thailand&ll=13.802866,100.559278&spn=0.031799,0.049438&z=15

What about over in Bang Su close to the MRT station? That must be cheaper and it's quieter.

Hope this helps

Yep. I go to the parks often, there's not much there. I think they are building a condo right across from Chatuchak now, also one next to Suan Rot Fai. But you have to wait a few years... Behind the BTS parking and the Thai Department of Transportation there's a quiet under-developed area. It's between Viphavadi and Phoyothin - there's a triangle.

http://maps.google.c...9,0.049438&z=15

What about over in Bang Su close to the MRT station? That must be cheaper and it's quieter.

I have lived in that area during 2 month. This area around the MRT station Bangsue is a 100% Thai area. When I lived there I didn't see any other expats and absolutely nobody speaks even a word of English so unless you have't been living before in a similar area and you speak some Thai it is not a good choice.

Basically if you don't have a car and you want to have access to MRT or BTS there is not much of choice. Specially if you don't have the money to live closed to one of the main parks in the center

Hi guys, just to reiterate, it is only apartments + telephone numbers that posters have lived in, that I am interested in. When I first came to BKK I spent several years in Jatujak and liked the area. Thanks for the input but I don't need info on the area. It was only recommended apartments that I'm interested in.

Thanks