Foreign Manufacturers Ripping Off Thai Brands

webfact

Why doesn't that reporter from the Nation write about the rampant manufacturing, distribution and selling of pirated goods in Thailand that is causing millions of dollars in losses to foreign companies. The products range is so extensive these days, not only fashion, luxury goods but also cosmetics, skincare, perfums, foodstuffs and medical products. According to an online report, Thailand these days is a hub for fake medical and pharmaceutical products including things like hormones, glutathione, collagen,etc.

It seems that this government and the locals are getting more and more xenophobic and only blaming foreigners for everything. It time that the stupid foreigners stop coming to Thailand and also start boycotting everything Thai and if possible find ways to create more eceonomic hardships for these people. Lobby your governments to also stop all investments and aid to this xenophobic country.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the land of counterfeit everything, it's nice to see one of the bigger fish getting a fin eaten off by someone else. Turnabhout's fair play, karma, plaenty of ways to see this. One benefit is that this big fish, might instigate a stronger anti-counterfeiting pcuh with the powers that be, just because of this.

... nah. TIT.

And if the big fish pushes, then it might look like a dog running around in circles trying to bite its own tail.

uncletom

Well, they do something about and law enforcement working to reduce it.

Except you are some xenophobe racist who stereotype all Thais and blame all for what a few have done there is no reason to say any Thai patent/copyright holder has lost his right to complain because of the other pirates.

People make such silly and thoughtless comments will telling for sure here other stories how and unwelcome foreigners are or that they are always get ripped off. But that is probably only a karma like payback for this ugly mindset.

All this CDs - everyone know that is a copy, but when it comes to food products like drinks and and seasoning products fake products bearing a much greater risk like the health of the costumer.

Sergei, walk along Sukhumvit, or go to Fortune or Pantip or MBK. The Thais are doing very little about copyright and counterfeits. Nothing racist or xenophobic about it.

You cannot say they do nothing, nor can you blame one Thai for the wrongdoings of another Thai and say its their fault. That is stereotyping.

And because more than a few arrogant foreigners made such thoughtless comments here doesn't mean that these remarks are correct or acceptable.

It seems that this government and the locals are getting more and more xenophobic and only blaming foreigners for everything. It time that the stupid foreigners stop coming to Thailand and also start boycotting everything Thai and if possible find ways to create more eceonomic hardships for these people. Lobby your governments to also stop all investments and aid to this xenophobic country.

Yep, how about to start with boycotting "Bizconsultsiam".

Red Bull is not Thai, it is Austrian. Kating Daeng is Thai.

Technically correct. The owner of Krathing Daeng sold the rights to Red Bull to the Austrian guy, in exchange for a percentage of the take. The Thai guy (can't remember his name) has a son who still owns shares in the world wide Red Bull operation. The company is Austrian (except for in Thailand) but Thai started/founded, if it matters at all.

Somehow my "ignore" list has malfunctioned and I am receiving your banal posts again, but I'm fixing it - boycotting SergeiY you could say!

How amusing that the thread has generated into an argument over a nasty beverage that makes bogus claims. All about marketing hype, much like the need to own a "gucci". Thailand isn't in a position to claim victim status with its widescale pharmaceutical counterfeiting business. Oh to be a fly on the wall when a Thai complains to another asian nation about illegal copying. I note that the foreigners referenced do not include the evil Americans, or colonial British or henious Huns or dastardly Dutch etc., etc. It's just the region's loveable friendly purveyors of international friendship, the Chinese and the good ole Malaysians, who I'm sure are affiliated with the Chinese wheelers and dealers. I don't seem to have received the memo about shedding a tear. I'll make a note to shed one next week. In the meantime, I'll leave you to Sergei and his special opinions. Wherever there is an argument, you're sure to find him. :D

How amusing that the thread has generated into an argument over a nasty beverage that makes bogus claims. All about marketing hype, much like the need to own a "gucci". Thailand isn't in a position to claim victim status with its widescale pharmaceutical counterfeiting business. Oh to be a fly on the wall when a Thai complains to another asian nation about illegal copying. I note that the foreigners referenced do not include the evil Americans, or colonial British or henious Huns or dastardly Dutch etc., etc. It's just the region's loveable friendly purveyors of international friendship, the Chinese and the good ole Malaysians, who I'm sure are affiliated with the Chinese wheelers and dealers. I don't seem to have received the memo about shedding a tear. I'll make a note to shed one next week. In the meantime, I'll leave you to Sergei and his special opinions. Wherever there is an argument, you're sure to find him. :D

It are private companies that complain about product piracy and not Thailand as whole. And you are not in the position to dismiss or judge about it if these claims are legit or not.

Somehow my "ignore" list has malfunctioned and I am receiving your banal posts again, but I'm fixing it - boycotting SergeiY you could say!

pfff

If you are with Bizconsultsiam and start to boycotting everything Thai than you should also refrain from making any further comments on Thaivisaforum, pack your bag go home and rant about immigrants and foreigners over there.

Bye, bye!

Could this be karma?

Why would it be karma? Care to explain?

Because look at every corner, copy of something is sold(locally made). DVD, CD, Clothing.

Also i do not know the history but i thought Red Bull was NOT a Thai company.Krating Daeng is a Thai company. Also i think locals have copied the logo.

I once exported Kraeting Daeng tshirts with their logo and ran into trouble with Red Bull Australia for copyright.

Red Bull, from the 1970's, is a Thai company. The global giant everyone is familiar with is 51% Thai owned and 49% owned by Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian marketing whiz. He initially obtained the European and North American rights. Red Bull Thailand makes a few million from domestic sales, but billions internationally under Mr. Mateschitz.

Each market/country distributor may also be the product licensee which would have the rights to sell logo merchandise.

Your Krating Daeng shirts were most likely counterfeits too as the Thai company did not directly sell merchandise to the consumer market unless it was during promotional events. Only once did they have an official airport outlet (Don Muang) years ago.

Edited by tomyummer

Could this be karma?

I think what he/she means is that what goes around comes around. Thais have been pirating things for years and now something of thier own is being pirated. Go to any market and you can buy Guchi for 100 baht or any of the latest DVD's even before they have been released.

Well, they do something about and law enforcement working to reduce it.

Except you are some xenophobe racist who stereotype all Thais and blame all for what a few have done there is no reason to say any Thai patent/copyright holder has lost his right to complain because of the other pirates.

People make such silly and thoughtless comments will telling for sure here other stories how and unwelcome foreigners are or that they are always get ripped off. But that is probably only a karma like payback for this ugly mindset.

All this CDs - everyone know that is a copy, but when it comes to food products like drinks and and seasoning products fake products bearing a much greater risk like the health of the costumer.

Not your style sergiY to be so accurate with your post. particularly with your profiling. I about fell on the floor laughing when I read that bit about "every corner" Clearly the man has to get out more.

As for karma well that may be but to justify that statement one would have to use it to justify the double pricing here.B)

Just to throw in my own ignorant comment

This in country where I can buy a Rolex for next to nothing.:rolleyes::cheesy::cheesy: cheesy yes I know.

Also i do not know the history but i thought Red Bull was NOT a Thai company.Krating Daeng is a Thai company. Also i think locals have copied the logo.

I once exported Kraeting Daeng tshirts with their logo and ran into trouble with Red Bull Australia for copyright.

Red Bull is a original Thai product. Red bull Thai also hold more than 50% shares of this international red bull company from Austria. The Thai owner is one of the richest.

Do you get some really genuine T-Shirt from the red bull Thai company or some fakes form Khao san road where just someone printed the company logo on a T-shirt? And even thought you would have some really genuine T.shirts from the Thai red bull company, it doesn't has to mean they are 'genuine' in Australia too, you don't hold the brand rights there and if the holder of the brand rights didn't gave you a license to distribute and sell that product such grey imports can be easily declared to fake.

and how do you know about copyrights in Australia?

Well, how do you gain your knowledge? Dreams? Fantasies? Some bloke in a bar told you?

Foreign manufacturers ripping off Thai brands - BAD

Thai manufacturers ripping off Foreign brands - Mai Pen Rai

Thai's have been ripping off and plagiarizing from foreign brand for years. Copyright is just another word here that means nothing. That is unless the Thai's are on the receiving end. If you are serious about copyright infringements, stop all the copyright violations at Pantip, MBK, JJ and basically everywhere else in Thailand.

If not stop ranting like a spoilt brat.

In the land of counterfeit everything, it's nice to see one of the bigger fish getting a fin eaten off by someone else. Turnabhout's fair play, karma, plaenty of ways to see this. One benefit is that this big fish, might instigate a stronger anti-counterfeiting pcuh with the powers that be, just because of this.

... nah. TIT.

Racist and their stereotypes are out in full force. Always the same members can be seen with their little arrogant rants about Thailand.

His comment is a fact, not a stereotype or racism. Fake goods are sold everywhere here, a mere observation for those with vision. What goes around comes around, truly.

Red Bull is a original Thai product. Red bull Thai also hold more than 50% shares of this international red bull company from Austria. The Thai owner is one of the richest.

Do you get some really genuine T-Shirt from the red bull Thai company or some fakes form Khao san road where just someone printed the company logo on a T-shirt? And even thought you would have some really genuine T.shirts from the Thai red bull company, it doesn't has to mean they are 'genuine' in Australia too, you don't hold the brand rights there and if the holder of the brand rights didn't gave you a license to distribute and sell that product such grey imports can be easily declared to fake.

Well, how do you gain your knowledge? Dreams? Fantasies? Some bloke in a bar told you?

may be no one taught you but grown up people do not answer a question with a question.

... nah. TIT.

Racist and their stereotypes are out in full force. Always the same members can be seen with their little arrogant rants about Thailand.

are you sure you're posting replies in the right thread serge?

i don't see any unfair stereortyping or racism here - i HAVE elsewhere, but not here.

beware of crying wolf so to speak old boy, people might stop taking you seriously :whistling:

Edited by joe ekkamai

Just to put things into a more equal perspective. Reference the TV topic concerning Thai patents/inventions and you may have a feel for for how "typical Thai" this original topic is. When you have been caught with your hand in the cookie jar so many times and then you complain when someone gets some of the crumbs, yes it can be laughable. when you have policed your own garden, then you may have time to look around at others

Note to self - you have to log in or your ignore list doesn't work!

Why havn't they complained about those bloody Aussie companies ripping off their Rip Curl, Quicksilver and Billabong labels? :blink:

Just out of curiosity. Does any of this make sense when you have the main poster on ignore?

I would find it some what one sided and confusing. It is not as if the man was always wrong.

That being said there are some posters here I would like to put on ignore but they might get lucky and say some thing intelligent.B)

It's not so much a matter of copyright, but rather of trademarks. And the much more complicated question of exhaustion of rights.

Usually, if you buy a genuine product from the trademark owner or with his consent, you can bring it to any other country in the world, the trademark owner's right have been exhausted once you acquired it legally.

Things may be different, if you want to sell these products again in large quantities. In some countries, this is no problem if you legally acquired the products abroad. Thailand is such a country. That's why gray market imports are legal in Thailand.

In other countries this might be different, you have to check locally.

may be no one taught you but grown up people do not answer a question with a question.

Now you are getting ridiculous.

when asked for facts your answer is always a question. You defiantly need to get of the Walking street in Pattiya and Khosahan road in Bangkok.:D

Could this be karma?

I think what he/she means is that what goes around comes around. Thais have been pirating things for years and now something of thier own is being pirated. Go to any market and you can buy Guchi for 100 baht or any of the latest DVD's even before they have been released.

I think he knew... got Ya..!!!

Som Nam Na ;)

Can do nothing but smile when i hear a thai brand is being copied..... Even better would be for a Chinese brand to be copied, but there's none worth coping....

isn't that the truth! Haha. But be careful not to offend our dear reader Sergei nor his crony Jesse Jackson, it could sound "racist and stereotypical." Haha

Now you are getting ridiculous.

when asked for facts your answer is always a question. You defiantly need to get of the Walking street in Pattiya and Khosahan road in Bangkok.:D

Oh JayJay , once again a poor attempt at personal insult. If i actually took anything you posted serious, i would possibly take an offense.

PS. Nice job removing the original question, for those who want to know the original question is in post 46, which questions Sergeys knowledge of Australian copyright laws.

PPS, Can you please share your expertise on how one gets OFF 2 different streets in 2 different cities at the same time? or to make the question little easier for you, how can one be in 2 locations at the same time?

I guess thinking prior to posting always helpswink.gif

Edited by kuffki

Foreign manufacturers ripping off Thai brands - BAD

Thai manufacturers ripping off Foreign brands - Mai Pen Rai

Thai's have been ripping off and plagiarizing from foreign brand for years. Copyright is just another word here that means nothing. That is unless the Thai's are on the receiving end. If you are serious about copyright infringements, stop all the copyright violations at Pantip, MBK, JJ and basically everywhere else in Thailand.

If not stop ranting like a spoilt brat.

Chinese culture influencing through do and show, or through Chinese descent in Thai family.

Anything of the sort ever been traced to come from Israelites or Hebrews?

Sort of a worldly conception sprouting from way back when.

Cavemen: He make fire, "Hey I want fire", I copy.

uncletom