Visa options for a woman married to a Thai

I have a similar situation and am also a little confused.

I am a female, in Thailand on a B visa, do not overstay.

I recently married my Thai fiance, here in Thailand.

My B visa will expire in January, so am unsure if to get another B visa for a Non-immigrant O marriage visa.

I would like the option to be able to work in Thailand, as I currently work for a multi-national, and don't want to have to leave the country if I lose my job in the future.

Questions:

Am I able to work legally, apply for work permits, if here in a Non-O marriage visa?

Do I have to leave the country to apply for the Non-O visa or can the B visa be converted?

What paperwork is required for a foreign female married to a Thai male to get a Non-O marriage visa?

I haven't been able to find the answers to these questions as yet.

I have a similar situation and am also a little confused.

I am a female, in Thailand on a B visa, do not overstay.

I recently married my Thai fiance, here in Thailand.

My B visa will expire in January, so am unsure if to get another B visa for a Non-immigrant O marriage visa.

I would like the option to be able to work in Thailand, as I currently work for a multi-national, and don't want to have to leave the country if I lose my job in the future.

Questions:

Am I able to work legally, apply for work permits, if here in a Non-O marriage visa?

Do I have to leave the country to apply for the Non-O visa or can the B visa be converted?

What paperwork is required for a foreign female married to a Thai male to get a Non-O marriage visa?

I haven't been able to find the answers to these questions as yet.

Answers:

You can get a work permit with extension of stay based on marriage.

You can get extension of stay based on marriage with an non-B.

As said before a female does not have to show income or money in bank.

Paperwork:

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy husbands house registration

6. Copy husbands identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

All of the above in two copies if not in Bangkok.

Hi Redfish, I'm in the same boat, about to change visas early next year to one based on marriage to hubby... I will be applying outside the country as already have a holiday planned and intend to do the visa changeover while we're away...

Will be good to hear how you go in Jan, as I'll be going through the process in Feb.

You can not apply for an extension of stay (which we are talking about) from outside the country. For a visa based on marriage you would need the normal copy of marriage certificate/spouse ID and home register. That should enable a single entry non immigrant O visa at any Consulate and then after 60 days inside Thailand you could extend your stay for one year at Immigration using procedures explained in previous posts.

Nothing to add, PS and Lop have it all done!

But, I would recommend the extension based on marriage as it is not tied to your WP or your job.

So is it better in the long run if I leave and get a new Non-O marriage visa or extend my current B visa now?

when I get and extension of stay based on marriage sometime in the future, do I have to apply for permission to leave and come back every time I leave Thailand?

if so, where do I have to do this?

Paperwork:

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy husbands house registration

6. Copy husbands identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

Thanks for the details Poorsucker.

more questions though:

What is Kor Ror 2 from the amphur?

Does the residency have to be the same place/province as my husbands tabien baan?

He is on the tabien baan from his parents house in their village in a different part of thailand from where we live, we don't own our house here.

I am registered with immigration at the place we live together, and also used that for my thai drivers license which I got last week.

Hi parents house doesn't have a house number on it if we did go there, they live in a very small village amongst rice fields, I don't think our place here has a house number on it either, not that I have ever noticed.

He does not have to own house to have his name on the home register and expect immigration will be expecting you to both be domiciled at the same location (even though they are normally more forgiving for Thai males). You can try as it is but I expect the local immigration office to say do it where he is registered. The KR2 is the copy of the ledger entry made when getting married at the District Office and is presented along with the marriage certificate. Some offices want one time but others seem to want each year as an update that marriage has not ended. Any District Office can print a copy for small fee for recent marriages. As for photos just do your best and explain last of number if that is the case.

The KR2 is the copy of the ledger entry made when getting married at the District Office and is presented along with the marriage certificate.

Do you know what is Kor Ror 2 in Thai?

No one here understands what I am trying to ask for...

Thai writing would definitely help as our amphur is pretty small and not big on english speakers.

My husband doesn't understand my attempts at thai either unless I get my thai tones right (amongst other things)