Secondhand Motorbikes

HansBlinkers

The best place to shop for a used motorbike is the used vehicle swap meet behind Ruamchoak Market. That is the market by Rimping on Maejo Road. People go there to sell their used motorcycles and cars. Prices vary as much as colors and choices of vehicles vary. It is usually on Sundays but might be on Saturdays too. I can't remember.

The best place to shop for a used motorbike is the used vehicle swap meet behind Ruamchoak Market. That is the market by Rimping on Maejo Road. People go there to sell their used motorcycles and cars. Prices vary as much as colors and choices of vehicles vary. It is usually on Sundays but might be on Saturdays too. I can't remember.

It's also Saturdays. The first weekend of the month is usually the best but this weekend was very poor.

There's also the same kind of market down at San Patong where many of the vendors set up for a few hours before moving behind rimping later on. The prices do seem to be better at san patong and so do the prices.

Don't be too quick to think that if a bike is farrang owned thar it will be any better maintained. Lots of farrang have their bikes serviced by the place where it was purchased which means it's maintained by thai's.

Farrang owned is not a big selling point in my opinion.

Also look on the classifieds on here, there are always bikes for sale.

"Choices" - ?

You are confronted with knowing what it is that you are buying. Generally, all bikes for sale have unknown histories. If you have a friend who knows bikes, or if you do, you can check for the usual tell-tale signs (bolt wear, wheel condition for round - it goes on beyond tyres and foot placement locations) and test-ride the bike before buying.

The farang idea usually is this: By looking in the Thai Visa classified listings under motorcycles for this city (there are a few other sites around that are worthwhile as well), you might find for sale a bike that has been owned by only one person. Some posters feel that the mileage, at least, will be fairly represented. Sometimes receipts are offered. Or someone might say that they've owned the bike for xxx years and that it runs well. Receipts again. This goes to provenance.

Hi HansBlinkers. OK bear with me here, the names of places are not my strong point.

I can recommend a place, worth a look: follow the 107 (and stay on it) heading north out of CM, over the super highway, about a kilometer (set of lights, main Junction) go though the light 100 meters, keep a eye out on the right. There is a large place, (road side) that sells all sorts….Everything, There are an HP company and all the things there selling are repossessions from people who can’t keep up repayments. I bought a Click there, mint condition very near new, new price at the time, around 50k, I paid 32k. Lots of bike’s, and other stuff….Happy hunting.