Build Your Own Computer

falkan

Hello

I thought about buying a new computer, but instead of buying a brand computer I wonder if there are pages where you can put together the different parts yourself, which is usually cheaper and you can self-optimize your computer for what to it.

I took a walk around the local computer stores but they did not have much to offer

any www links for stores like that online in thailand?

FWIW, you can also go to a PC computer parts shop (I realize not everyone lives in Bangkok) like Panthip, where you can choose your components and they will build the PC for you. There is no additional charge, and they usually give you market price for parts they source from other shops. They will also load a lot of SW for you. In some shops you can sit with them while they build the system.

It is pretty simple to put together a PC yourself. There are videos on youtube which show just about every possible configuration.

My random recommendations...get a good case, one that is 'tool-free'. I like the Cooler Master Centurion 5 II. Get a good power supply, modular if budget allows. I like Corsair HX models, usually 750W. Get an after-market CPU cooler to replace the stock one that comes with the CPU. I like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus.

Edited by lomatopo

If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty and build the PC yourself, then take a look at Mechbgon's illustrated guide on how to build your own computer

Do bear in mind though that if something goes pear-shaped when you attempt to install the operating system i.e. you get a pretty blue screen, there's no tech support line you can call upon for assistance.

I went to Tukcom in Sri Racha and specified exactly what parts I needed

and then the guy in the shop put it together for another 150 baht.

Most of the big computer malls will have shops selling boards/cases/power supplies etc.