Bum Gun Uk Installation

sonicdragon

Greetings

If anyone could post pictures of a nice installation of a thai bum gun/spray on a UK toilet, I should be much obliged.

I'm only interested in pics of the fitting of the flexible hose to the toilet water supply pipe (ie, some kind of tee fitting and a valve to regulate the pressure and turn off the supply if the sprayer malfunctions)

We're having new bathrooms fitted and will bring back the actual sprayers from thailand on our next visit, but we want to make sure our plumber installs the correct fittings now.

Thanks

If you are going to install in the UK make sure you have a dual hot/cold feed. It's fine in Thailand using cold water, but freezing your ass in the middle of winter is no fun. Believe me, I know!

I ran one of these when we lived back in the states but the dedicated water line to the toilet is only cold water as that was the feed tapped into.

Do flush toilets in the UK use warm water ?

Re: warm water bum gun:

We had a cold on when living in Paris and while it was a bit of a shock at first, it wasn't a big problem, so we'll just stick with the cold water supply to the toilet. Also, I think it would be a bit of a hassle to plumb in warm water supply for the bum guns (what kind of mixer would be used ?)

After a little checking, I've heard that Thai fittings are very similar to UK ones, so perhaps someone can post a pic of their Thai fitting at the wall end.

Thanks.

Sonic here is a pic of the water outlet line going into a 2 way valve one part of the valve will go into the bum gun & the other goes to the toilet inlet. It should be easy as hell to hook up. where ever the inlet is going into the toilet install the valve. Good luck.

post-32440-0-59245200-1292462527_thumb.j

Here's my arrangement. The upper hose goes to the toilet, the bottom to the bum gun. Each hose has a knob to control the pressure, so I can fill the tank quickly without having the sensitive skin on my derriere blasted with high-pressure water:

bum-spray.jpg