Clutch Judder On A Ford Pick Up

riley76

biggrin.gif first i would like to say thanks to all on this forum who advised about engine oil . done and dusted

next i had a sound like a dry bearing on the clutch ,i had driven through a flood , it lasted for a day or so and went away?

now i have a judder on engaging first gear .but not always? i tried the clutch to see if worn, by, hand brake on full and engage first gear it pulls well it dose'nt stall it , but i still get the judder sometimes on normal take up idea's please is the linkage hydrualic or cable

sorrry why dont i go and look , pulled my back helping to get boats free on kata beach. the night of the storm. kings cupmad.gif

riley 76

Could have rusted some stuff up if water was not expelled or heat dried. Drive for a while and see if it sorts itself out. If it doesn't then something is out of true, plate and/or pressure plate and will need replacing. Only other thing is if oil from trans or engine has passed their seals and has contaminated the centre plate. Usually you can spot that by sliding under and see if there's any oil present from the bell housing. :)

The dual mass flywheels fitted to late model Rangers are dodgy, What year model is yours ??

=spoonman' time stamp=1292502109'=post=4091918smile.gif thanks to both posters. year 2004 nov ;

i fel a bit better now i will get it on a pit some where, and wander about was wondering about a mounting or even a slave cylinder prob . will report asap. Was on patong hill yesterday behind a truck that stalled, Henryetta me truck ,became a bronco, i thought here we go dead truck but no it picked up ,. dont know about dual mass flywheels .but sih.. hot on morris eights and model T thanks guys riley76biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...