New Ferry From Hua Hin To Pattaya

Deserted

Now, this is curious. Apparently the ferry operator has a precision crystal ball with which it plans its operations. This was on their web site home page just now -- 22Dec at 3pm:

hh_ferry.gif

The crossings four days from now are cancelled "due to heavy winds" but today and Friday aren't???

[edited: originally wrote "tomorrow" vs "today"...]

Edited by wpcoe

When you can get a bus direct for under 400 Baht or if you have a diasel car drive a family of 5 for approx 1,600 including tolls and both take 3.5-4 hours......I really dont see any benefit in paying that much and especially when you are dropped miles from Hua Hin at Pak Nam Pram.....if it could actually be a 'booze cruise' like the cross channel ferries then fair enough but with the vesel they have it cant be anything like that...always good to have another option but realistically will it last or make a profit.

This service is probably not aimed at expats (who are mostly looking for the cheapest option). I think it is mainly geared towards tourists who use it for the novelty/adventure as much as for transportation. I know the guy who runs the docking facility in Pak Nam Pran south of Hua Hin on this side and so far, after only a month in business they are doing well. This last week they had about 50 passengers (counting both ways) each day of operation. The boat is only licensed to carry 75 at a time so I'd say there are a fair number of people willing to pay the price at the moment.

Lets see what happens to the numbers after the end of high season though.

This service is probably not aimed at expats

Dangerous way of doing Business then if you ask me...

Go for Tourists by all means but at least be in competition with the other options where the Ex Pats & even locals are concerned, even just to get bums on Seats & raise public awareness..

I'll give it 6 Months if they haven't got a great budget, or a Year if it has a better Budget..

As a business venture I just can't see it surviving more than 12 months tops, it is just not viable.

They are already cancelling trips 2 to 3 days ahead citing the prevailing weather conditions, which seem strange to say the least.

As for hhfarang's friend it is probably more wishful thinking than a true belief.

Edited by stander

Are you able to take your car or on the ferry?

Why would you want to do that when u can drive it in the same time? And look at the size of it ,....

Out of being lazy I guess. I do my fair share of driving in LOS and would appreciate reclining the seat and getting my head down for 3 hours, without the hassle of having to drive. In any event its always a 5 or 6 hour drive for me from HH - 3 hours on a ferry far more attractive.

Are you able to take your car or on the ferry?

Why would you want to do that when u can drive it in the same time? And look at the size of it ,....

Out of being lazy I guess. I do my fair share of driving in LOS and would appreciate reclining the seat and getting my head down for 3 hours, without the hassle of having to drive. In any event its always a 5 or 6 hour drive for me from HH - 3 hours on a ferry far more attractive.

Yep, count me in for that also, I'm not up for putting my life in the hands of a crazy transport driver or driving the 4+ hours myself when I can just get some sleep on a ferry, but I'm not counting every baht