Visa For My Wife Brother

Hello all

please can anyone give me some info on the best and easiest way to apply for a visa for my wifes brother to visit us in the UK. Her brother is Thai a is my wife and he is 20 years old.

My wife have permanent leave to remain in Uk.

Cheers in advance

Simon

please can anyone give me some info on the best and easiest way to apply for a visa for my wifes brother to visit us in the UK. Her brother is Thai a is my wife and he is 20 years old.

My wife have permanent leave to remain in Uk.

Your brother-in-law should apply at a British consulate in Thailand.

If he wishes to get some information in advance, before presenting himself at the consulate, he can inquire from one of the following addresses:

British Embassy

1031 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Tel: +66 (0) 2 305 8333

ext: 2334, 2318

Fax: +66 (0) 2 255 605

Email: [email protected]

Opening Hours:

Monday - Thursday 0800-1100, 1300-1530

Friday 0800 – 1200 only

British Honorary Consul

198 Bumrungraj Road

Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

Thailand

Tel: +66 (0) 53 263015

Fax: +66 (0) 53 263014

Email: [email protected]

Opening Hours:

Monday - Friday 0900-1130

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Simon,

Ultimately, you can apply either by post or in person at the embassy in BKK. You can get the application form using this link.

There are various pieces of supporting evidence which may need to be submitted, either by you or by your brother-in-law. If you wish any further guidance, then can you please give a bit more information? How long do you intend your brother-in-law to stay? What job does he do in Thailand? Is he single/married? Did your wife obtain her indefinite leave by the book or did she bend the rules at all? Who is paying for this trip?

Scouse.

The application has to be made by your brother-in-law, of course.

The ECO will look at 3 main areas:-

1) Is the application genuine, i.e. is the visit for the stated purpose? Provide birth certificates etc. to show the relationship, and any evidence of contact etc.

2) Can the visitor pay for the trip and support him/herself during the visit, with the sponsor's help if necessary? Provide evidence of his finances, income etc., and yours if you are providing financial assistance. Also details of where he will be staying.

3) Will the visitor leave the UK when, or before, the visa expires? Usually the tricky one. Does he have a job? Can he provide evidence of this, employers letter for example? Is he a student? Will the university confirm this and when he is due back? Does he own property?

More details can be found at Guidance - Visitors (INF 2) and Guidance - Sponsors (INF 3)

• 2 weeks later...