Rail Link

sbaker8688

Its pretty user friendly and is the same format as the BTS.

There are two services, the "express" and "city line" services. The express service only runs between the airport and makasan station, while the city line stop at half a dozen places including makasan, ratchaparop (close to Baiyoke) and Paya Thai (conects with BTS).

Depending on the time of day, the city line gets pretty full so if you are traveling with kids or lots of baggage, then I would recomend the express. You can easily get cabs to and from the makasan station.

However, depending on the time time of day and your point of origin, I would still be inclined to just get a cab for the sake of a couple of huncred extra baht and an extra 10mins.

I'm on the Sukhumvit line, so I just go up to Phaya Thai and walk to the rail link. Easy. Just not with bags. If I have more than a small pack to carry, I take a taxi. Allegedly, the system will add lots of escalators in 2011, but for now you'll find yourself struggling up and down stairs in many places. Also, when you get to the airport, ignore the option to leave the train and go to the right. Stay left and save yourself a really long walk.