Residence Certicate For Driver's Licence

when i got mine i took the rental agreement from my landlord with my name and house details, 2 photos and my passport,

costs 500 baht for certificate.

i used the certificate to transfer a vehicle and the transport office took a copy , i also used the same certificate to obtain driving licences and they kept the original.

i think also immigration accept other documents like the house book if your name is written in it.

certificate is only valid for 1 month.

regards,

chris

If you belong to Khon Kaen, dont bother!! They dont care at all and refuse to issue the proper document for a thai driver license. What I did was that i went to my Amphoe-office and they signed the document (proof of residence) without any charge at all. That was all, easy and saved a trip next time to khon Shit Kaen (15+0 km.s away.

Good luck

The reason I asked is that here in Buriram the licence centre accepts a letter from the police station. The police require copy of house book, id card of first named in book, copy of own passport and a photo. Oh and 100baht "donation".

May be worth asking where you are as to what the licence centre wants.

If you are working you can use your work permit.

Thanks everyone. Today I got the certificate from CM Immigration. They took a copy of my partner's housebook on which she wrote and signed that I did in fact live at that address too. Done.

Today I got the certificate from CM Immigration.

Presumably you're here long-stay, i.e., you're not a border runner? (Just curious, as my understanding is that you cannot get a certificate of residence if a border runner...)

I got a residence certificate from immigration no problem while on a multi non o visa and doing 90 day border hops...

Edited by mxyzptlk