Tribulus Terrestris

kaosoi

Hello,

After getting my testosterone levels checked I am deficient there and need to boost them. The options presented by the doctor are lifelong and seem inevitable but would like to try a natural remedy first to see if it has any effect.

So, does anyone know where I can get tribulus terrestris in Bangkok?

Thanks.

Hi there,

we sell several products containing Tribulus terrestris

Below is Dymatize Trib-650

http://www.phukethealthshop.com/#ecwid:mode=product&product=1461720

and here is the rest of the products we sell containing Tribulus terrestris

http://www.phukethealthshop.com/#ecwid:keywords=Tribulus%20Terrestris&mode=search&offset=0&sort=relevance

We offer free EMS shipping in Thailand on all orders.

can get it at chinese pharmacies.

Ask for bai ji li (白蒺藜)

Chinese pharmacists will make combinations of herbs and extracts which could also include Tonkat Ali aka Long Jack and others.

Depends a lot on what the blood works shows as to what is best. DHEA is a good over the counter in Thailand pre testosterone hormone that can be taken also.

Is the total testosterone low? how low? free testosterone level %? and testosterone to estriadol level is helpful to know.

If a person is low on Testosterone, free T and estrogen then bio identical testosterone supplements are really helpful. There is no addiction or problem occurs if its discontinued. The deficiency will just return.

A lot of times people get good results by rotating the herbs like Tribulus terrestris and horny goat weed. For the herbs a lot of times they don't work for people because it's not addressing the reason which can be mineral deficiency or hormone deficiency.

In any case follow up with periodic blood work to monitor levels.

A wise way to go might be Testosterone injections for 6 months or so to get over a crisis and then experiment with fewer injections and rotate in a variety of herbs and supplements and see if you can keep your levels up.

can get it at chinese pharmacies.

Ask for bai ji li (白蒺藜)

Chinese pharmacists will make combinations of herbs and extracts which could also include Tonkat Ali aka Long Jack and others.

Depends a lot on what the blood works shows as to what is best. DHEA is a good over the counter in Thailand pre testosterone hormone that can be taken also.

Is the total testosterone low? how low? free testosterone level %? and testosterone to estriadol level is helpful to know.

If a person is low on Testosterone, free T and estrogen then bio identical testosterone supplements are really helpful. There is no addiction or problem occurs if its discontinued. The deficiency will just return.

A lot of times people get good results by rotating the herbs like Tribulus terrestris and horny goat weed. For the herbs a lot of times they don't work for people because it's not addressing the reason which can be mineral deficiency or hormone deficiency.

In any case follow up with periodic blood work to monitor levels.

A wise way to go might be Testosterone injections for 6 months or so to get over a crisis and then experiment with fewer injections and rotate in a variety of herbs and supplements and see if you can keep your levels up.

Thanks - whether total level is low or not I do not know.

My blood test result is "Testosterone - 5.3 ng/ml" and, as I am 38, it should be between 9.00 and 37.48. I have not had a "luteinising hormone" check yet but no problem with blood sugar or thyroid.

Will look into 白蒺藜 and DHEA (any idea where I get DHEA? Went in to local boots but NG)

Edited by kaosoi

I think it's the Boots here in Chiang Mai and it stocks DHEA. Might have to ask around but it's apparently okay for OTC or they would not be selling it here. I would imagine they could order it without any problem.

I have seen it 25 mg x 60 for about 700 baht. Not cheap compared to US where I can get 25 mg x 500 for about 400 baht.

If you want to order it from the US and have it delivered then it ends up being about that including shipping if you order 2000+ tablets. PM me for details. 50 mg per day is a reasonable low side safe dose.

Probably a good idea to try a few bottles of the more expensive local variety and see if it perks you up.

Ideally there is a blood test for DHEA -S (sulphate) to determine if your low. Another precursor hormone Pregnenolone can be tested for. Similarly to DHEA it's fairly cheap but I have never seen it for sale in Thailand but easy to obtain mail order from the US.... Most aging males are low in both.

These are the pathways cholesterol turns into steroidal hormones like DHEA and Testosterone.

SteroidalGenesis

Note DHEA is 5-Dehydroepiandrosterone

If you want a good tribulus product the best by far and most don't work by the way is Tribulus Forte by Mediherb. You can buy it online. You need Bulgarian tribulus and it needs to be taken from the flower of the plant. Most products are unfortunately rubbish so you would be wasting your money.

In Thailand i would probably use a good Chinese herbal practioner as most supplements here are rubbish and very expensive.

Of course you should also look at lifestyle issues.

WHat is your diet like?

Are you overweight?

Are you fit?

Do you drink too much?

If you want a good tribulus product the best by far and most don't work by the way is Tribulus Forte by Mediherb. You can buy it online. You need Bulgarian tribulus and it needs to be taken from the flower of the plant. Most products are unfortunately rubbish so you would be wasting your money.

In Thailand i would probably use a good Chinese herbal practioner as most supplements here are rubbish and very expensive.

Of course you should also look at lifestyle issues.

WHat is your diet like?

Are you overweight?

Are you fit?

Do you drink too much?

Thanks - no am slim, vegetarian, dont over drink...lifestyle is not an issue except perhas making sure I get enough iron and protein.

5.3 ng/m is quite low for 38.

Might be worthwhile to test again in a few months. Sometimes the results can be flakey.

A vegetarian often does have a lower total number which is not alarming but the key figure is the free T.

It needs to be substantial enough for when the body needs it

Are you having specific symptoms like increased body fat or changing fat storage locations? It doesn't have to be a lot but it's really important to prevent inter abdominal fat from building up which usually indicates a relative increase in estrogen. Estrogen is the fat and water storage hormone. Also changes a persons emotional makeup.

Other symptoms could be lack of energy, sex drive, slow muscle recovery, man boobs, sleep issues, mood issues etc.

I used to be a longtime vegetarian and something happens in the 40's where the body just needs better quality of amino acids. I hit a wall athletically and started phasing in high quality animal foods and feeling really good.

Being a well implemented vegetarian takes some work, execution and some often pricey special supplements to maintain thru the 40's and 50's. Being a balanced omnivore is perhaps simpler.

Depends quite a bit on what lifestyle stresses and demands a person is subjecting themselves to.

Might be worthwhile to test again in a few months. Sometimes the results can be flakey.

A vegetarian often does have a lower total number which is not alarming but the key figure is the free T.

Are you having specific symptoms like increased body fat or changing fat storage locations? It doesn't have to be a lot but it's really important to prevent inter abdominal fat from building up which usually indicates a relative increase in estrogen. Estrogen is the fat and water storage hormone. Also changes a persons emotional makeup.

Other symptoms could be lack of energy, sex drive, slow muscle recovery, man boobs, sleep issues, mood issues etc.

I used to be a longtime vegetarian and something happens in the 40's where the body just needs better quality of amino acids. I hit a wall athletically and started phasing in high quality animal foods and feeling really good.

Being a well implemented vegetarian takes some work, execution and some often pricey special supplements to maintain thru the 40's and 50's. Being a balanced omnivore is perhaps simpler.

Depends quite a bit on what lifestyle stresses and demands a person is subjecting themselves to.

I agree if you are a vegetarian it is going to be difficult to get all the things your body needs.

I was a vegetarian for about 7 years but It was a nightmare trying to get the diet right. Unfortunately on a vegetarian diet it is often hard to absorb all the nutrients in the food and often unless you are eating organic the quality of fruit vegetables and grains is not good enough to sustain you.

Eating a bit of meat may also increase your testosterone levels and especially eating beef once a week and chicken and fish a few times a week.

The original motivation for checking this is ED which i have suffered from for some years. Low testosterone seems a possible cause.

I am skinny but can carry some flab around my stomach sometimes...not much though. It is always a challenge to make the effort to eat well (get the right things for a veggie diet) but I try. Stress levels have been high recently but this problem has been long term.

There was post on Thai Visa a couple of years ago that suggested a combination of :

1. Tribulus, oats + vitamin C to free up bound testosterone, zinc, exercise...it seems to chime with a lot of what you (and Tolley) say.

2. DHEA seems an option.

3. or just go for the prescribed stuff.

went nto a pharmacy today looking for tribulus (have not made it down to chinatown yet) and the pharmacist pointed me towards butea superba..which I had never heard of and did not buy.