Visa Application

Hi All,

Have tried searching on this topic, just seem to be too many variables for me to understand.

Now I know we need non immigrant "B". But not sure whether we need multi entry or not. We will be supplying Thai consulate in UK with some of our Thai company paperwork, & as far as I know once in Thailand we'll need to do a visa run to Burma border every 90 days. So multi entry???

Sorry if this has been asked many times before.

Multi entry is considerably dearer than single entry, & didn't want to get this one if un-necessary.

Oh I don't have a Thai wife, know this makes a difference.

Thanks in advance. We move to Chiang mai Oct 18......yeah! :o

"Multi-entry" means that once you leave the Kingdom after your first entry runs out after 90 days (and any extensions you may have) you can come back still using your Non-Imm "B" visa and get another 90 days to carry out your business. If you came back without having a multi-entry visa you would only be allowed a 30 day tourist pass.

No harm done with a multiple (but for the price), however, nothing is straight.

If your Thai company fulfills the criteria to hire you as a foreigner (company capital, number of employees etc etc.) a single entry will do perfectly well. At the end of the 90-days stay, i.e. during the last month of your permitted stay, apply with immigration office for an annual extention. If granted, usually after 2-3 months consideration by the immigration-police, you will receive a permit to stay for one year frm date of entry. This can be extented every year as long as your employment remains the same.

While your aplication is under consideration, you can stay in Thailand, however, have to show up at immigration every month to get a new stamp (under consideration). If you wish to travel, you will need a re-entry permit whichis only valid for as long as the current stamp is valid.