Going 2 Kasetsart University

swangdi

Hi guys,

I like to know how to get to the Kasetsart University from the BKK international airport? How far is it? And how much would it cost me to get there by a taxi from the airport?

I'll arriving BKK on 9th sept 2005. So any suggestions from you guys will save my life.

Cheers

Sangay

Reading

UK

It's about 8 kilometers down the main road into town on Vipawadee rangsit rd. catch a taxi. Should cost 100 baht + 50 baht airport taxi fee. Can take tollway above same road for extra 20 baht

You might have someone write down the name and address of the University in Thai so you can show the taxi driver or else if you have a letter from them on official stationery this might help them know where you want to go.....telling them you want to go to the Cassette's Art Universe City might not get you to where you want to be.

Thanks Sel & Chownah for the directions. I've been to BKK several times before but always stayed in hotels.

This will be my first visit to KU where some of my friends are doing their postgraduate courses.

One of my friends told me to ask a taxi driver to reach me to KASET PATUSONG - Gate No. 2. Will that make any sense to Thai taxi drivers? I hope I don't end up in an entirely new place. Your suggestion on transcribing the address in Thai is a good one; I'll surely do it.

Will appreciate any clarifications on the above. And thanks to you guys for the suggestions.

Sangay

University of Reading

UK

Best thing to do is find it on a tourist map - it is clearly marked. Then show that to the driver so he knows where to go.

:o

Only joking - don't do that.

Are you going as a student or a teacher ? I did my degree in a Thai university and it was a real 'experience'. One I am glad of, but it was frustrating .... Kasetsart University has a good reputation though.

Thanks Sel & Chownah for the directions. I've been to BKK several times before but always stayed in hotels.

This will be my first visit to KU where some of my friends are doing their postgraduate courses.

One of my friends told me to ask a taxi driver to reach me to KASET PATUSONG - Gate No. 2. Will that make any sense to Thai taxi drivers? I hope I don't end up in an entirely new place. Your suggestion on transcribing the address in Thai is a good one; I'll surely do it.

Will appreciate any clarifications on the above. And thanks to you guys for the suggestions.

Sangay

University of Reading

UK

I know only Kasetsart Bangkhen. This address you chould show the taxi driver

........มหาวิทยาลัยเกษตรศาสตร์ บางเขน.....จอดประตูที่สอง

.......( Maha Vitayalai Kasetsart Bangkhen......Jord pratoo tii song..)

.......( Kasetsart University, Bangkhen, stop at the second door )

I'm sure it works. :o