Marriage

relaxed

UPDATE:

told her this morning that engagement off. She is very upset but gave me a final last chance for me to change my mind. I offered to delay engagement but I would still take care of everything for her. To clarify the 20000 baht allowance, she said it is a savings for our family and in both of our names. I guess not that, that matters. But I suspect I will be moving out this weekend. I have an idea things are gonna get ugly this evening after she gets off work.

UPDATE:

told her this morning that engagement off. She is very upset but gave me a final last chance for me to change my mind. I offered to delay engagement but I would still take care of everything for her. To clarify the 20000 baht allowance, she said it is a savings for our family and in both of our names. I guess not that, that matters. But I suspect I will be moving out this weekend. I have an idea things are gonna get ugly this evening after she gets off work.

Good luck with that, but without a significant change in attitude any marriage between you is doomed. Marriages are hard enough when both parties are from the same culture. When they are from disparate cultures though, they are quite simply impossible unless both parties work to find a suitable compromise. If she is demanding sin sot and support in the way a mia noi would ask a Thai sponsor, she is quite clearly not trying to understand how a farang views marriage, or work with you in any way. Big red flag doesn't even begin to describe the way this looks.

You should recommend to her that she find a Thai man, as her very myopic demands make it quite clear she does not possess the maturity, knowledge or the right frame of mind to have a relationship with a farang.

Forget about her. She is nothing but a Gold Digger. She probably has lots of Thai Suiters that have been helping to support her.

If a Thai friend says get out, then he knows things you could never know.

Even if you speak Thai, you can't know it all. Especially here in Thailand.

If you go thru with a relationship with this elderly woman, you will end up being alone and not taken care of while she is off "Working" :whistling:

It is far better to just rent than to buy into marriage at the rate she expects.

That thing down ther of her's aint worth that kind of gold :o

Lots of fish in the sea. You found the Shark :ermm:

What do you mean when you say the 20,000 baht is in both your names and a savings for your family? Why does she need it in both your names? You have money, you will take care of her. She doesn't need to have anything in both your names.

Tell her that if the 20,000 is to be in both your names then perhaps HER house should be in both your names.

Please give a follow up, this could be fun.

Money in a Joint account with both your names :lol:

This is Thailand.......... You will lose. All she has to do is withdraw the money from the account and you are up the creek without a paddle :blink:

Wake up and smell the coffee. Undoubtibly she has taken a few guys for a ride to have a house, car with mortgage etc etc etc.

You should recommend to her that she find a Thai man, as her very myopic demands make it quite clear she does not possess the maturity, knowledge or the right frame of mind to have a relationship with a farang.

No Thai man will look at her, she is far too old.

Thai men like to marry a girl 15-25, at 30+ there is almost no hope for them to find a Thai partner.

I don't understand this attitude myself as I find women most attractive in the 30-40 age range.

Thai guys may be a lot of things, but one thing is for sure, they know Thai girls better than you do. I would listen to your “best friend”. He may know something you don’t. ;)

Totally agree.

Especially also since the OP claims his best friend is a Thai as well.

I just want to thank everyone for their honest and straightforward opinion. Most of the time people on the outside can see the situation clearer and sometimes I have the tendency to do something I don't want too just to make someone else happy..thanks everyone

Mr. Relaxed

First thing you need to do, if you decide to end this relationship, which you should, is to change your phone number.

No need to explain why.

The very next thing is to start dating other women again before the, "she wasnt all that bad" thoughts come sneaking into your mind one evening you are feeling a bit blue.

We all have at least once in our life been there.

Mr. Relaxed

First thing you need to do, if you decide to end this relationship, which you should, is to change your phone number.

No need to explain why.

The very next thing is to start dating other women again before the, "she wasnt all that bad" thoughts come sneaking into your mind one evening you are feeling a bit blue.

Very good advice.

It may also be that she has been telling everyone she has found a rich farang and is set for life. She will be none too pleased about the breakup and a serious loss of face. May be wise to find a new abode to just be safe as a thai woman scorned is not to be taken lightly.

Mr. Relaxed

No need to explain why.

Very good advice.

It may also be that she has been telling everyone she has found a rich farang and is set for life. She will be none too pleased about the breakup and a serious loss of face. May be wise to find a new abode to just be safe as a thai woman scorned is not to be taken lightly.

She is going to go ape-shit when she loses face. She will try to kill you.

Keep your pimp hand strong.

• 2 months later...