Phuket To Istanbul By Air?

CroBiker

Hi TV members,

I heard there is a direct flight (or via BKK) from Phuket to Istanbul. Anyone knows what airline service this route, ticket cost etc?

Also, what is the best ticketing agent on the island to book flight to this destination?

Edited by CroBiker

I'm fairly sure the only direct route is from BKK with Turkish airlines. As for price, as with all flights, it will depend when you are flying and when you book. The cheapest flights will probably be indirect via Moscow or the Middle East. Just whack the dates in to a flight search engine, and see what you get. I'm fairly sure it's always cheaper to get your tickets online than any agent here in Phuket.

Not always BTB. I was checking on line prices to Japan and the local TAs offered me much better rate. So don't always assume that on line is on the money. I think they assume that you assume that, and up the price.

And what country you buy is crucial too. Sorry I cannot give Turkish anecdotal but TG ticket NRT>BKK>NRT is much cheaper than the other way around. i.e. It is cheaper to buy a return ticket in Japan than Thailand. Go figure.

Wether this applies to Turkish routings, I know not.

Not always BTB. I was checking on line prices to Japan and the local TAs offered me much better rate. So don't always assume that on line is on the money. I think they assume that you assume that, and up the price.

And what country you buy is crucial too. Sorry I cannot give Turkish anecdotal but TG ticket NRT>BKK>NRT is much cheaper than the other way around. i.e. It is cheaper to buy a return ticket in Japan than Thailand. Go figure.

Wether this applies to Turkish routings, I know not.

many travel agents here does not have insurance and lisence, so buying a ticket from them does not assure you can travel, as some of them fail to pay the ticket to the supplier/airline. I m sure someone can fill me in on what name of the oraganisation they need to be a member of to have lisence and insurance

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that surprises me a lot. I always check several different companies, as they don't all check the same airlines, but if you checked say expedia, opodo, kayak, and e-bookers, then I would be very surprised if you could get an international flight, any cheaper in an agents office on Phuket.

I remember once I had problems with my credit card, so tried to book the exact same flight that I wanted on Etihads web site, in Patong and it was £50 dearer. That's the exact same flight!

That was just one time though, so I don't have a great deal else to go on. Like someone else said though, you go with an international company, at least you know exactly what you are getting.