Experience With Pang Nam Ron Immigration

Has anyone had experience with either the Immigration staff at Pang Nam Ron, or the Chanthaburi Police regarding the issuing of the certificate of residency required for a Thai drivers license.

I hate to make the run to the embassy for that.

Assistance is appreciated.

Hi

I think the girl that worked there was going to give it to me for free as per one poster, but when I got back with my photo I dealt with a uniformed policeman and he wanted 500 baht as per the other poster. This was 6 months ago.

I failed to report in.

I went with wife and some bills showing I lived there.

I had to go back the next day with my landlady so she could register me.Then paid 500 baht and viola. Certificate of residence.

Sorry for the delay.

• 1 month later...

a little further north, got my residency letter for driver licence renewal last Tuesday and paid 500 baht at Aranyaprathet.

As I recall the last residence form i had was simply a tear-off from bottom of a page with an immigration stamp; this time a full page typed letter with photo attached and stamp across photo/letter. So it seems I made a donation . . . I don't care in the scheme of things it's nothing major, and to brighten things up the same day won 4000 baht in the lottery which covered our expenses for the trip (stayed overnight) and got my car/bike licences sorted in SK the next morning.

We are relocating to Chanthaburi later this month, close enough to return to the farm if necessary (we're south Sa Kaeo now).