Russia and Iran agree on further nuclear talks

News_Editor

Russia and Iran agree on further nuclear talks

2011-01-18 12:00:59 GMT+7 (ICT)

MOSCOW, RUSSIA (BNO NEWS) -- Russia and Iran on Monday agreed to continue talks on the controversial Iranian nuclear program ahead of the next round of meetings with he G5+1 group.

According to the RIA Novosti news agency, officials of both Iran and Russia reached an agreement to continue discussions in a variety of unannounced multilateral formats. The agreement was reached following a telephone conversation between Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev on Monday morning.

Ahmadinejad and Medvedev agreed to continue energy cooperation, as well as on the Bushehr power plant which was constructed by Russia. It was the first nuclear plant in Iran.

Iran invited a number of prominent figures from six countries to take a tour at the Arak heavy water facility and Natanz uranium enrichment center, both in Central Iran. Russia, China and the EU rejected Iran's invitation to tour its nuclear facilities earlier this month.

EU officials said that the invitation was turned down by the EU as it insisted that the visit should be made by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) instead. Iran claims that it has always pursued peaceful means and said its nuclear program is a civilian path to provide power to Iran's growing population, as fossil fuel would eventually run dry.

However, the United States have raised suspicion over the Iranian nuclear program and has achieved to place the Islamic country under a fourth round of sanctions, which were imposed by the UN Security Council.

Ahmadinejad said that the sanctions against his country were illegal and downplayed any effect it might have had in Iran. He added that the measures only strengthen the country and accelerate progress.

On January 21 to 22, Iranian officials will meet with the five permanent UN Security Council members (the United States, Russia, China, Britain and France) plus Germany in Istanbul, Turkey, for a next round of talks.

Last December, Iranian officials met with the G5+1 group in Geneva, Switzerland, amidst international skepticism as it was believed that the meetings would not last a single day. However, Iranian officials said the talks were held under a positive and constructive atmosphere and agreed to hold additional meetings.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-01-18

It seems once again that the US Government just cannot/ will not keep its nose out of other countries affairs. Iran toes the line by letting in " prominant figures " from 6 foriegn countries to inspect the heavy water and Uranium enrichment facilities,one of which being Russia, which I may add is a permanant member of the UN security council. And it is still not enough for Uncle Sam.

What does Iran need to do to satisfy the all too often two faced foriegn policies of the US Government? :annoyed:

It seems once again that the US Government just cannot/ will not keep its nose out of other countries affairs. Iran toes the line by letting in " prominant figures " from 6 foriegn countries to inspect the heavy water and Uranium enrichment facilities,one of which being Russia, which I may add is a permanant member of the UN security council. And it is still not enough for Uncle Sam.

What does Iran need to do to satisfy the all too often two faced foriegn policies of the US Government? :annoyed:

Iran ranked 166th out of 169 nations in Freedom of the press. In most freedom indexes only Yemen in the Middle East ranks below Iran. Tunisia is a relative hot bed of Freedom in comparison to Iran.

It is no surprise that most other nations in the Middle East (as revealed by WikiLeaks) do not want Iran to have a nuclear capacity.

It is obvious to almost everyone in the world (except for certain TV posters from down under) that Iran and Russia are not Free countries. They don't have hoards of people on their borders waiting to get in.

The US has taken the burden of defending the free world with the approval of almost all of the Western democracies.

There are good guys and bad guys. Iran and Russia are the bad guys. You don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind is blowing on this particular issue.

I sympathize with your hatred with the U S's role as the policeman of the world. It is easy to hate cops. I don't care for them much myself but I do understand what is going on.

I was watching a movie on Australian TV last night about a retarded guy who robbed banks using remote controlled little toy cars and big robot ash trays. He and his convict buddy and a girlfriend escaped capture and prosecution. You rarely see a movie in the US where the thief gets away with it. I think this is an Aussie phenomenon and Aussies seem to have a high tolerance for crooks and a low tolerance for police. So I can see how Aussies would dislike America's role as policeman of the world even more than most people.

As much as I sympathize with your deep seated hooray for convicts mentality in this case it is really better for the world that Iran not have nuclear bombs.

Iran ranked 166th out of 169 nations in Freedom of the press. In most freedom indexes only Yemen in the Middle East ranks below Iran. Tunisia is a relative hot bed of Freedom in comparison to Iran.

It is no surprise that most other nations in the Middle East (as revealed by WikiLeaks) do not want Iran to have a nuclear capacity.

It is obvious to almost everyone in the world (except for certain TV posters from down under) that Iran and Russia are not Free countries. They don't have hoards of people on their borders waiting to get in.

The US has taken the burden of defending the free world with the approval of almost all of the Western democracies.

There are good guys and bad guys. Iran and Russia are the bad guys. You don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind is blowing on this particular issue.

I sympathize with your hatred with the U S's role as the policeman of the world. It is easy to hate cops. I don't care for them much myself but I do understand what is going on.

I was watching a movie on Australian TV last night about a retarded guy who robbed banks using remote controlled little toy cars and big robot ash trays. He and his convict buddy and a girlfriend escaped capture and prosecution. You rarely see a movie in the US where the thief gets away with it. I think this is an Aussie phenomenon and Aussies seem to have a high tolerance for crooks and a low tolerance for police. So I can see how Aussies would dislike America's role as policeman of the world even more than most people.

As much as I sympathize with your deep seated hooray for convicts mentality in this case it is really better for the world that Iran not have nuclear bombs.

I seem to be missing your point. Do you have one? If Russia and Iran are not 'free' countries then so be it. Has nothing to do with your or the USA. Further moire, what does Australia have to do with me ? Seems like you have made a mess of yourself with this post.

One should not watch too many movies dude. It seems that you have seen one too many.

Most of them ARE fictitious therefore one should not take too much away from them. :lol:

Edited by coma

I seem to be missing your point. Do you have one? If Russia and Iran are not 'free' countries then so be it. Has nothing to do with your or the USA. Further moire, what does Australia have to do with me ? Seems like you have made a mess of yourself with this post.

One should not watch too many movies dude. It seems that you have seen one too many.

Most of them ARE fictitious therefore one should not take too much away from them. :lol:

No worries, you are missing the point but if I read you correctly you want Iran to have an atomic bomb. OK that's cool. Not many people agree with you. But if that is your opinion you are certainly entitled to it.

No worries, you are missing the point but if I read you correctly you want Iran to have an atomic bomb. OK that's cool. Not many people agree with you. But if that is your opinion you are certainly entitled to it.

WRONG! I definately do not want Iran to possess Nuclear Weapons, nor have I stated so in any of my previous posts. This news report, if one reads it in full, states that they are allowing foriegn inspectors in to ensure that they are NOT moving towards producing such weapons. However I do believe that they have the right to use nuclear technology for medical and energy purposes. I mean it is the energy of the future. In a time when governments around the world are looking for alternate sources of energy. Uranium /nuclear energy seems to be the leading contenter. In time ,maybe well after you and I are gone, the entire worlds power supply will be run on nuclear energy. IMO.

The IAEA has offered to supply Iran with uranium which could be used for civilian but not military purposes. Iran said no because they want a bomb. If this is news to you I suggest some reading. The US does not care if Iran has nuclear power plants. They don't want to be able to enrich weapons grade uranium. The world knows this. This is common knowledge.

The IAEA has offered to supply Iran with uranium which could be used for civilian but not military purposes. Iran said no because they want a bomb. If this is news to you I suggest some reading. The US does not care if Iran has nuclear power plants. They don't want to be able to enrich weapons grade uranium. The world knows this. This is common knowledge.

Only if you say so. :lol:

Only if you say so. :lol:

I won't argue the point, there is just too much information out there to even try and dispute the fact. Gosh it is even on Wiki.

What's the big deal.

Iran and Russia have been business partners for years. I met Russians in 1975 in Kermanshah, Iran, that were building a steel plant.

This is all just another stalling tactic so they can get around any UN inspections. Just more middle east madness.